Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Chris265265

I don't know if they email us later today or what, so guess we will wait and see, sure Thorpe Park will announce this again anyway on their page.
martinjd84

I can get on the website now..
martinjd84

Chris265265 wrote: And I was planning to go this Wednesday anyway so if I could collect this pass on the day would be awesome!
Have you heard anything yet?
Chris265265

Nothing yet but I did message them on Facebook we are waiting for an email.
Owen

Ma®©us wrote: The reason they reversed the back seats on The Swarm on its 2nd year of running was because the GP thought it lacked of intensity, which is why they reversed the seats and added a near miss. I also noticed 2 other B&M coasters this year have had reversed seats which means B&M must be testing reversed seats on 3 different types of coasters: wing rider, sitting and inverted coasters. The near miss billboard is great, however the ride is themed on a British village and a massive billboard in a village seems a bit weird to me, also the near miss board doesn't effect the last two rows and mainly effects the front row.
Don't forget the London telephone box  ;)
Chris265265

Any news on your end?
martinjd84

Chris265265 wrote: Any news on your end?
Nothing my end, but thought it may take them a day or two. Hoping to go on the bank holiday weekend!
Chris265265

I dunno if they will deliver my pass or if I can collect it at the park or what because if I'm going Wednesday I don't wanna buy a ticket online now if I can collect it on the day or if I can bring ID or something to prove who I am or what.
AdrenalineAlex

MJNemesis wrote: How is fast track looking this season so far?

My one visit last year was on a day when they seemed to sell as many fast track as normal tickets. Swarm took 3 hours to get on to because there were 30min pauses in the normal queue to let a huge load of fast track holders on. Same story with Colossus and Nemesis (so it wasn't just because of Swarm being new).

I visited during a school holiday but April isn't usually unbearable for queues. They are having a laugh if they are expecting us to all pay for fast track in order to get a queue length that is barely acceptable without. I have no means to complain if a queue is long and I don't choose to get fast track but I'd never pay extra to still have to wait an hour.
When I went on the 11th, the Colossus fast track queue was the same length as where the member of staff stands to integrate the fast track and general queue and the actual station, it was ridiculous.
Chris265265

Still nothing?
martinjd84

Chris265265 wrote: Still nothing?
Still nothing  :cry: they are taking their time!
Chris265265

I know right, it's kind of annoying now :/
martinjd84

Chris265265 wrote: I know right, it's kind of annoying now :/
Have you heard anything? I sent them an email this morning
cool_boy_jon

Going to Thorpe Park for the first time on Sunday and I really want it to be the perfect day out. So, anyone got any tips to make the most out of my day? Thanks!
The only thing I like better than roller coasters,Alton Towers, Towers times and Theme Parks is HARRY POTTER, yes, I am a Potterhead and proud of it! :)

Graeme

2 schools of thought...

1.get there early and head to swarm, don't worry about going backwards, go forwards first. If you're on one of the first trains, the rest of the park will be walk on.

2. Do everything else first and head to swarm at mid day
RITA = Flying fish for teens
DrReeve

So basically im searching for any history on this ride photos, original layout  Videos old maps etc
Im also interested in Thorpe farm and where it was.

If anyone could show me on google maps that would be great.
Also any reason why Thorpe farm closed (low attendance?)

Thanks in advance
Image credit to Lewis97
Pennywise

The farm was closed because it was relatively unpopular and also because the park wanted to drain the land next to Colossus (for Saw - The Ride) and to do this they had to flood elsewhere instead, Thorpe Farm was the obvious location for this, though I believe that the majority of it is still above water level.
Trisnie

I don't know if we can add a poll and with the new guidelines I'm hesitant to start a new topic with a poll
but on the whole do people think it's worth the extra wait to q for the backwards car?
Kirsty25

Trisnie wrote: I don't know if we can add a poll and with the new guidelines I'm hesitant to start a new topic with a poll
but on the whole do people think it's worth the extra wait to q for the backwards car?
Queue for it at the end of the day or first thing then its a short queue. I would only queue extra for the front row :) Back row isn't worth more than 20-30 mins queue
Trisnie

DrReeve wrote: So basically im searching for any history on this ride photos, original layout  Videos old maps etc
Im also interested in Thorpe farm and where it was.

If anyone could show me on google maps that would be great.
Also any reason why Thorpe farm closed (low attendance?)

Thanks in advance
Didn't they have issues with the Foot and Mouth outbreak?