Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Mankey

Agreed... quite intimidating for 1st riders as well

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
AstroDan

Colossus has aged somewhat, and the track could use a tart up too - but it's still a good coaster. I just find it odd that it has roughened up so much in such a short time.

:?
Danzaw*nk

The track is fine, is good looking all old and rusty :)

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Mankey

It does add to the area... the whole "lost city" thing. Colossus is still brilliant though, and i wouldnt turn a ride down (unless i was feeling very ill!)

Ive seen so many people shy out of it as well :P i bet they regret it though haha!

Does anyone else find Colossus's seats really quite comfey? i dunno why but i feel alot more comfortable in them then Stealth but that might just be me.

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
NemmyLover

I have never had a problem on Colossus. Sometimes a little jerky but not rough! It needs new trains!
Danzaw*nk

The seats are ok, leg room is very restricting and the restraints weigh a bomb! Kinda comfy though :)

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Nick

i really don't like the seats or the restraints on Colossus. I find i'm sitting there in slightly the wrong position for it to feel wierd
TenZero

I am the only one that gets cramp half way through the heartlines? Me thinks this is all down to the combination of, heavy restrains and restricted leg room.
Mankey

I always come off with Pins and Needles in my hands :? for some very odd reason! i do admit there isnt much leg room, but its still very VERY comfey i think (allthough not as comfey as inferno... but thats cuz B+M is the best!)

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Nick

Thorpe Park suffered yet another major power cut yesterday at 3pm. Everybody was given free tickets, and all Fastrack tickets were refunded
Mattmills

i find the seats on colossus comfy apart from the very restricting restraints! they really need to allow your legs to move around more instead of locking them totally in!
Last edited by Mattmills on Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Dave

Yeah but on air you caint move your legs yet that has some of the most comfortable seat ever made.
fitchy

Well if anyone remembers colossus's first season it had different restraints, they were changed because the amount of freedom they had and guess what a chav put his feet on the back of the car in front..... you can guess the rest so health and safety decided new restraints were required.

Also One of the trains is smoother than the other i know the reasons why but cant divulge the information. All i'm saying does anyone remember long periods of time colossus was on one train op.
Ash

Smoother due to new wheels?
Dormiens-Dave

its got to be the wheel assembly as the only othger way to make a coaster smoother is to re-profile the track which certainly hasn't happened on collosus
Wes

Thorpe Park Fright Nights return for 2007

Thorpe Park will be hosting Fright Nights for a record breaking 26 days in October in an attempt to try and satisfy the huge demand that the event creates. Early in the run the park will stay open until 8pm into the evening but as half term and Halloween approaches, the event will run until 10pm, giving everyone the chance to ride the thrill rides in the dark as well as experiencing the Halloween shows and attractions.

"Topping the bill, will be The Carnival of the Bizarrre - presented by the Circus of Horrors, which in 2007 will see a return to the more structured shows of the past. Last year saw an attempt to bring the audience closer to the acts, by placing cages around the park for the carnival freaks to perform in. Unfortunately this meant the performers were at the mercy of the weather as well as, in some cases, just a littlle too close to the public. Performing dangerous acts such as sword swallowing or hammering nails into the nose shouldnt really be performed when an over excited teen could suddenly knock into you!

This year, the Carnival will be back under cover again and will present short shows featuring several different acts. As Dr Haze the leader of this bizarre circus said "our act is intended to be more of an ensemble theatrical piece as opposed to one off tricks and acts of gore".

This year will also see the return of the parks three horror mazes, The Asylum, Hellgate and Se7en. Although there is nothing really new to report at Thorpe this year, its encouraging to see the event return and the number of evenings extended. Lets just hope that some of the increased revenue can be pumped back into more decoration and theming around the park as previous events have been quite barren around the park."

Taken from Hauntedattractions.co.uk
Kaycee

EXCELLENT! :D:D Cheers Muggins. I LOVE this event, I'm excited now. I'll be there multiple times no doubt, like last year. Woop woop, glad to see the mazes back!! Even if there are no changes to the event, that suits me just fine, I really enjoyed last year's! Although hopefully the mazes will have some changes to keep them fresh and interesting. :D
Con

NICE! Will be going back for my second time this year. Never done a maze due to the highly ridiculous queues.

LONG POSTS GIVE ME HEADACHES
AstroDan

What was to be expected, I guess. Should be good - although 8pm is rather early - definitely will go for a 10pm close. Can't wait to get back to Fright Nights.

Now for Alton to out-do them! :lol:
Nick

Even at the Fright Nights last year before Half Term the place was dying out from 7pm onwards!