Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Marcus

Saw, Swarm and 13
RollercoasterGEEK100

Ok when i was at Thorpe on Wednesday i was looking at Nemesis Infernos theming (don't ask me why) and the plants and random rocks give you the feel of being in a tropical forest on a volcanic island also the station inside is extremely detailed , like the lanterns and the lights! So this is one of the best themed rides!

Credit to NemesisRider
Starlight expresser

How busy will summer nights likely to be this Friday?. I'm unsure how many tix they allocate into the park, it did say no que's basically

Andy
Alex.D

Thorpe park was good today. Everyting on 2 trains. Lightning dealt with well. Only bad things were fastrack upsell signs outside all major coasters and colossus and saw dispatch running slow.
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
TheBoyWithOneEye

Did anyone go to that summer nights thing? Was it worth the money or not? :)
Enk27

Went to it tonight. Despite the rain it was worth the £5 (MAP price).

The q's were v.low, best comparison would be AT ERT from 2012. Rarely had to wait more than one ride to get on anything (and most were walk ons).

Only dampener (other than the weather was) that Saw and Swarm were down for extended periods.
sw7nutter

TheBoyWithOneEye wrote: Did anyone go to that summer nights thing? Was it worth the money or not? :)
For a MAP it was well worth it they must have been a maximum of around 250 people in the park. The weather let it down but stealth you didn't have to get off the train it was just walk straight back on. Mind you stealth was broken a bit with us on it as it had a failed launch (different to a roll back)
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
Alex.D

Should thorpe have used this as the swarms area theme? I think they should have. It sounds cool.
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
DeanGaryCox

Extended opening hours in August!
Beat the traffic and chill with a drink in the sunshine on the beach, plus enjoy selected rides until 9pm in the UK’s most epic beer garden*.
*excludes Summer Nights on 2nd & 3rd August, and Ministry of Sound club night on 17th August.

taken from the thorpe park website on the opening times section... can only be good to see they are trying to keep guests happy by chilling on a nice evening, presumably with music, and what is possibly only a few rides, but still nice nonetheless; thorpe will then be giving good customer experience (something the towers are failing to do) especially with the roadworks happening around the area at the moment which would cause chaos, thorpe in turn would make money from sales of food and drink - so a win win situation in my opinion :)
Image 2014
Altontowersbarlow

Yes slightly off topic , but I love Alton Towers and think it is great but at the moment they seem to be a bit lacking in making customers feel valued , and Thorpe Park are , I still love Alton Towers. :D
DeanGaryCox

again slightly off topic... i've always been to alton towers (most years) since i was old enough to go on the smaller rides so it has a place in my heart, and never went to any of the other merlin parks (til 2009), but i really am starting to prefer thorpe park now, especially as i took advantage of the annual pass offer (what a bargain), and only takes me 2 hours (sometimes less) to drive there, it really is becoming my favourite place, and with the fright nights which is better than scarefest as it is - especially with the new generation of fright nights coming this year, excited! :D
Image 2014
Ripsaw Raver

I chose The Smiler simply for the detail on the Marmaliser a huge Screen-Giant needles, Discs,GasTanks, The Brushes the cables the legs the signage all of it and for an exit off a ride what the smiler delivers in the exit corridors just keeps it going, Secondly i have to go with Nemesis especialy when it was at 97" Standards when half of the grenery wasnt there and it did look like a post apocalyptic wasteland
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Jack

I think the main thing in a themed area is that you should feel like your there, I just didn't feel like I was in an apocalypse when I was in the swarms area, and I just didn't know what to think around saw, it's just 'Here's your rides' I think the smiler's or nemmy's themes are the best as they make you feel like your in that situation (albeit, with a lot less fear) so I have o say either The Smiler's or Nemesis' theme :D
girlgooner

Nemmy is for me best themed, though does need cleaning up a little x
lucy2244

I can only judge the Alton coasters as I've never been to thorpe,  but I'd definitely say nemmy, with all the effort they put in for the river of blood to the landscaping of the rocks, it's brilliant!
However I don't like the skellington they have put on the waterfall- It looks wrong and doesn't really fit. Like Christmas decorations in August.
Cookie Monster

I do like nemmys monster station and the rivers of blood but you can't argue with the swarms up to date themeing and look about it
danwhit709

To me the whole warehouse of Saw makes it the best, integrating it into the queue line builds tension for the ride fantastically and the details on the walls and inside cages are very accurate to the films! This has to be one of the only outdoor rollercoasters that stuck to a movie theme and it did it almost to perfection. The dark ride section has so many great theming elements including the swinging blades and the strobes on the spikes as you drop. Having 2 theming elements on one drop makes it a crazy experience and the general gloomy, sinister feel to the whole area makes me feel like I am in one of the movies which is what any film themed rollercoaster should do. Great work by Thorpe.
Robbo96/

Does anyone know how busy it will be over the weekend. Thorpe have been putting on Facebook that it is going to be raining so was wondering if any of the rides close in the rain.
Adam

An exciting/interesting FREE fast trackish trial is currently taking place at Thorpe Park. It's called Reserve 'n' Ride. And basically acts as a free virtual queue.

You register using a Smartphone (or at the ride entrance) and once the timer counts down, you can ride.

Check out the details at: http://www.thorpepark.com/prices/reserve-and-ride.aspx

I hope it catches on, and stays FREE!
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Ladyofthelake

Adam wrote: An exciting/interesting FREE fast trackish trial is currently taking place at Thorpe Park. It's called Reserve 'n' Ride. And basically acts as a free virtual queue.

You register using a Smartphone (or at the ride entrance) and once the timer counts down, you can ride.

Check out the details at: http://www.thorpepark.com/prices/reserve-and-ride.aspx

I hope it catches on, and stays FREE!
This sounds great!

Hopefully if it catches on Merlin will roll it out across other parks too :)