Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Gax

Aargh waaay too much flash! Tone that down and it's an alright website, not as good as the old one by a long shot!

I'm no web designer but it seems very amateur for a company with Thorpe Park's status!

Shame they got rid of all the old ride discripions! I really quite liked all the lines such as 'gut wrenching steel' and the like! :D
davidaiow

I'm probably gonna get jumped on for saying this but I actualy really like it. It is better than alton towers by a long-shot. I think that the new imaging technique is fantastic and it is simple and easy to use. Yes, there are typos, but if this is a beta, then it doesn't realy matter as much. I like the fact it looks more generic than before, as last time I went on there (go knows when) it was all industrial and Thopre Park just isn't like that. I love the discourse and I think the cretivity is just right. Well done Thorpe Park in my opinion. I hope alton gets a similar treatment (though better casue I like Alton more :) )

EDIT: Oh and I love the interactivty on offer such as 'post youir pic of Blah'. I think thats cool.
stretchy

i get this when i go to thorpe. or is this the new site. if so it is definitely nice and clean
[url=http://"http://www.stretchedmindz.com"]Image[/url]

[url=http://"http://www.secretsantaelf.co.uk"]Image[/url]
Adam

You can only access the site via: http://www.thorpepark.co.uk/ at the moment.

Adam x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Chris1

Can somebody take a screenshot of the Thorpe Park website for me as I can't view flash websites for some reason....

Thank's...

:)
Mattmills

I quite like the website too, i dnt think its too bad tbh, but the typos are really annoying me!
TenZero

The new THORPE PARK website is pretty good, I like the layout and design, but theres way to much flash and stuff..hate the way they think it sounds better if they take on the roll of Capt. Capslock for THORPE PARK :P
Kaycee

I don't like THORPE PARK'S (not-so-subtle method of trying to imprint that name in your brain? It seems to have worked with all us lot lmao) new website. The landing page especially, that picture of Stealth looks crap all cut out with the track taken away.

Much preferred the darker, thrill-inspired one of yesteryear.
suffy

This is for Chrïs and people who cannot view flash :)

Enter Page

Home Page

I think it is an OK website, but with wayyy to much flash. If that went it would be better, but I still wouldn't be too fussed about it.
Last edited by suffy on Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AstroDan

"Yesteryear" - love it.

The new site isn't very good in my view, it just irritates me.
Wes

I think its alright.

I think the buttons at the top are a bit silly.
Green.Wing

I really like it. Its different. Much better then the old on. Dont think its to flashy at all. Just has the right amount, and its very Swish :D
stigzy

I'm unsure about the new site. It is a bit of a flash over load and it does come accross as a bit, meh! But at least they've been bothered to do a new site at least!
Adam

Hmm, looks the new version of the logo has bee removed from the main page.

Adam x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Rob L

I don't like it. There's way too much happening on the home page. They've gone over the top with flash. One major problem, is the box for rides currently unavailable going to be big enough when the season starts!

Coke

I don't like the 'Accomadation' tab, as it stands out and makes it look like Thorpe are trying to become a resort with hotels they don't own. Also Linking to a site, like holiday extras is very cheap IMO :P

Anyway, what resort stuff do they have? They seem to emphasise the breaks thing aswell, look on the right.

And the site seems to slow because of all the flash.

Are you thirsty?
Thom

Alton's site have partnered with Holiday Extras too, so it seems this is a whole Merlin thing going on. Thrope could at least have the effort to intergrate the hotel booking system into their site like Alton do though...

Thom....
Johno

The intro page is annoying. It's not needed.

The more pages you have to go through to get content the less likely it is you'll bother.
DanB

[quote=""Johno""]The intro page is annoying. It's not needed.

The more pages you have to go through to get content the less likely it is you'll bother.[/quote]

Agreed, Entry pages are so last year.
Ash

Its very thorpe, all i can think of really, doesnt look too useful