Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
stealthsmiler

Sonic is a family coaster, so adding Sonic to the ride, wasn't a big deal. What if Sonic had been added to Oblivion? And yes AB is played by adults but thats where it should end. It isnt exactly an adultish theme for a ride, its a family theme. I think its a good theme but as its a family theme, it should be family rides.
jon18uk

Oblivion and Detonator are very different rides. But yes in the same wat the Fanta sponsorship did, adding Somic would ruin it!
But Detonator is only a 1.3m height restriction so it's still able to be ridden by more of the family than the big coasters.

But still the original Angry Birds games were never designed for Children (in the same way that MarioKart or Super Smash Bros aren't) they just happen to be enjoyed by everyone. Same as a theme park.

And The Crab of Nemesis I agree this years Thorpe marketing is much improved, all are welcome who like thrills.
Chris
Admin
Admin

It was testing yesterday.
Luce

I actually quite like the new map and think it looks quite fresh. To be honest, a park map isn't supposed to be an accurate image and personally I reckon it's a guide as to where each ride/attraction is :)
ThrillJunkie

Slammer was still closed on Sunday but it was testing during the afternoon before getting stuck. When I asked about it they couldn't tell me when / if it will reopen.

As said before all signage for this ride has now been removed which can't be a good thing.
ThrillJunkieUK
Jack

Worst map…ever (imagine comic book guy saying it and it becomes funny :lol)

Don't know what was being though when people were designing this, but whatever that though was, it wasn't for the people visiting Thorpe for the first time. But, tbf, it can work well as a poster :D
Danny

It has been added to the 2014 park map so they obviously intend to have it open for this year.
KevBales

Hi guys,

I'm a regular at Alton Towers only living 15 mins away, however I've only been to Thorpe Park once and I'm heading out again in April for the first time in 6 years. As I've got older, I've began to really build up my collection of theme park merchandise and memorabilia. I've mainly been collecting pin badges from theme parks, most of my collection is from Alton dating back to the early 90's. However I don't own any from Thorpe and I was just wondering if the park do pin badges for their rides? If so which ones? I've looked on eBay for any oldish ones but couldn't find any. Will I be able to find these in a specific ride shop or just the general main store? Really excited to be heading back after so long! Looking forward to Saw and Swarm!

Thanks, Kev :D
Burniel

Thorpe Park don't usually do pin badges.

On-ride photos and videos are a big thing at Thorpe, but for shop merchandise shirts and mugs with the ride on is the sort of direction we're looking at.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
SamTP

They do a swarm limited edition badge in the swarm shop and mega store. thats the only one iv seen though :(
laurakinley02

Me and my other half also collect pin badges and we were very disappointed with the lack of pin badges in thorpe. the only one they do is swarm. i believe they have made one for angry birds land but it isn't on sale yet. probably will be on sale in may when angry birds land opens. :)
Starlight expresser

Is detonator still closed until angry birds opens?

Cheers

Andy
bensaund

No open
lewis97
Admin
Admin

TomL

very family orientated! Not much about Angry Birds though :/
BenBowser

It's just the same advert as Summer 2013, just with slightly altered commentary.
DrReeve

schmatt wrote:Really don't understand the hate for inferno. Its got high g force a great drop and is nice and smooth (the latter 2 i can't say for the original nemesis, especially the smoothness of the ride) sure its not the most unique layout but its certinetly alot better than the batman clones, and i'd go as far to say its better than the original nemi, however thats most likely i find nemises producing some serious headbanging and come off with a headache every time, where as on inferno, i come off fealing nice and dizzy. On another note you cant say its not extremly photogenic!
Also anyone that doesn't adore the pre-lift section is just wrong.
I think the real reason it gets so much hate is the use of the name nemesis as it will constantly be compared with the other more iconic ride. On its own it's the worst out of the big five at Thorpe. But it still provides a great ride and is fun and I would hate to see it go.
Image credit to Lewis97
Thorpe Towers 13

I hope they dont remove it! Yes I admit I prefer Nemesis, but you cannot compare them, both are pretty much totally different rides (apart from name and type). I like the story that goes with it as well, though not very well known :)
NickiFan

I love Nemesis Inferno! It will look awful now though because Merlin messed up, sigh, I do hope they attempt to make it still look good because to be fair, it is a good looking coaster. Just not sure how it will look against all the colours of Angry birds when its supposed to be a dark theme...humm:/
DeanGaryCox

I love the pre lift hill section through the volcano, just a shame the lights and more to the point the mist isn't always working. I love the blasting theme tune (probably my favourite one at thorpe, mainly because its so loud). It's one of those thrill rides that doesn't stand out to do anything special, but something that's relatively forceful, and so enjoyable without being rough that I could ride it again and again and not be bored of it (or come off with a headache which happens on the others)! :)