Hunger Games theme park in the works?

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dom

abigsmurf

Just a warning, that site has an obnoxious banner ad that automatically downloads a video file.

Back on topic, not sure what they could do as a ride from what I know of the films/books. Maybe a Spider-man type thing?
Danny

Not a great fan of this. I mean why limit a park to be themed around one franchise. That's like thorpe park theming everything to Saw. It would be boring and can't see any room to expand when the films are all finished
Themeparksandy1981

I didn't think of much of the first movie and the trailer for the second doesn't look that much better.
obliviongirl

I love The Hunger Games, but I personally can't see a whole theme park based around just this one franchise, as Danny has stated. There wouldn't be much room for expansion creatively because everything would have to keep to the same general theme. Realistically, I can't see this being followed through with, because there just isn't enough you can really do with the idea, if you see what I mean. Also, there will be an inevitable downfall in The Hunger Games' popularity and commercial appeal a couple of years after the final film is released. The Hunger Games craze at the moment will die down eventually, so I just can't see how this idea would develop itself to work.
Last edited by obliviongirl on Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.