Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
.Will

I wonder if Merlin are a little bit mad with B&M that could push them to the sidelines when the Merlin parks want a new coaster. Probabily not but it's a point worth thinking about.

I doubt though any of them would be that petty. I wonder if Thorpe get royalties from Six Flags.

:P
Rollercoaster5000

That is a very sweet email. I share their disappointment, that dive would have set 'The Swarm' apart from all the other Wing riders and now that Six Flags have used it on their cheap Swarm rip off that goes by the name of X-Flight.. we have been left with a coaster that will now have to rely on it's theming alone, but hey at least the dive actually inverts on The Swarm! Really resent Six Flags! The first coaster of this scale in the UK for a decade and they turd over the swarm's layout. Have gained a lot more respect from thorpe park for responding in a sensible manner.
I wonder if Merlin are a little bit mad with B&M that could push them to the sidelines when the Merlin parks want a new coaster. Probabily not but it's a point worth thinking about.

I doubt though any of them would be that petty. I wonder if Thorpe get royalties from Six Flags.
Hope not, we need more b&m's in the UK :P.
Dylan

For enthusiasts it may be a little disappointing but there is never going to be a competition between these two rides due to location. Most people who ride one will not be aware of the other.
dominoes

I totally know how Thorpe feel. This is because they probably had the same reaction as me when I saw the SF POV:
jordypordy11

from a guy called james... looks like stations getting on nicely :) alot of footers down too..

John

Was that taken whilst on Stealth? Bit of a stupid thing to do if so...
Jonny.F

Bit of a silly thing to do but at least we now have an overall view of construction. Any ideas of what that nearest pit will be?
jordypordy11

[quote=""John""]Was that taken whilst on Stealth? Bit of a stupid thing to do if so...[/quote]

yeah it is from stealth, and i didnt take it :o

[quote=""Jonny.F""]Bit of a silly thing to do but at least we now have an overall view of construction. Any ideas of what that nearest pit will be?[/quote] nope, well i dont :L maybe to do with the water effects ? i dont knoww, only guessing
Adam

Wow, if you're going to go to the trouble of taking a photo from stealth, at lease make it viewable!!

Knowing Thorpe, they will begin to add construction galleries somewhere soon.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
themealgang

Very exciting stuff.

Just can't wait for vertical construction to begin now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
cubwolf

He explained that the photo was taken from a camera on his watch hence the quality
DiogoJ42

A camera on his watch? Who does he thnk he is, James Bond? :lol:
starbugger1303

You can actually buy watches with cameras in, so it'll be easier to do POV's.

They sell them on Play.com! :P

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/ ... fer=search
Nightfall

I have a camera in my Pen (much better quality than that I should note). I tried using it on the opening day meet but it broke on the monorail.

Not that you aren’t paranoid enough Diogo :P
[align=center]Image[/align]
Adam James

Am I just being silly, or is the above image simply a screenshot off Red or Black? :P
cubwolf

[quote=""Adam James""]Am I just being silly, or is the above image simply a screenshot off Red or Black? :P[/quote]

Its from here http://youtu.be/UOV_fJf3Qx4
Jared

I was there yesterday. Vertical construction has begun with the station track seemingly being put into position.
jamesc

Photo Update from Today, thanks to themeparkguide

http://www.themeparkguide.biz/

The framework for the station is going up fast.
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
tpjames

[quote=""cubwolf""]He explained that the photo was taken from a camera on his watch hence the quality[/quote]
Just to confirm, that picture is from a video I took - I used one of the HD Spy Watches that are kicking around on amazon at the moment. Not fantastic quality, but perfectly safe. I'd never condone anybody taking a loose camera onto a ride.

So thanks to the people who appreciated me uploading it, and hopefully a bit more of an explanation to those who questioned how it came about.
.Will

That's pretty darn impressive to be honest.

tpjames TTF spy.

:P