Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Krazycoaster

iriderides101 wrote: Was on Park today, such an awesome day, all rides open and the max we qued was hour for Collusus

I have a quick query re Stealth, does anyone know if the restraints have been adjusted (to accommodate larger riders)?

Its just I normally struggle to fit on, but today was able to strap myself in today.

If so does this mean Rita has been adjusted?

Thanks
I don't think all of Stealth's restraints have been adjusted however it may be that a few rows have been designed to accommodate larger riders.
RollercoasterGEEK100

Ok abit off topic, but on the island next to the swarm i see diggers digging some stuff sometimes. Could they possibly be making a new area to the park?

Credit to NemesisRider
Altitude

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: Ok abit off topic, but on the island next to the swarm i see diggers digging some stuff sometimes. Could they possibly be making a new area to the park?
It's possible the next coaster will be there so yes... I suppose.
RollercoasterGEEK100

Altitude wrote:
RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: Ok abit off topic, but on the island next to the swarm i see diggers digging some stuff sometimes. Could they possibly be making a new area to the park?
I was thinking that or they should make a new area themed around Switzerland...

Credit to NemesisRider
SwEDEN

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:
Altitude wrote:
I was thinking that or they should make a new area themed around Switzerland...
Like how Alpengeist is themed, that would be awesome!
Altitude

That would be nice.

I really want an intense B&M Flyer at Thorpe. Like Tatsu yet 10ft shorter :)
I know The Swarm gives a similar experience, but they are different in that different elements can be performed. I think a Flyer will suit the 160ft barrier, so in 2018 they could build a nice B&M or Intamin Hyper ;)
RollercoasterGEEK100

Altitude wrote: That would be nice.

I know The Swarm gives a similar experience, but they are different in that different elements can be performed. I think a Flyer will suit the 160ft barrier, so in 2018 they could build a nice B&M or Intamin Hyper ;)
Thats a good idea... Now does anyone else think they'll add any little things this year?

Credit to NemesisRider
SwEDEN

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:
Altitude wrote: That would be nice.

Thats a good idea... Now does anyone else think they'll add any little things this year?
*cough* Colossus could do with new trains. *cough*
Altitude

^ It's Merlin. Dream on ;)
iriderides101

Rode this yesterday, makes far more sense for this to be forward facing, to cater for the small family market with young ones

Just think the pyramid could be used for something much better!
SwEDEN

Altitude wrote: ^ It's Merlin. Dream on ;)
*Cough* New trains on Colossus that are fitted with magnets to grab the change out of your pocket if you were to lose some  :lol:
RollercoasterGEEK100

alee289 wrote: Colossus needs a bloody good clean and general fix up. The manky pool of algae and rubbish under the cobra roll has got a lovely mosaic under it!
Colossus needs a bloody good clean up i agree also they could just replace it with the new intamin 10 looper which is better looking but that will never happen...

Credit to NemesisRider
Krazycoaster

Just ridden X this weekend; a great improvement although there needs to be more fog!! The block sections have been removed asides the final one but hey, you can't have everything.
Krazycoaster

With the new refurbishment of X, I stopped and thought about the history of the ride. I'd love to have rode during the opening year when X was in it's full glory; with a story, effects and a more enjoyable ride experience.
I was wondering whether anyone had any photos or videos of X during 1996/7 when it first opened as it would be really interesting to see how much the ride has changed.
:D
Last edited by Krazycoaster on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex.D

Well the ride itself has stayed pretty much the same. The queue-line has been rejigged so many times though... Loosing many cool bits of theming. :( I missed those robots in the queue.
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
Krazycoaster

Alex.D wrote: Well the ride itself has stayed pretty much the same. The queue-line has been rejigged so many times though... Loosing many cool bits of theming. :( I missed those robots in the queue.
I miss the robots too! I know that part of the old queue is now what is used at Fright Nights for The Passing. I'd just love to see what people thought about the ride in it's opening year, i'd love to have ridden it.  :)
Chaz

I remember the 'original' ride so well. The robots climbing out of the walls (later half-sprayed red/orange and used for the 3D Freakshow maze and then used on the break run inside the ride). There were TV's dotted about (some upside down), helicopter sound FX, weird robot things behind glass panels, very dark, revolving tunnel, a 'lift' before you got on. And the backwards thing was a but of a surprise, seeing as the car was in the station when the lift doors opened.

The ride itself was ok too, but that didn't change much (except we used to have a ORP, of which I have 3 I think).

But saying that, I think the new upgrade was well-needed and a great improvement on the ride that it became.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
DrReeve

Superman wrote: They did have foot and mouth but the precaution they used was to make you walk through a foot bath. Remember the only way to get to the farm was via the thorpe water-bus (left where stealth is), or the train. It used to be busy in all honesty, you could use it to escape the screams. They had a large restaurant and cafe there which was brilliant. It was a place to escape for an hour, no noise animals and to prepare yourself for the journey ahead. I think part of the problem with the farm was they ran limited water bus services.
Maybe every half hour. (Trip was about 15 mins i think). It would have been great if they had made it more of an attraction. I really like the idea that they turn it into a 'haunted island' (although obviously not an island) for a dark ride as the place is littered with big barns.
Now that would be nice an area around there hidden and secret. Maybe sort of a run down resort with something like a Tower of terror styled building as well as rundown water transport. Would suit thorpe nicely
Image credit to Lewis97
DeadJack5

How Busy has Thorpe Park been lately? Going in a few weeks and would like to know if it's going to be packed :D :joy:
sw7nutter

Deadjack5 wrote: How Busy has Thorpe Park been lately? Going in a few weeks and would like to know if it's going to be packed :D :joy:
It hasn't been too busy but i wouldn't call it quite. It really depends on the day but expect 30 - 60 minute queues. The queue times will be on the rise as its approaching summer and more students are off of school.
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.