Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
TheBeast

I too fou d the Swarm backwards was excellent, I dont know the track well enough to predict where the ride will go next like I could with some at Alton, so I found it quite unprecitable. I also found because it was not spacially limited like X:/ No Way Out there was no real need for sudden twists and turns, so it still remained quite graceful

I do like the theming around the ride, however I do think that Saw beatsthe pants off of any themed rollercoaster in Britain, so on that front it doesnt win ;)

I originally was disappointed by the Swarm when it first came out, although nowadays I do quite like it
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
timmy1372

I honestly thought they were closing it, looked like it back in April, that's great news, I love the dramatic music off the X factor lol

I just posted about Thorpe being on the up and I honestly thought Slammer was being removed, now i'm even more impressed with Thorpe at the moment!
DeadJack5

Did anybody ever try the Reserve N Ride? Thinking of trying it when I go.

I really don't get the system or what you have to do.
sw7nutter

If Reserve and Ride is active when you are there for the love of god use it. The idea is on an app you have a list of the 5 (4 without saw) coasters. Each ride has a virtual wait time which you can select what one to go on. The app counts down the time and when that time is up you go to the ride. When you get there someone will scan your phone and then you can enter the RnR queue which should be walk straight on. Then you select a different ride to virtually wait for and the same happens again.

Sounds great in theory. Unfortunately what has happened all of the previous times is everyone on the park can now queue for a coaster and another ride at the same time. So the virtual waits become 2-5 hours long with all the other rides getting longer queues than normal.

But the problems don't end there, it is still possible to queue for the other roller coasters normally. However these normal queues are horrific because they hardly move and only a few hundred people in them can create a queue longer than 2 hours.

But wait there is even more wrong with this system. The app works out the time you wait virtually by the throughput of the ride being worked out before hand but the throughput of a ride changes depending on staff ect. so you can end up waiting 5 hours virtually to get to the ride to find you now have to wait 1 and a half hours physically.

Then of course there is the problem of if you miss the 15 minute time period you have to get to the ride when the countdown is over. This is when the person will tell you to go to guest services because you have missed your time slot which of course guest services is full of people with the exact same problem. So now guest services has queues in excess of an hour long.

You may think im exaggerating all these points but I'm not. The last time they tried RnR exactly everything I said happened. So I wish you the best of luck with your day at Thorpe with RnR, if you are lucky people will not know how to use the system so your day will be quite good because no one will be using it. The problems being when everyone at the park does know how to use it.
COASTERGENICS

HI,

This has just been posted on the Thorpe Park Resort website stating the dates and times...

"Soak up the summer vibes and enjoy exclusive after-hours coaster action at THORPE PARK Resort’s Summer Nights.

On Friday and Saturday nights over the summer, enjoy minimal queues on our top rollercoasters, and chill out with a relaxed party vibe across the Resort.

Plus:

• Selected other rides available
• Live music from breakthrough artists daily
• Party vibes and games on the beach

Dates: 11 July - 29 August

Friday and Saturday nights, 4pm - 10pm

Tickets on sale now!"

hope this helped!
Coastergenics
full credit for signature to NemesisRider!
DeadJack5

Oh right. This sounds awful! Was looking today whilst on my break and the rnr queues were at 0 minutes or maybe 10. It maybe because I wasn't on site but If this is true then I will be using rnr to work. Thanks for clearing it up :)
sw7nutter

Deadjack5 wrote:Oh right. This sounds awful! Was looking today whilst on my break and the rnr queues were at 0 minutes or maybe 10. It maybe because I wasn't on site but If this is true then I will be using rnr to work. Thanks for clearing it up :)
If you get a day when there are not many people then you will have a really good day. Like today, the waits being 10 minutes would really benefit your day. Not many people mean not many people know its in use and so you can use the really short queues while everyone else is stuck in the slow moving ones. Its when more people are on site and more people know how to use when the problems start occurring.
If its available use it regardless, the RnR waits will always be shorter than the main queue.
inFusion

Quantum.
DeadJack5

Oh fair enough then :) does this work as a grup then? So if I reserve the ride, will my group be able to join me. ( there's 4 of us you see)
sw7nutter

When you set up your account it will ask how many people are in your group. You can then put down 4 people. The maximum is 6.
DeadJack5

Ah Great! thank you for your help
stealthsmiler

I dont understand why RNR doesnt work. Cant they just be strict about getting there at you allotted time. If your late, you miss your turn and have to effectively queue again. The only down side to RNR I can see is that smaler rides would have bigger queues as there would be less people stuck in a two hour queue line.
sw7nutter

stealthsmiler wrote:I dont understand why RNR doesnt work. Cant they just be strict about getting there at you allotted time. If your late, you miss your turn and have to effectively queue again. The only down side to RNR I can see is that smaler rides would have bigger queues as there would be less people stuck in a two hour queue line.
The problem is it distributes what was once 5000 people in 5 hours worth of queue for coasters into 5000 people into 10 hours worth of queue for flat rides plus whatever queue was already there.
Stan.H

I don't like the sound of that....
I LOVE :love: the sound of that!!

Any age limits...
DeadJack5

Does reserve n ride include the Swarm backwards?
Dom

I think, from the main bag area onwards is in affected by the RnR system. So backwards should still be available like normal. I could be wrong though.
sw7nutter

The RnR queue for the swarm currently uses the old backwards queue line and merges with the main queue at the baggage room. The backwards queue hasn't been used all year and to go backwards you just choose that bay when you get to the station.
Hazard

How does this affect the fast track queue then?

Feels like there are loads of extra queues and something has to give?
DeadJack5

Just finished today. Going to write a trip review later tonight reviewing the day and the RnR system in general. Overall was a fantastic day
MerlinFan

That would probably be because it's a quiet 'school' day so it's not overly busy there. Wish I could go on a school day but being a teacher it's not really possible.