Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Chris
Admin
Admin

A general discussion topic for Thorpe Park.
Burniel

Thorpe Park was a great park that has recently gone seriously downhill, with the re-theme of X, new angry birds land, and family attractions going, but no new ones coming in. The park really ought to sort itself out, or they will lose business rapidly.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Luce

Personally, I don't think Thorpe's visitor numbers will be affected, especially as Angry Birds is still a popular game.  I also liked the retheme of X and think it improved it :)
Burniel

I'm not sure it will affect visitor numbers, but it may affect visitor enjoyment
Danny

Ilovecoasters wrote: I'm not sure it will affect visitor numbers, but it may affect visitor enjoyment
Can I ask how it would affect visitor enjoyment?
Burniel

A rubbish theme
Danny

Ilovecoasters wrote: A rubbish theme
I can't see how you got to that conclusion but okay :)
Burniel

Thorpe Park guests prefer danger, death and fear, they don't want some mobile app
Danny

^ I don't think they prefer danger themes but more they like the way thorpe do them. On their Facebook or Twitter they even say family fun and thrills so clearly want to target younger children as we'll and I like that they are trying different things.
Burniel

A giant drop tower that is angry birds themed is still a giant drop tower

I have to credit them on the dodgems though
RollercoasterGEEK100

Tbh, Thorpe Park isn't going downhill, its going up. I mean who said they aren't getting some things in first before they eventually get the park sorted.
Last edited by RollercoasterGEEK100 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to NemesisRider
lf2001

I think the new Angry Birds Land will be a good addition. There will be more for families to do, and it'll attract more visitors.
obliviongirl

I think Thorpe Park will do fine, to be honest. Lots of people do enjoy Angry Birds, and those who don't (myself included) would still be interested in visiting for all the other aspects of the park. I don't particularly prefer 'danger' themes, but I'm still a fan of Thorpe Park because they do, admittedly, have some very good quality rides. Also, with a new coaster in the planning for 2015/16, the publicity from that will attract lots more guests for that season.
JaykeAT

Ilovecoasters wrote: Thorpe Park guests prefer danger, death and fear, they don't want some mobile app
I think you're missing the point of the change,Thorpe want to change their market to families,a good strong IP,is a good idea
Last edited by JaykeAT on Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burniel

It is quite clear that they are attempting this ...

The same year as CBeebies land, and a chessington runaway train re-theme, Merlin are attempting this. Whether it will work at Thorpe is something to be judged at a later date
DeanGaryCox

Having been going every year since 2009, I found last year (regardless of how I visited the most times I've ever done that year) to be the best year to be perfectly honest. The operations of the park and the variety of events they offered was the best they've been in my opinion - I look forward to 2014 with hopefully the return of Slammer and a reliable Samurai, as well as 2 new attractions which helps disperse the queues. So can't complain, just would be nice to see more for thrill seekers as well :)
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014
thorpe fan

I felt like picking Samurai, but when looking at the amount of area it has I can't think of much that can take it's place. However I chose Zodiac as it is a very outdated ride and also as it is by the lake so you may have enough space to place a coaster their which goes over the water.
Last edited by thorpe fan on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thorpe fan

The fact that they are placing the Angry Birds land into the park where Calypso Quay is/was, means I hope Thorpe park will refurbish theRrumba Rapids to fit in with the Angry Birds theme, making it much more enjoyable to ride and hopefully get even more wet. :D
Last edited by thorpe fan on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

thorpe fan wrote: The fact that they are placing the Angry Birds land into the park where Calypso Quay is/was, means I hope Thorpe park will refurbish theRrumba Rapids to fit in with the Angry Birds theme, making it much more enjoyable to ride and hopefully get even more wet. :D
I don't know for definite but from what thorpe park have said, rumba rapids is not going to be themed as angry birds.
DeanGaryCox

Calypso Quay consists of Nemesis Inferno, Rumba Rapids & Detonator - correct me if I'm wrong. So the Angry Birds land will be the area where the 4d cinema is, Detonator, and cut into Amity Cove if the dodgems are going next to Tidal Wave. So Rumba Rapids should have nothing to do with it, neither has Thorpe said anything.
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014