Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Sawboss

lewis97 wrote:Logger's Leap :)
Ah ha! Cheers, I don't know the layout of Thorpe all that well.
Owen

Interestingly, both Saw and THE SWARM show that they once again feature on ride videos. As well as this, there is no mention of GHOST TRAIN featuring a Fasttrack entrance...
Justin

I must agree Dom - whilst a laugh, IAC was not good yesterday either!

There was more dialogue from the actors than before; however, the attraction felt very tired already. We're only a year in too!

Called in, we were welcomed to the camp before Ant and Dec arrived and a group leader was chosen but the role was not utalised throughout the attraction. The Ant and Dec segment had obviously been cut to take out mentions of last years scenes as the clip jumped at one point. I'm sure many of the effects from last year are broken. The buttons in the tanks did not work, trees no longer shook as you walked past them and at Cyclone there was no flashing lights, but just wind blowing down the hill and no real challenge.

The sorting of the camp mates undies was just cringeworthy before this, but Kiosk Keith's Nephew was brilliant in the Outback Shack. He really made it worthwhile and entertaining!

The queues were only 15 minutes, but I wouldn't wait any longer for it!
Luce

I agree with the comments and think it hasn't really improved the attraction despite the good theming - which I personally believe is the only good thing about it. I think the space could be better utilised to be honest and it is a shame that IAC didn't turn out better.
Owen

Here are a few photos of some merchandise I purchased from my trip today.

Here is the fantastic new The Swarm resin with detailing both on the front and back -

This cost £8 and £6.60 with a Annual Pass discount. Worth every penny.

I also purchased the 4 pin badges the resort are offering for 2016, you can collect badges from The Swarm, Stealth, Colossus and a generic resort logo badge.

These are £2.50 and £2 with an Annual Pass discount. My main niggle with these is how small they are in comparison to the badges Alton Towers were offering in 2015. As well as the ride themed badges not having a plastic coating. Here is a comparison between the two -

Still not too bad for £2, and I hope that this line will be expanded in the coming years.
wolfwynd

I'm so happy they're starting to do pin badges in places other than AT. It makes my lanyard happy, lol.
Ladyofthelake

The pin badges are a great addition to the ride merchandise and I'm really hoping that we see further pins released later in the season so that they at least cover the big 5 coasters and Derren Brown's Ghost Train. Personally I think the latest pins are the perfect size - they fit nicely on a lanyard if you want to wear them, or can be displayed on a pin board as I plan to do with them. I always thought that last year's pins from Alton Towers were far too big and heavy (something I know alot of other people thought and fed back too), so it's noct to see Merlin have listened and adjusted the range accordingly :)
Luce

It's great to see pin badges back at Thorpe and I agree with Lakey, it would be fab to have the other coasters and Derren Brown's Ghost Train to add to the collection. One piece of merchandise I do miss is shot glasses as I used to collect them but I guess they weren't popular and so it would make sense to change what's available.
Justin

I prefer pins to be smaller. I didn't buy last year's Alton pins as they were oversized and/or featured a chain bar. This is something I don't like as as Lakey said, the smaller pins make them easier to wear on the lanyards.

I purchased the Thorpe logo, but even this is too big. Colossus is the best one out of the lot.
owenrita121

Luce wrote:It's great to see pin badges back at Thorpe and I agree with Lakey, it would be fab to have the other coasters and Derren Brown's Ghost Train to add to the collection. One piece of merchandise I do miss is shot glasses as I used to collect them but I guess they weren't popular and so it would make sense to change what's available.
They still do shot glasses? Especially at Towers, The Smiler has about 3 different types alone.
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
Owen

Indeed they do still do shot glasses, however they're in a tube form as opposed to a small cup :)
coastercallum

Has anyone seen the colossus mug that has been around for a few seasons. I really like it and its only £7.50 or £6 with MAP discount which I think is a bargain. Also Saw has a new mug this season.
owenrita121

Owen wrote:Indeed they do still do shot glasses, however they're in a tube form as opposed to a small cup :)
No they are the test tube shot glasses, they still do traditional shot glasses aswell, I picked on up in shop at the smiler on Saturday.
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
RedStar98

I haven't been through the attraction since July, and I was just wondering how the maze ends now- is the tube slide at the end being used? My group was told to exit the maze before the 'Cyclone' challenge due to technical problems and I noticed the slide was fenced off, and even when I wasn't using the attraction on other visits to the shop I don't think I've ever seen it in use.
Owen

RedStar98 wrote:I haven't been through the attraction since July, and I was just wondering how the maze ends now- is the tube slide at the end being used? My group was told to exit the maze before the 'Cyclone' challenge due to technical problems and I noticed the slide was fenced off, and even when I wasn't using the attraction on other visits to the shop I don't think I've ever seen it in use.
You do exit the attraction via the slide :)
COASTERGUY246

not sure if anybody brought this up, but inferno has some shiny new wheel covers to replace the broken ones

Burniel

Owen wrote: This cost £8 and £6.60 with a Annual Pass discount. Worth every penny.
Surely that should be £6.40 with the discount? :-k

I really like the look of that resin, will definitely be making a purchase!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Owen

Dan.B wrote:
Owen wrote: This cost £8 and £6.60 with a Annual Pass discount. Worth every penny.
Surely that should be £6.40 with the discount? :-k

I really like the look of that resin, will definitely be making a purchase!
Thank you for correcting it, as you can see I posted this post late and after a day on the park I wasn't fully with it! :lol

I recommend all the new resins, they're all fantastic! These are Stealth, Colossus, Nemesis Inferno and The Swarm (from what I could see). They're all much nicer than any other resins I've seen across the Merlin brand!
Dom

owenrita121 wrote:
Owen wrote:Indeed they do still do shot glasses, however they're in a tube form as opposed to a small cup :)
No they are the test tube shot glasses, they still do traditional shot glasses aswell, I picked on up in shop at the smiler on Saturday.
Test tube shot glasses are still shot glasses, so Owen is technically correct. I don't recall ever seeing any normal shaped shot glasses at Thorpe Park, but then again I haven't been paying attention to that particular part of the merchandise range. Just because they sell them Alton Towers, doesn't necessarily mean they will sell them at Thorpe Park.

Also, with regards to the resins, I did notice these at the Celebration Day and I actually thought they looked quite good. (Although I personally wouldn't buy them as even though they look better than they did, I still think they look cheap) :lol
Ladyofthelake

Evening All :)

Just a quick note to say that all the posts regarding merchandise have been moved to the Thorpe Park Merchandise topic.