Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Capt.Barnacles

As I understand Colossus has significantly different design of trains to other Intamin multi-loopers. However I think this difference doesn't actually contribute to it being any rougher than the others. I understand what you mean about it feeling very rough, I've only done it twice and both times I've been left with a mild headache.

As for the repaint I've heard that the decision has indeed been taken to completely repaint the whole ride, but most of that I think should take place over the closed season :)
Adam.W

That's good, hopefully they might tidy up the queue line and stuff too, looking a bit vandalised. Also, am I the only person who thinks the twisting continuous inversions near the end are just to get the inversion world first/record?
118hazaman

Sounds about right Sum1Mad. You don't need 5 of the same inversion, a heartline roll, on the same ride. Its a cool experience but I would say a mix of inversions would have been much better.
Dom

Oh i love that bit. Its the highlight of the ride in my opinion.
Capt.Barnacles

I agree, the hangtime pulled on the first four heartline rolls is enjoyable, easily my favourite part of Colossus.
Adam.W

Yeah, I guess it's cool and everything :) but I guess it was at least partially for the record :)
stealthsmiler

hasn't the theme also changed. Could be making this up but wasn't it previously something to do with being trapped in a computer, hence the no way out
Justin

You are correct.

Most of the computer theming has been removed, however traces can still be seen.
thi3teenloverboy14

Can anyone confirm about a few of the flat rides getting SRQ?? I saw on a facebook group a few days ago that rides such as Samurai,Detonator,Rush,Quantum and Slammer have got a single riders queue! Slight surprise but i've not seen any one report about it. Have i seen a fake post? I'd rather know if its true or not before i start to tell people on other groups ect. It makes sense for them to get them though.
RedStar98

thi3teenloverboy14 wrote:Can anyone confirm about a few of the flat rides getting SRQ?? I saw on a facebook group a few days ago that rides such as Samurai,Detonator,Rush,Quantum and Slammer have got a single riders queue! Slight surprise but i've not seen any one report about it. Have i seen a fake post? I'd rather know if its true or not before i start to tell people on other groups ect. It makes sense for them to get them though.
When I went a couple of days ago, I went on most of the flat rides, but I didn't see any changes to the queue lines at all
Max

I can confirm that Vortex now has SRQ along with Samurai. Most of the rides mentioned though do not.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Samurai's SRQ doesn't have a Samurai though...

Source: Theme Park Incorporated Facebook
Dom

What's happened to Samurai? It's gone walkies
Dan

Either Thorpe are either having one last go at fixing Samurai so it runs reliably and consistently, or they have made the decision to remove it.

It is possible that they may have found something seriously wrong with it (a la Submission) and it makes more financial sense to remove it? I guess time will tell.
Jack

I'm hoping they claim it to be in for repairs, but actually just get a brand new top scan to replace Samurai :)
Ryan.B

Samurai can just go, with no new top scan unless it will be run consistently on an intense cycle, I've been on it twice, worst top scan Ive been on, looked to be run much better at Chessington. Surely the fixing and maintenence isn't making much financial sense. You know a rides unreliable when it's down more than slammer ;) (send it back to chessington, it would be appreciated there ;) )
stealthsmiler

I wasn't a fan of Samurai when I went on it and thought Top Scan's were overrated, however after going on the one at Lightwater Valley, I really enjoyed it. I have to admit, I would be happy if it was replaced.
DavidRock

Went to Thorpe on Wednesday earlier this week and saw this system Reservenride which was set up in the dome.

Sorry if this has been mentioned on forum...... basically you get to choose a ride and virtually queue and when the time is up get your generated QR code scanned and then select another ride and repeat.

We got in the queue for Saw and then rrebooked Saw again so on the ride and then a 15 min wait on the reserve system....... my personal opinion is that the system worked well and informed of ride breakdowns and even I formed of reduced queue times. You join the fast pass queue as normal and queue for there. I asked if merlin were rolling g this out across all parks but the person I spoke too worked for the software company and not thorpepark/merlin.

http://Www.reservenride.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is the link when your in park. Anybody else used the system and what do you guys think?
Altontowersbarlow

It is really refreshing to see a park re-painting a ride purely because they have recognised that it looks old and is not aesthetically pleasing. Usually we only see re-paints when a whole area is re-themed or a new ride is introduced to an area, such as Oblivion's repaint triggered by the arrival of The Smiler. It proves that despite it's flaws, Thorpe Park do somewhat care about customer experience.
Altontowersbarlow

I used to really underrate Thorpe Park, however I feel that from 2012 onwards huge improvements were made and are continuing to be made to every aspect of the park.

The Swarm was a great investment in my opinion as it filled a gap in the UK ride line-up and introduced large scale theming elements back into the park.

The overhaul of Fright Nights and the introduction of Lionsgate scare-attractions allowed Thorpe Park to become one of the UK's premiere Halloween destinations.

Angry Birds Land also killed two birds with one stone. It gave Thorpe Park a decently themed family entertainment area which widened the parks target audience. Along with this, it brought back classic family entertainment to the UK theme park scene as opossed to relying on new technology.

The introduction of a hotel (although not permanent or anything special) allowed Thorpe Park to become a resort which is an important step in the parks future, and opens up plans for bigger and better accommodation options in the future.

Thorpe Park also showed consideration for ageing rides, and attractions that were loosing their appeal by refurbishing X: no way out and introducing Brave it backwards to the swarm, which gave the ride a Worlds First. The scheduled re-paint of Colossus also validates that Thorpe Park are aiming to improve the overall appearance of the theme park.

The plans for the 2016 dark ride attraction are also set to be groundbreaking and could become the most immersive dark ride attraction in the UK.

All of this shows great improvement for the park. Although I will always prefer Alton Towers, in light of recent events it is important that Thorpe Park attracts a large customer base and continues to grow which it seems to be doing. This is good news for Merlin and the park itself and I look forward to future developments.