Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Burniel

The minisite only states detonator, dodgems and 4D cinema
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
jon18uk

Stealth actually seems to have broken up the areas more, as back when they were still showing the areas on the park map Calypso Quay covered everything from Detonator, Nemesis Inferno, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Pirates 4D, Xtreme games and model world and the sunken garden. By adding Stealth into Amity Cove you then have to pass through Calypso Quay to go to the Stealth bit of Amity Cove.

Angry Birds will leave Nemesis, Storm in a Teacup and Rumba rapids in Calypso Quay. Stealth actually seems to be the ride stretching the Amity theme which previously only had Tidal Wave, KFC and the arcade.

Theme UK have a park map from 2004 which still shows the areas http://themeuk.net/Thorpe_Park_Site/?page_id=687
Last edited by jon18uk on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
rebecca.wingate.79

I have not been disappointed by Thorpe park these past few years but angry birds ? REALLY?!! :no: the only difference I think they will do to detonator is add a bird to the top of it that or only change the name and repaint it  :blah:. and there was a reason they stopped the 4D attraction .... because it wasn't popular! :box: I thought personally they were going to put vengeance from the old London Dungeons into that area considering they have placed the attraction stuff in the park. ](*,) yes the attraction is popular but I would predict after a few months things will go back to the way they were nothing will change.  :bored:
BenBowser

Has anyone noticed that on Thorpe's website they are no longer calling the shipping container the waterfront hotel, instead just on-site hotel?
Last edited by BenBowser on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obliviongirl

I voted Depth Charge, because to be honest, I don't see why it's even still there. It's essentially just a slide with water in it that you go down in an inflatable, which doesn't do anything for the park. It doesn't look at all attractive, and it's one of the first rides you can see after entering through the park's main entrance. I know it's a ride targeted for young children mainly, but I don't think, and correct me if I'm wrong, that it's even that popular among its target audience now. It could certainly be replaced with something more appropriate and up to date. I also wouldn't mind seeing Storm Surge leaving, as again, it doesn't look particularly nice, and doesn't really do that much either, if that makes sense. Still, I can't see it being removed any time soon, considering that it's still pretty new, and does attract big queues.
Burniel

obliviongirl wrote: I voted Depth Charge, because to be honest, I don't see why it's even still there. It's essentially just a slide with water in it that you go down in an inflatable, which doesn't do anything for the park. It doesn't look at all attractive, and it's one of the first rides you can see after entering through the park's main entrance. I know it's a ride targeted for young children mainly, but I don't think, and correct me if I'm wrong, that it's even that popular among its target audience now. It could certainly be replaced with something more appropriate and up to date. I also wouldn't mind seeing Storm Surge leaving, as again, it doesn't look particularly nice, and doesn't really do that much either, if that makes sense. Still, I can't see it being removed any time soon, considering that it's still pretty new, and does attract big queues.
Despite agreeing with some of these comments, I think the day Thorpe lose depth charge will be a bad day for wusses
obliviongirl

True, although a good day for lazy people like me who can't be bothered to climb up all those steps to get to the ride.  :lol:
Burniel

obliviongirl wrote: True, although a good day for lazy people like me who can't be bothered to climb up all those steps to get to the ride.  :lol:
Are you saying you haven't been on a day where the queue isn't halfway down? ;)
ThrillSeeker5000

I love Thorpe park and everything, but like Alton Towers they are focusing on 'Family Thrill'. What about us? New rollercoaster please! 
rebecca.wingate.79 wrote: I have not been disappointed by Thorpe park these past few years but angry birds ? REALLY?!! :no: the only difference I think they will do to detonator is add a bird to the top of it that or only change the name and repaint it  :blah:.
This made me laugh so much :'D so true!
Last edited by ThrillSeeker5000 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Themeparksandy1981

Zodiac I selected as it don't suit the area of the park. Like it still is Drayton Manor's hand me down without the logo's. I also didn't like the fact that they didn't add any of the theming that was on the old 1.

Does anyone know if Zodiac theming off the old 1 is still down the 1 side of the main dome as I not been since 2011.
BenBowser

IMO I think thorpe have created themselves a hole that they cannot escape. They are too far into the "Thrill Seekers Only" policy that they can't turn back and start attracting families. All that will happen is teenagers wont come as they will think it is now for kids with angry birds, and families won't come because they have been put off by other adverts (SAW) and maybe even on past experiences.
jon18uk

nemesisben110 wrote: All that will happen is teenagers wont come as they will think it is now for kids with angry birds,
Angry Birds is not a kids game though! The iPhone game is played by everyone, that is why it was one of the biggest selling apps ever. I don't think anyone will be put off thinking it is a "kiddy" area, as it has an extreme ride (Detonator), a family ride that everyone loves (Dodgems) and a 4D show.
Rollermad

However much everyone wants storm surge to go it has 5+ years to go so realistically I think depth charge will go as its one of the oldest rides in the park and has a rubbish throughput.
Dom

I think Depth Charge should go and be replaced with this

http://www.abc-engineering.ch/cms/front ... p?idart=31

i think it could be themed to fit in and could actually be quite good for the 'wusses' and even thrill seekers as it is slightly different
Burniel

Is there really the room?
Dom

Angry Birds land will be different, but in a good way. It will make teenagers and adults embrace there inner child and i think it will just add an area that will make people smile or even laugh. I mean, who goes on a Dodgems and not smile
iBacon

Pizzazz wrote: Angry Birds land will be different, but in a good way. It will make teenagers and adults embrace there inner child and i think it will just add an area that will make people smile or even laugh. I mean, who goes on a Dodgems and not smile
Me; I broke my arm on one ;)
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
Senator

When did Thorpe Park change their name to Thorpe Park Resort???

Thanks NickiFan
obliviongirl

I think this can only have been within the last few hours, as I was on the website earlier today (about half past one), and I would have noticed if the name had changed while I was on there, unless I'm just very unobservant, of course.  :lol: It certainly has to do with the new on-site hotel launching in April, but still, after all these years of just being 'Thorpe Park', it sounds strange to now add the 'resort' part onto the end!
Burniel

obliviongirl wrote: I think this can only have been within the last few hours, as I was on the website earlier today (about half past one), and I would have noticed if the name had changed while I was on there, unless I'm just very unobservant, of course.  :lol: It certainly has to do with the new on-site hotel launching in April, but still, after all these years of just being 'Thorpe Park', it sounds strange to now add the 'resort' part onto the end!
I checked it over the weekend and it said "Thorpe park resort"