Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Danny

If there was going to be a flat for next year wouldn't there be notable work already started?
DeanGaryCox

not necessarily, as it requires no way near as much work as a coaster... and what's saying that it has to open at the beginning of the season - merlin theme parks (besides the smiler) seem to be the only ones that actually aim to have the new attractions ready for opening day - we could possibly see it come a bit later like the X retheme :)
Image 2014
Altitude

Pretty sure a planning application would have been sent away already though. And there has been no sign of one on the Runnymeade site!
bensaund

X/: no way out wrote: I also would like to see flying fish removed for a flat ride maybe
Simple question Why?

Have you seen the MTDP and the large number of sites they have allocated for possible flat rides. They have plenty of space to fit in flats, so there really is no need at all to remove the Fish.

Reasons to keep the Fish:
It has a very high through put, low height, great for families, takes up little space and is more comfortable than a mine train.

If they removed this ride, it would be a very poor move. They removed it in 2005 to make way for Stealth and brought it back. It was originality an indoor ride Space station Zero.

What flat would you put in its place which was cheap to run, had high throughput and was universally appealing to most guests?
If you go down to the woods today
sw7nutter

I know they haven't confirmed it but i imagine slammer wont be sticking around for long its reliability must be less than 50% for the last 3 years. However i think we will be seeing a new flat for 2014 or the 4d cinema getting some revamp. 
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
Burniel

4d cinema revamp would be nice. It has the potential to become a great family attraction
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
RollercoasterGEEK100

Maybe they're making a whole new Alpine village area on the island next to The Swarm with there coaster interacting alot with the paths?

Credit to NemesisRider
sw7nutter

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: Maybe they're making a whole new Alpine village area on the island next to The Swarm with there coaster interacting alot with the paths?
To market an alpine village to thrill seekers (teenagers) could be very hard they would need a more defined theme.
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
RollercoasterGEEK100

sw7nutter wrote:
RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: Maybe they're making a whole new Alpine village area on the island next to The Swarm with there coaster interacting alot with the paths?
To market an alpine village to thrill seekers (teenagers) could be very hard they would need a more defined theme.
Not just Thrill seekers are teenagers but if you think about it calypso quay isn't very dramatic yet people love that area

Credit to NemesisRider
SwEDEN

Can think of one area that really needs some attention *cough* Lost City *cough*
RollercoasterGEEK100

SwEDEN wrote: Can think of one area that really needs some attention *cough* Lost City *cough*
Everything about Lost City needs revamping, Colossus repaint for one!

Credit to NemesisRider
X/: no way out

Altitude wrote: True, but let's be honest? ;)
Either way, in this case, Alton's coaster is better. But my point still stands!
have you ever rode inferno?

Credit to Lewis 97 for the awesome signature!

Don't get corrected get Xecuted
Jack

X/: no way out wrote:
Altitude wrote: True, but let's be honest? ;)
Either way, in this case, Alton's coaster is better. But my point still stands!
have you ever rode inferno?
I have, and it can't even touch Nemmy
X/: no way out

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:
SwEDEN wrote: Can think of one area that really needs some attention *cough* Lost City *cough*
Everything about Lost City needs revamping, Colossus repaint for one!
Like zodiac it's just another Enterprise

Credit to Lewis 97 for the awesome signature!

Don't get corrected get Xecuted
Dom

There's no contest here. Nemesis will always win against Nemesis Inferno. Personally, i think they should scrap the Nemesis bit on Nemesis Inferno and just call it Inferno... Or even Mild Volcanic Burp. The only decent things about Nemesis Inferno in my opinion are the interlocking corkscrews, just because they're great to look at.
Last edited by Dom on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RollercoasterGEEK100

Pizzazz wrote: there's no contest here. nemesis will always win against nemesis inferno. personally, i think they should scrap the nemesis bit on nemesis inferno and just call it inferno. or even mild volcanic burp. the only decent thing about nemesis inferno in my opinion is the interlocking corkscrews, just because its great to look at
:x

Credit to NemesisRider
RollercoasterGEEK100

Does anyone have a gut feeling though it will be another B&M coaster?

Credit to NemesisRider
Danny

Are you in the right topic? There's no way a b&m is making its way to thorpe next year? In 5 months they'd have to do groundwork build and test?!
TheBoyWithOneEye

Pizzazz wrote: There's no contest here. Nemesis will always win against Nemesis Inferno. Personally, i think they should scrap the Nemesis bit on Nemesis Inferno and just call it Inferno... Or even Mild Volcanic Burp. The only decent things about Nemesis Inferno in my opinion are the interlocking corkscrews, just because they're great to look at.
Your a big smelly poo  :anger:
Capt.Barnacles

Honestly? I say NI is a rip off of Nemesis. Just like Sub-Terra. Okay, I still managed to ENJOY Subterra but I feel it kills the legend even more than NI.