Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
MakoMania

When I was there the I'm a Celebrity theme was playing.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
KoasterKraver

I'm so confused. It was playing country music all day when I went summertime.
Stan.H

When I went to Thorpe Park during the summer Loggers Leap got a 75 minute wait, Rumba Rapids got 45 mins, Tidal Wave got 120 mins and Storm Surge got 125 mins. I think Storm Surge gets the large waits every day for a few reasons, A.) Bad Capacity, B.) You don't get very wet, to be honest, not a bit, C.) Very 'family' orientated and D.) Near the front of the park. Depth Charge also got 60 mins while I was there!!
Stan.H

Tom_iSatnav wrote:X gets a fairly long queue during the peak season so I am guessing that they are trying to keep empty seats to a minimum so as to get the queue moving quicker. Just my thoughts.
When I went during the summer X didn't get extremely large waits, only a moderate line (50 mins at the max), most people were in line for the Big coasters and the water rides as well as Rush.
Stan.H

Does anyone have any pictures of the concert arena and stage (as well as stage setup). :D
JonDoesTT

SAW, definitely. The drops and inversions are insane, and the theming is incredible for the UK.

Credit to NemesisRider
Liam.W

Sadly I've never been to Thorpe. :yikes: (hopefully next year!) so I'm going to base it off what looks the best. The ride that I most want to go on is the swarm so I'm just gonna say that!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Liam.W

Got to love Thorpe's FaceBook team! "Maintenence thingy"

Last edited by lewis97 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Image

timmy1372

The swarm is my favourite rollercoaster in the UK at the moment, not having been to Thorpe Park in a few years I went twice this year and it was excellent, superbly themed, various ride experiences in different seats, pretty intense the entire ride, normally one of the shorter queue times. Infact Thorpes line up of roller-coasters and flat rides is the best in the UK now! The flat ride selection is far better than altons. The swarm was especially good in the dark.

That said I've not been on the Smiler yet, fingers crossed next year, that could all change!
Max

Whilst I like The Swarm, it's run one train for quite alot of this past season on had some dreadful queues. That being said, it's glorious at summer nights.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
timmy1372

Yes one train is frustrating, I hate when your lucky enough to be at a park when it's quieter but they run everything with one train, so the queues are long anyway, in April and October Fright Nights the maximum I queued for the swarm was 20 minutes, so pretty lucky!
COASTERGUY246

just a couple photos of one of swarms trains in storage from a tour i did earlier this year

Liam.W

Nice. Always wondered whats inside there

RedStar98

I was with my friend at Fright Nights and since they don't like X, I went on by myself as usual and I don't recall seeing anything about that policy. I pulled the bar next to me down fully and the staff didn't say anything about it. Those restraints have been around for a while and I've not heard anything about this before reading it here. I don't see why they would suddenly start doing this- surely it would only increase wait times trying to organise it?
sss1986

Next year I am planning a day trip to Thorpe. Flying down from Edinburgh. What Airport is best to fly into and from there how easy is it to get to Thorpe park? Cheers :-)
Dom

If you can fly into Heathrow it would probably be better as its the closest airport to the park. It will be about a 15/20 minute taxi journey from Heathrow to Thorpe Park as its just a quick zip down the M25 and then a couple of A roads and your there. I unfortunately don't know how much that would cost.
sss1986

Dom wrote:If you can fly into Heathrow it would probably be better as its the closest airport to the park. It will be about a 15/20 minute taxi journey from Heathrow to Thorpe Park as its just a quick zip down the M25 and then a couple of A roads and your there. I unfortunately don't know how much that would cost.

Cheers! Will try use my Scottish charm to haggle a wee price!
fitchy

There is a bus link from heathrow to Feltham train station, which is 2 short stops to staines. You can then chatch the thorpe park express ...
jayson2125

I believe x will be shut next season anyway...
sss1986

fitchy wrote:There is a bus link from heathrow to Feltham train station, which is 2 short stops to staines. You can then chatch the thorpe park express ...
Cheers :-) It's looking like it's gonna be a Gatwick job though :-/ Flights are a bit steep just for the day down to Heathrow as Ryanair/Flybe and Easyjet don't fly to Heathrow. It's only BA that does it and I must have lost my wallet lined with Diamonds. Looking at potentially hiring a car for the day down there and driving up.....Anyone from London confirm how easy a drive it is (I've heard alot of horror stories with London traffic on the M25 with a simple journey turning sour with traffic jams)