Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Burniel

The classic ...
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Jack

Do I really have to be asked this question...

BRING ON NEMMY'S 20TH
Burniel

I too am intrigued in the 2014 season, but I feel with ground work now underway for their next coaster, I don't think anything spectacular will be added.

As for slammer, it's been on and off for a while, it was closed for most of the 2012 season, so I'm not really sure why they're going to do with it. I believe it's the only sky swat in the world?
Burniel

jackandylan123 wrote: Do I really have to be asked this question...
I think it's less "will nemmy win" and more "how much will nemmy win by" tbh
TheBoyWithOneEye

i would kinda laugh if NI won  8)
Altitude

Isn't it a bit of a dumb question, considering this is an Alton Towers forum?  :roll:
Altitude

Slammer is unreliable, yes, but it's often very popular.
X/: no way out wrote:
Altitude wrote:
X/: no way out wrote: I wouldn't like to see this but the slammer is being removed over closed season
And your evidence is?
You're lying unless proven truthful on these forums nowadays...

My friend works there and why else would it have been shut for the last 5 weeks
Please don't be one of 'those' people and post things like that. It's SO annoying for everyone, especially when it's almost definitely wrong.
Burniel

Altitude wrote: Isn't it a bit of a dumb question, considering this is an Alton Towers forum?  :roll:
It's an alton towers forum, that doesn't mean we all have to love nemesis ;)
Altitude

True, but let's be honest? ;)
Either way, in this case, Alton's coaster is better. But my point still stands!
Jack

Altitude wrote: Isn't it a bit of a dumb question, considering this is an Alton Towers forum?  :roll:
it may be an AT forum, but I will guarantee that even on a Thorpe Park forum, the original would win
ponder

Nemesis, obviously.

However, Inferno isn't half as bad as some people make out.

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps
tallicay2k

Which is which again?....

Joking.

Nemesis inferno to me is just a ride...

But nemesis....well that's a living beast! The first initial drop over past the queue line to then feel the famous Gs round that helix. Not to mention the scenery, story and blood!

Nemesis inferno for the win....no wait.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Jack

ponder wrote: Nemesis, obviously.

However, Inferno isn't half as bad as some people make out.
The reason it's thought of as bad is because of the name, it's in direct comparison with the best in the UK, and it will never compete with that, but I do agree, it's still a brilliant ride :D
Alex.D

Nemesis due to it superior theme and the "alive" feeling it gives, inferno is just a lump of steel ke-plonked onto land. Nemesis buried itself and made its home in and  MADE the forbidden valley! But Nemesis and Nemesis Inferno give me a big nose bleeds on their respective helixes. :( Which is annoying as I usually have to spend 30 mins in the medical centre. :L
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
tallicay2k

Qwan wrote:
tallicay2k wrote: Swarm and Saw are unfortunately the only best themed rides at Thorpe.
While I agree that Swarm and Saw are the best themed at the park I always feel the theme of Nemesis Inferno is often overlooked. Don't get me wrong it isn't as good as the two mentioned above however. The mountain, you walk up into a volcano before you start flying around the rain forest-esk world.
For a ride made in 2003 I think it is quite good (again I am not comparing it to any American counterparts here)

Although back on topic, the new billboard this season is a very good addition, it is a shame it isn't more British themed to match the rest of the area however when I went last week all the effects were working and it was very nice sight indeed.
Ahh yes the billboard lol. That's one thin gap.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
RollercoasterGEEK100

Just because they have the same name everyone compares them so if they just called it Inferno no one would of compared them! Anyway I vote Nemesis Inferno. I adore this ride and find it intense tbh. The theme music is much more insane than original Nemesis' and Nemesis Inferno is fast throughout, doesn't lose much speed where as Nemesis loses alot of speed after the loop so Nemesis Inferno hands down for me.

Credit to NemesisRider
RollercoasterGEEK100

Ilovecoasters wrote: I too am intrigued in the 2014 season, but I feel with ground work now underway for their next coaster, I don't think anything spectacular will be added.

As for slammer, it's been on and off for a while, it was closed for most of the 2012 season, so I'm not really sure why they're going to do with it. I believe it's the only sky swat in the world?
So there is actually ground work happening now! Anyway lets hope they start hinting us next season for there next coaster is it is for 2015. Also I can see them improving colossus soon. (eg paintjob)

Credit to NemesisRider
Danny

Colossus got re painted for its 10th birthday I thought?
Danny

I voted nemesis for overall experience. However I think inferno is intense throughout where as nemesis is only intense in the helix and loop. Both of them use the terrain brilliantly and I love infernos interlocking corkscrews. However overall it has to be the king! :)
DeanGaryCox

there doesn't appear to be any intention to remove slammer... just not practical to try and fix it now in this current season, considering it's not even that popular - we should see it return in 2013, but when and for how long?

i think thorpe will be starting to upgrade the park over the next few years starting from 2014 in terms of re-enforcing themed areas, and changing the entrance... next year i am hoping to see a substantial flat ride for the thrill market (a decent top spin anyone?), and something for the families too! :)
Image 2014