Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
RollercoasterGEEK100

The reason i have my so called obsession with Inferno is because its smooth, remember able, forceful tbh and the dizziness at the end is just a good sensation. I'd say the force of Inferno is constant where as Nemesis is just on the helix if im honest... Also imo it is unique in the fact that you can't find a B&M with a similar layout.
DrReeve

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:The reason i have my so called obsession with Inferno is because its smooth, remember able, forceful tbh and the dizziness at the end is just a good sensation. I'd say the force of Inferno is constant where as Nemesis is just on the helix if im honest... Also imo it is unique in the fact that you can't find a B&M with a similar layout.
I hate to say this but nemesis is constantly forceful. But inferno is really a good ride so unappreciated.
Image credit to Lewis97
KevBales

Thanks guys, will have to see when I go in a months time! Probably pick up the Swarm one. If anyone does spot any new ones let me know. Cheers! :D
Funster

I am a new map holder and just tried to book The Shark Hotel during easter hols and clicked the map link at the top...but coming up with same price as non map holders. Does anyone know if this is because its during the holidays or do map holders get preferential rates during hols too ?
sw7nutter

That map can not be called a map. rush is barley visible and quantum isnt visible at all. The empahsis on the coasters looks a bit ott.
Ladyofthelake

Thorpe Park has announced ‘The Big Easter’ event on their website. The event will include Brainiac Live! - a series of live shows based on the TV series. Plus, they are also offering visitors the chance to win some prizes, including one of 20, 000 chocolate eggs and an annual pass, with an Angry Birds Easter Egg Hunt.

Full details can be found here: https://www.thorpepark.com/bigeaster/
bensaund

I just really wish they would get the mist sorted on the ride. I have ridden it hundreds of time and only a hand full of those has the mist every worked.
awsomelycoolboy

Adz wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote:
This is true, but it is also worth remembering that Thorpe cannot go much higher than Stealth due to its close proximity to Heathrow Airport.

The ceiling height for the park is roughly in the realm of 500ft. This is not to say they would build that high or even get planning permission to do so, but that is the max they can go.

Then Stealth has become a bit of a let down, as it would have been brill to have it a similar size to Kingda Ka. Or even slightly taller to try and beat worlds tallest. I suppose they could always extend Stealth but thats unlikely.

They could always use the term that alton towers use.
To build higher, we must dig deeper (it's the quote they used on blue peter when they feature the smiler on blue peter I do beleive)
basicaly meaning if the dig a huge hole in the ground they can build higher (up to 500ft) and this ride will be higher.. If you get what I mean
KoasterKraver

Can you still ride The Swarm Backwards?
Dom

KoasterKraver wrote:Can you still ride The Swarm Backwards?
Yes. You can still ride it backwards
Ladyofthelake

Thorpe Park Resort has today submitted a planning application for the entrance structure to The Shark Hotel. The pictures below are taken from the planning application. What do we think?

Jack

Nice to see referencing to past names for rides ;)
awsomelycoolboy

Anyone ever think that there may be a Nemesis Aqua? At Chessington or something? Or even Drayton Manor (wait, is Drayton even a part of Merlin?)

Also thh I prefer Nemesis Inferno's Music than Nemesis' but I still think Nemesis is a better ride
Last edited by awsomelycoolboy on Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack

awsomelycoolboy wrote:Anyone ever think that there may be a Nemesis Aqua? At Chessington or something? Or even Drayton Manor (wait, is Drayton even a part of Merlin?)
No, drayton is independant, and I don't believe there will be a nemesis aqua, as cool as I can picture it in my head :)
awsomelycoolboy

But Chessington is part of Merlin?
Jack

http://merlinannualpass.co.uk/attraction-map.aspx

These are what merlin own, and yes, chessington is one of them ;)
awsomelycoolboy

Ah, thanks
Burniel

When walking around the park, I regret to say I noticed that the Thrill-A-Whale located near Storm Surge has been removed.

I never did have a go on it, it pleased me to see many people making fools of themselves on it. Rest in peace, Thrill-A-Whale.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Burniel

Thee is no Nemesis Aqua at any Merlin Park, which is a shame as it sounds pretty cool :P
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
awsomelycoolboy

I know right, it could be another ride to add to the Nemesis family. And maybe Nemesis Earth (or something like that, what's the elemental name for earth? Because water is Aqua, fire is inferno... Ect)