Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Liam

Why on earth are they opening in February again. Won't they learn from this year?!
Wes

It makes them money, so they might as well open when they can - regardless if the rides are open or not :P
Dr Pop Rocket

Supposedly it will be an "Adrenaline Week" format for the February Half Term with a reduced ride selection and reduced entry price, but that's not confirmed as far as I'm aware just a possibility.
Sebastian

Thorpe did pretty well this year in Febuary, I know things like Inferno, Rush Slammer wenr't open, but they did have major problems partly to do with external companies.
Mankey

Lmao!! no they didnt... it was terrible!! :lol: when i went on Feburary 17th the only rides we had operating were Stealth, Colossus, Vortex, Zodiac, Quantum and X:WTF

and even on that day, Colossus broke down at 12:00... which meant we had one major coaster and some crappy flats. It was a DISASTER!

Im happy that they gave everyone free tickets valid till July though.

I'd be happy if they kept it shut until late march so they can tweak a few things so it will look good, but... why theyre not doing so i dont know!

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Liam

[quote=""Sebastian""]Thorpe did pretty well this year in Febuary[/quote]
Haha, I agree with Mankey, it was a disaster. They had advertised it as full park opening and then days before it opened they claimed that most rides will be shut due to bad weather?!
The rides that were open were breaking down, and when you travel a long way to get there it's very disappointing.
Sebastian

But there is only two rides down that you can physically blame on Thorpe; Detonator and Inferno which failed H&S tests.

Samurai, Slammer, Fungle and CC area where closed due to the infilling work overrunning by Webb!
Power Of Ten

I like it to be honest where else are you going to get a roller coaster backwards in the dark no where although its not thrilling its a fun coaster that always makes me laugh and its great to go on with mates so i say keep it you still have all the real thrill rides in stealth colossus nemi inferno and the flats

Although a 1.4m min hight hmmm does anyone know why you have to be as tall to get on X:/ as you do on Stealth?

EDIT:made myself look a bit of a idiot there didn't mean it like that i meant you have to be the same hight to get on a 200ft acellerator than you do to get on a tame backwards rollercoaster in the dark.I can understand why you have to be 1.4m to get on Stealth. Anyway thanks Seb
:oops:
Last edited by Power Of Ten on Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is my last Comment or View of TTF. I\'ve had enough of all this geek stuff, Im not worrying about theming or story\'s or landscaping, smoothness or what a ride is like compared to another. To just enjoy the roller coasters as fun and adrenalin filled.
Sebastian

Lap bar restrictions, and for Stealth it's for the restraints aswell.
AstroDan

May well be true, but the fact was it was pretty appalling not telling the public until the day before, when all of us, for example, had hotels booked weeks in advance.

Was probably the worst weekend at a theme park i'd had - and most on here would vouch for it.

At the end of the day, regardless who is to "blame", if I went to Alton Towers and 60% of the thrill rides were shut, then regardless if it was the fault of the manufacturer or whoever, i'd still be pretty naffed off.

However: Bravo if Thorpe plan an Adrenalin Week style opening - as long as we know in advance, then nobody can complain.
Danzaw*nk

Well it is Thorpe Park Dan so i'm sure you can find something to complain about :P :).

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Dara

Unfortuantely I'm not overly optimistic those will be the opening times for the 2008 season. Thorpe Park cant be 100% sure otherwise it would be on their website, and this time last year, 2007 openeing times were published on the official TP website, but they changed their minds with loads of the advertised times. Thorpe are notorious for changing their minds at the last minute. They've been like that since about 2004.
AstroDan

I seem to re-call that the original Thorpe 2007 opening schedule had some kind of December opening? Obviously that is no longer the case, so, yes, I guess that the above calendar is subject to change.

However, it does appear they intend to run Thorpe Blast again, although this time have more of a gap between Fright Nights and the fireworks.
WillXav

Ive been reading a rumour on THESE forums that Quantum is being "scrapped" and Zodiac is going to Chessie.

Ive heard similar rumours that Samurai is going to chessie as they the park have finally realised that a family park is not doing well and is therefore, unbalanced.

Another rumour was that Sam was going to be rethemed as some spinning piece of machinery at CCreek.

I also heard that we would get 1001 nights at the area or near Calpso Quay
Sebastian

On the principle of what you have said are really unrealistic. Why would they need 1001 nights, when the have Quantum, and why would Samurai go back to CWoA? It would still be run on the same low quality settings it has now, but the Samurai retheme is being looked into.
Dara

[quote=""elementist""]Ive been reading a rumour on THESE forums that Quantum is being "scrapped" and Zodiac is going to Chessie.

Ive heard similar rumours that Samurai is going to chessie as they the park have finally realised that a family park is not doing well and is therefore, unbalanced.

Another rumour was that Sam was going to be rethemed as some spinning piece of machinery at CCreek.

I also heard that we would get 1001 nights at the area or near Calpso Quay[/quote]

The Quantum and Zodiac rumours I have also heard and i think, at this stage it's only at the back of their minds, so speculation really.

Samuri certainly wont go back to Chessington, that would just be embarassing, but i have heard rumours, told to me by people working at the park, that they are thinking of getting rid of Samuri and Slammer altogether, not sure why though.

1001 Nights definately wont make a return to either thorpe or chessington. I very much doubt that it is still in storage, if it is, why would they have bought Quantum for thorpe? Also if Quantum is going to Chessington, like Seb said, if chessington still had 1001 Nights they'd simply bring that back rather than getting Quantum.
Benbrit

[quote=""Dara""]Samuri certainly wont go back to Chessington, that would just be embarassing, but i have heard rumours, told to me by people working at the park, that they are thinking of getting rid of Samuri and Slammer altogether, not sure why though.[/quote]

Because of their awful reliability. If any two rides in the park could be put up for reliability issues it would be these two (apart from stealth, but that’s their 'Icon'), they are always breaking down for one reason or another and Thorpe park, being so small, could probably use the space for better investments that actually work properly.

Ben
Danzaw*nk

Stealth hasn't been too bad actually. Yes it had problems early on in the season but from then on it only really suffered 'routine' break downs.

But yes, Samurai is a nightmare, don't care about Slammer. I say get rid of it for something GOOD!

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Wes

[quote=""Danzaw*nk""]Stealth hasn't been too bad actually[/quote]

:shock:

*spits out drink*
Queen of Speed

It hasn't! It's been pretty good this year after a shocking first year.