Favourite Dungeon in the UK and why?

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.

Which is your favourite Dungeon Attraction in the UK?

London Dungeon
44%
York Dungeon
16%
Edinburgh Dungeon
11%
Blackpool Tower Dungeon
11%
Warwick Castle Dungeon
18%

Total votes: 45
Ronnopm94

That's a shame, as it could be so good set within a real castle as opposed to a purpose built set. I suppose that perhaps because of this, the attraction suffers due to space availability and other restrictions. The Blackpool Tower dungeon is also affected by this , yet not to the extent of Warwick. If I were to visit Warwick Castle again I would certainly give it a try. Can't wait to try the new London Dungeon, but would love to go to the others. I haven't been for many years and it would be interesting to see how much has changed, especially since the rebrand last year.
Master_feedback

Ive done warwick 4 or 5 times and Blackpool once lotl if you didn't . like the errors in Warwick then you will hate Blackpool the script is very much the same at both ... historically backpool was all out of order but told as in order
Blackpool did . Lack full themeing
On balance the last room at warwick is better then the last at Blackpool
Audio123

My favourite has got to be the new London Dungeon. Does anyone know the name of the new song in their advert? They posted it on Facebook and I can't get it out my head

http://on.fb.me/1JCrmSl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Adam.W

The only one I've been to is the Blackpool Tower Dungeon (visited yesterday), it was alright, but it didn't raise tension too well and didn't have a great atmosphere (felt like we were being rushed around and just cycled around the rooms). The Drop Dead ride at the end was a bit underwhelming, you went up, 3 lines, dead... So yeah :lol
Aidan Lowe

As a HUGE thank you we will be inviting the chosen family to be one of the first to experience the attractions new secret!
This is for the London Dungeons, not sure if anything is known about this yet.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
N_B

I've been to all the UK dungeons except Warwick and Edinburgh is my favourite so far. It's the one dungeon that genuinely freaks me out in places, the Sawney Bean elements are really well done and unsettling. It doesn't help that every time I've been, it's me Sawney threatens to punch in the mouth!

I'm not taken with the new London dungeon, I much preferred Tooley Street. The south bank one doesn't have much atmosphere, and they got rid of two of my personal favourite attractions, Bloody Mary and Vengeance.
vikkimoo

I've only been to York and Warwick, and thought York was so much better. We were there for a hen party so they kept picking on the bride to be burnt, chopped up etc, and I thought the whole thing was scary and fun. I wasn't as impressed with Warwick; it was still good though :)
AdamDylag

Iv'e only done The London Dungeon and The Castle dungeon (which I do quite frequently as I live on the outskirts of Warwick). I think Warwick beats it for me, it might not be as long an experience but the theming is far superior in my opinion (as it is in a real castle!). Also, the atmosphere is much better because as opposed to London, Warwick hasn't got the whole "Fear is a funny thing" tag ling and instead it is very much percieved as a "scary" attraction; with a much more foreboding entrance, lots of narrow ancient corridors, all the cool wax figures that vomit and rattle their chains as you go along and overall just a much more claustrophobic and real vibe, The Castle Dungeon excels at atmosphere. Oh, and do I even have to mention the finale? In conclusion, Warwick is my cup of tea.
Justin

I've been to both Totley Street and County Hall London Dungeons attractions, along with Warwick.
Each have their own merits, but I did like the uniqueness of Totley and Warwick as they were old and confined. County Hall is still good, but I believe it is an attraction which needs to mellow.