Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Tom G

I'm not sure I see how a cosmetic spruce up would change how it's operated. Top Scans are awesome but at Thorpe Park, but flats at big parks are over before they get going to try and cope with queues. If you want to experience a Top Scan at its best you should visit the fair circuit, with The Beast at Fantasy Island also being awesome. The one at Lightwater Valley also has a good cycle and operation.
Rollermad

A spruce up! I swear the tree behind its a spruce. I don't think it would be good near swarm. Suits where it is.
ShoesU

Is the way the front row queue works a bad idea?  Even though you queue up for front row passes you still have to queue when entering the station and they still fill up the front row even if people dont have those silly little passes.

Its even more annoying when the queue is quite and they dont have the front row queue operating and when you ask to go to the front the staff are miserable about it..if they offer a front row queue then it should be in operation at all times no matter how big or small the queue is.  At the end of the day you pay money to get in and if you have the option to sit at the front then you should be able to without being made to feel as though its wrong.
Rocket

The front row queue is a bit silly. Some staff are strict about having the passes to go front row.
I find if you join front row if it's only you in the queue you still have to wait ages for the batcher to let you in.
I think you should only be able to ride front row with one of the passes, that will reduce the front row queues in the station are people always try to move from row 2 or 3 to front row :(
Rollermad

Front row is normally a extra 5 minutes with pass but if it's not too busy look on both sides to see shortest queue. ;)
JoshC.

The front row queue's fundamental flaw is where it starts.

Splitting up before the station means that guests have no clue how long the front row queues are, and it requires a lot of good communication between staff to work well.  The queues in the station area often become congested and confusing..  There was a lot of though put into the station area, but the late decision to add a front row queue without integrating it into the station doesn't really reflect that.

Personally, I think the way Th13teen works with it's front row system would've worked well for Swarm, but ah well...
Who is Lez Cougan?
I am Lez Cougan.
We are Lez Cougan.
Rollermad

JoshC. wrote: The front row queue's fundamental flaw is where it starts.

Splitting up before the station means that guests have no clue how long the front row queues are, and it requires a lot of good communication between staff to work well.  The queues in the station area often become congested and confusing..  There was a lot of though put into the station area, but the late decision to add a front row queue without integrating it into the station doesn't really reflect that.

Personally, I think the way Th13teen works with it's front row system would've worked well for Swarm, but ah well...
13's front row is good. Nemesis and inferno don't have have a bad front queue.
luke.eggerton

Hi. This sun scream event - What do they mean by silent disco in the que lines ? Will it be most of the ques or just one ?
jackgcse

Silent Disco means there is no music playing out in the queue lines, but you collect some earphones which are playing the music!
jackgcse

It is incredibly stupid, I have spoken to many staff whilst on my trips, and they have all said how diabolical the design team was with this Front row queue!!
Rob
Admin
Admin

jackgcse wrote: Silent Disco means there is no music playing out in the queue lines, but you collect some earphones which are playing the music!
Great idea, and easy to manage. Absolutely perfect for Thorpe.
Deleted

Thorpe Park - Rides & Rave 2012

26 August, park admission from 4 pm
Exclusive sets from Pendulum (DJ set), Tinchy Stryder, Rudimental (DJ set) and more!

On 26th August brave some of Europe’s most extreme rides including the UK’s first winged rollercoaster, THE SWARM, before experiencing an incredible evening of live music as some of today’s top acts -including Pendulum (DJ set), Tinchy Stryder, and Rudimental (DJ set) - perform live in the Park!

Park admission will be allowed from 4pm, giving you access to some of Europe’s most extreme rides!

From 7pm, only guests attending the evening event will be allowed to join queue lines. Ride queue lines will shut at 8pm allowing the party to kick off on stage afterwards.

Tickets Cost: VIP Ticket: £35
Early Bird Ticket: £20 (Limited time only!)
Standard Ticket: £25

Jammydodger

Their events line up has just been immense so far this year.
I'm assuming the majority of the old entertainments team got the sack after a diabolical start with Saw alive, and the less advertised nameless under 18's club.

But if there is a new team they definitely know what they're doing.
Rob
Admin
Admin

What's the VIP ticket include that the standard doesn't?
Deleted

Rob-TT wrote: What's the VIP ticket include that the standard doesn't?
Special entrance just for VIPs
Access to the “golden circle” (front of stage). You can’t get any closer!
PLUS skip the queue: Your VIP wristband will allow you ultimate Fastrack entrance to all rides from 7pm*!
AJLlama

I think Samurai looks completely out of place where it is now, it does either need a re-theme or moving. Or replacing for a newer model/Pair of models, imagine 2 that ran in parallel...
nickhutson

I used to wish they'd re-theme it to fit in the SAW franchise... make it a torture machine.

Then - I rode it... I think they need to scrap it entirely.  It's painfully slow to load and unload and just a bit boring, really... Last time I did ride it, interestingly enough, was when it was the big new ride at Chessington!
Nick Hutson
Presenter - The Season Pass Podcast and Nick\'s Season Pass ERT
http://www.theseasonpasspodcast.com
Producer and Co-Presenter - MusicalTalk - The UK\'s Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk
AJLlama

Also, the restraints do not feel safe, there's no physical seatbelt, i stilll go on it though...
Deleted

Isnt Saw's IP "up" next year? and not being re-instated? or was that just a rumour?

Also that guy in his video mentions the cost implications on moving it. Its mounted on a lorry base underneath as its a travelling ride so the costs would be very little.
Last edited by Deleted on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJLlama

really love slammer, would be a shame to see it go. I think vortex and Zodiac are the least exciting flats, i love a retro trip on quantum, especially going on with people who've not gone on it before and think it's tame, it's a rare gem.
I second remove of eyesore surge. seems to be more building site themed than anything else. Also it ruins the view of the pyramid. very badly placed indeed.