Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
John

[quote=""Danzaw*nk""]Am I the only one that's found Colossus alot smoother this season?[/quote]
I wouldn't know - before this year my last visit to thorpe was 2004, and colossus was fairly smooth then (I think). Mostly the back seems worse than the front to me, my decision to go for the front row is partially based on that.

[quote=""mankey52""]Inferno was amazingly smooth [/quote]
B&M > Intamin
Danzaw*nk

Yeah I guess.

Inferno is amazingly smooth, B&M are awesome. The corkscrews and bends just look extra smooth when watching Inferno :)

Stealth is sexily smooth too, although I did get a bit of rattling from the rise to vertical once - probs the rain :P.

Smoothest ride ever - Rush :D:D:D:D LOVE the airtime

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Gazza Smurf

Rush is awesome, although I always feel like I'm going to fall out the seat backwards when I'm facing upwards at the top :P

On a different note, Samurai the other day went a lot faster than last time I rode it at easter :shock: It started off at normal speed forwards but then when it went backwards it went quite a bit faster! Was great :D
Wes

[quote=""Danzaw*nk""]I like the queue line vids Smile Queue line vids are good cos they keep me entertained Razz [/quote]

Most possibly the worst videos ever :P

Mixed between the Duel Queue video and Hex style.

Bad acting, costumes, effects. Everything :P Bleurgh. But it was all done by staff I believe as I remeber seeing the news reporter guy working on the railway.
Mankey

oooh the queue line vids! MR X!!! :lol: (private joke with myself and scf27)

and yeah dan u can get the X:NWO music on www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk

Its amazing!

And yeah u probs are the only person who found it smooth :lol:

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Danzaw*nk

Then you're all wimps :P

I don't think the XNWO vids are like, omg this ride is gonna be great, but at least it adds a little something and a point :lol:.

Cheers for the link :)

Dan
Last edited by Danzaw*nk on Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Craig

The X: queueline vid is nothing short of amazing. They know it's not great, it's actually good because it is that bad - I absolutely love it!
Mankey

I couldn't hear anything in the X:NWO vid :( all i saw was MR X!! :D he helped evacuate us from Rumba Rapids!! LEDGE!!

is it as bad as The Haunting's vid at drayton?

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Gazza Smurf

[quote=""mankey52""]all i saw was MR X!! :D he helped evacuate us from Rumba Rapids!! LEDGE!![/quote]

:lol:

He didn't help us, he just came down and wobbled his man boobs for a bit :lol:
Mattmills

Can i just ask, who really cares if Colossus is slightly rough! its a great ride! Why choose where you sit on the roughness?! its getting older, its bound to happen..
Danzaw*nk

Yeah it's bound to get rougher as it gets older but it's just not aging very well. 5 years there and it is already fairly rough most find, is quickly turning into a Corkscrew :P.

5 years is not long for a coaster to get rough.

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Nick

I still think its an absolutely brilliant coaster though, and when i'm on it I tend not to think about how rough it is! It is hard to believe that in just a few years a ride has become that rough. I would have loved the chance to try it when it was smooth
Mankey

When i went in feb i actually thought Colossus was fairly smooth! But i havent a clue whats happend to her bless her! Shes one of my fave rides

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
John

[quote=""Mattmills""]Can i just ask, who really cares if Colossus is slightly rough! its a great ride! Why choose where you sit on the roughness?! its getting older, its bound to happen[/quote]
I'd say it used to be a great ride, but with the roughness it certainly isn't any more. If I come off a ride in pain it tends to detract from the enjoyment, and I've had smother rides on corkscrew than the experience I had last week on colossus. The rate of deterioration of the ride is rather surprising, its only 5 years old, it should still be in pretty good condition IMO.

Nowadays I'd say the ride is pretty poor until the heartlines, which are a highlight as they're so much less painful. If it gets much rougher I probably wouldn't bother riding, its already the worst of the big 3 in my eyes.
Gazza Smurf

[quote=""duckman""]Nowadays I'd say the ride is pretty poor until the heartlines, which are a highlight as they're so much less painful. If it gets much rougher I probably wouldn't bother riding, its already the worst of the big 3 in my eyes.[/quote]

The heartlines are my least favourite bit of it.... I've never really found them that enjoyable, and they just seem to be there for the sake of saying "look record breaking coaster!"
Mankey

Like i said earlier, i think the best bit is the cobra roll! but sadly that is quite painful to ride now :cry:

And yeah, the heartlines can be funny... but i really find em kinda pointless, theyre not that fun if uve just eaten a bit though, they make me feel queasy! The last heartline is good!! i dunno why, but i really like the fact that that one gets REALLY close to the ground

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
John

[quote=""mankey52""]Like i said earlier, i think the best bit is the cobra roll![/quote]
For me thats the worst bit, its just not enjoyable due to the roughness, its that and the corkscrews that ruin the ride really.
Danzaw*nk

Found that fairly smooth last time :lol:, you must have very flexible necks :P

Will check again on Monday :)

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Mankey

[quote=""Danzaw*nk""]Found that fairly smooth last time :lol:, you must have very flexible necks :P[/quote]

Strangely enough, it doesnt actually hurt my neck... it doesn't hurt me at all! its just the bumpy ride that makes me really REALLY uncomfortable :| I come off feeling like im still being thrashed about, but i do still come off very satisfied, its still better then stealth in my opinon and one of the better things to ride in the park.

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Beaver Dude

Colossus is one of the best rides in the UK anyone else who says otherwise is a baby.