Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Chris
Admin
Admin

I can't say I have noticed any issues this year with Stealth other than some dilapidated theming. The dispatch times were great on Saturday.

In regards to your comment about rides for younger people - what else could they have opened? This may be an issue in general, not just for half term.

For a kids show, I quite enjoyed Brainiac Live!
Luce

I've had two visits to Thorpe over the Feb half term and both were really good and certainly had enough to fill the day, however, it would have been nice if a flat ride or another coaster like X had been open.

Despite this, it was great to get back on The Swarm and Stealth in particular and the Brainiac additions that I took part in were fun and helped to break up the day. Yesterday I also sampled the new pizza pasta place which is a refurb of the old Pizza Hut and whilst I think it's a good replacement, I think there is room for improvement. Admittedly, it was the first day and mostly I was impressed but hopefully once the main season begins, the place will be better :)
Dom

I was happy with the line up for Thorpe. It had a selection of rides that gave everyone an opportunity to ride things. Inferno's pizza and pasta needs to step up a bit to really get to great form after trying it yesterday. Only criticism i have is Swarm came across as messy and slow. I know they were only running one train, but the staff just didn't seem too bothered. They spent a lot of time just talking to each other which slowed down proceedings. Other than that it was a great event and i had a lot of fun.
Danny

Don't forget, a few years ago they had two mazes in Neptunes beach, although they were ugly white marquees, it's still space that can be used, and that won't really affect the amount of people coming or put people off, it's what's inside that counts ;)
paige

Last year, I believe either the Thorpe or RnR website said that My Bloody Valentine was located on The Swarm island. I don't do the mazes so I'm unsure of the space required but it may be a thought.
Dom

paige wrote:Last year, I believe either the Thorpe or RnR website said that My Bloody Valentine was located on The Swarm island. I don't do the mazes so I'm unsure of the space required but it may be a thought.
Yes it did at one point say that, but i believe that was just a mistake on the website, but don't quote me on that. With regards to Fright Nights, i am fairly certain Thorpe Park will already have plans in place with regards to this. As long as they don't do the white marquees on Neptune's Beach i will be happy.

I reckon I'm A Celebrity will be better than people think. People are already judging it because of the IP. No one knows what the actual experience will be like until they do it. I for one am very excited to try this and i feel that it is actually a good addition to the park. I have read (On other forums admittingly) that people don't understand why they chose it considering TP's new market place is families. I don't think they fully understand the direction in which TP is heading. It is heading for the older end of the family market, aiming mainly for families with teenagers, 12+ and most families with teenagers do watch I'm a celebrity as it is one of those shows that is both entertaining and disgusting at the same time. I'm not saying everyone watches it. But for an IP that is suitable for Thorpe Park, and for this type of attraction, i feel that they have hit the nail on the head.

I also feel that ITV won't let this attraction go downhill, especially in the first year of operation. It will probably have teething problems, i won't deny that, but i think once they get into the swing of things it will run smoothly and efficiently.
It is going to be a Marmite attraction, especially with enthusiasts.
paige

Dom wrote: Yes it did at one point say that, but i believe that was just a mistake on the website, but don't quote me on that. With regards to Fright Nights, i am fairly certain Thorpe Park will already have plans in place with regards to this. As long as they don't do the white marquees on Neptune's Beach i will be happy.

I do believe it was nothing more than a glitch of sorts, but it sparked a number of ideas for people! The prospect of a lower number of mazes doesn't particularly affect me although it'll be interesting to see how Thorpe will handle the crowds if they aren't relocated.
Dom

We have an advert of some description.

https://www.facebook.com/thorpepark" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Danny

So Thorpe are holding the annual pass preview event on the weekend of the 7th/8th March. I know you book free tickets, but wanted to know if it's worth going? Will it be quiet and will it offer the chance to get lots of rides done throughout the day? What have your experiences been like? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Adz
Admin
Admin

It can really vary.

In the past it's been fairly busy and most rides run on reduced capacity which doesn't help much.

It's a nice way to end the closed season but it wont be much of an opportunity to get lots of rides in.
MerlinFan

Our experience from a couple of years ago was really good - the park was pretty quiet. It was freezing cold though! Not many can say they've ridden rollercoasters when it's snowing! We had to go into a gift shop to buy gloves - got the last 2 pairs (they sold out).
MerlinFan

Haha - some guy on FB asked how they would maintain animal welfare and TP replied that all animals are artificial, simulated or animatronic! Phew.
Morgan

It seems interesting, but all I see (along with I'm a Celeb.) that Merlin are ruining TP:
https://www.thorpepark.com/events-exper ... t-coaster/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is a nice idea though, but seems more Chessington than Thorpe.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

This idea fits exactly into the direction Thorpe Park are moving in; marketing themselves as a 'first thrill' destination, where younger guests can experience their first major coaster.
Dom

I also read somewhere, can't remember where, that they are also planning other ones not just aimed at youngsters. They are also planning an O.A.P one too.
Danny

Thorpe done this last year to and it was a great success, I'm not surprised they are holding it again :)
definedancing

I think its really good. Like I wish something liked this was about when I was a kid, its so exciting when you are a kid and you're just tall enough or old enough to do something.
Ladyofthelake

Thorpe Park have introduced a new pricing structure for their tickets with days now being classified as peak or off-peak. Peak days appear to be all weekends (with the exception of the final weekend of the season), bank holidays and school holidays. If you want to buy a ticket on the gate for a peak day it will now cost you £59.99 - an increase of £10 on last year. Off peak prices remain at £49.99 on the day. If you book in advance on-line then these prices are halved (£29.99 peak, £24.99 off peak). The child ticket also no longer exists, meaning once a guest is over 1m they have to pay adult price.

Full details can be found in SouthParks' news article

I'm not sure about this move from Thorpe Park. Whilst I do appreciate that the majority of people either book on-line or use a BOGOF voucher on the day, a £10 hike for what the park class as peak days is a fairly substantial rise in price. Having a quick look through their booking system it does look like Fright Nights will have its own pricing structure so it will be interesting to see if there are any increases on those prices too.
Danny

I think that's disgusting and am so glad I brought a MAP now!
If they are pushing for teh family market, how can they get ride of a child ticket?! Absolutely disgraceful, shameful. This could be a huge mistake
Dom

Thorpe Park have released some behind the scenes photos on their Facebook page.