The UK's next B&M?

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
RollercoasterGEEK100

Okay I have created this thread because I feel like we could do with talking about the UK's next B&M Coaster. You can post your ideas and thoughts on here and it would also be a great topic to talk about too.

Credit to NemesisRider
RollercoasterGEEK100

Okay let me get this started. Myself I think the UK could possibly see another B&M Invert or Wingrider the reason being is as they're both popular and parks all over the world seem to Invest in them. I have no idea where either on these coasters would be but thats my prediction.

Credit to NemesisRider
iBacon

I know every-one will hate me for this but I want a B&M Hyper at Drayton Manor.
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
RollercoasterGEEK100

iBacon wrote: I know every-one will hate me for this but I want a B&M Hyper at Drayton Manor.
Tbh, I like that idea!

Credit to NemesisRider
iBacon

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:
iBacon wrote: I know every-one will hate me for this but I want a B&M Hyper at Drayton Manor.
Tbh, I like that idea!
Thanks, they can't afford it though!
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
sw7nutter

If Alton doesn't get one as there next coaster then i think it will be a B&M stand up at Thorpe park because they could sell that really well despite them not being that good. The reason i think it will be from the Merlin group is because they are expensive and i doubt other parks have that sort of cash.
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
Alex

B&M stand ups seemed to have gone out of fashion so I doubt we will see one of them
Sam198

Ready_23 wrote: B&M stand ups seemed to have gone out of fashion so I doubt we will see one of them
Regardless of the fact that one was terrifyingly close to becoming SW7? ;)
Alex

Sam198 wrote:
Ready_23 wrote: B&M stand ups seemed to have gone out of fashion so I doubt we will see one of them
Regardless of the fact that one was terrifyingly close to becoming SW7? ;)
Didnt happen though ;)
Alex.D

At thorpe park hopefully a B&M hyper or a B&M floorless.
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
mikecloud1984

The same could be said about Inverts also - B&M haven't built a new one for years and then they spring Banshee on us!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

mikecloud1984 wrote:
The same could be said about Inverts also - B&M haven't built a new one for years and then they spring Banshee on us!
Well that's not true, as last year OzIris opened at Parc Asterix.

Anyway, stand-ups have gained a reputation for being quite uncomfortable and not really delivering that enjoyable of an experience. B&M inverts will always be popular, and B&M recognise this which is why the hardware of Banshee is an upgrade of anything we've seen before. 
mikecloud1984

lewis97 wrote:
mikecloud1984 wrote:
Well that's not true, as last year OzIris opened at Parc Asterix.

Anyway, stand-ups have gained a reputation for being quite uncomfortable and not really delivering that enjoyable of an experience. B&M inverts will always be popular, and B&M recognise this which is why the hardware of Banshee is an upgrade of anything we've seen before.
When you compare the B&M inverts to say their helpings of Wingriders/Flyers and Dive Machines over the last few years, then an Invert has been particulaly rare.

We had Black Mamba and OzIris but other than that, over the last few years, we have seen very little in the way of Inverts.
Fragga

Having rid the likes of Mantis and Riddlers Revenge I pray to god the next B&M is not going to be a standup, cause even B&M cant make those things comfortable, you still bang your head on the restraints over and over.

I'm finding it hard to think the UK may get another B&M for quite some time, I don't see AT getting one, as all they could really add would be a floorless, wingriders or a hyper and with the height restrictions I'm not sure they would fit in.

The best hope would be Thorpe getting one, perhaps a hyper of some sort around the 200ft (stealth) size, but again I really believe Thorpes next coaster will be a Intamin mega lite. Unless they surprise me with a dive machine, basically a Sheikra/Gryphon clone or maybe something smaller like Krake or perhaps a good flying coaster...a Tatsu/Crystal Wings clone would be a very nice addition to the park.

But sadly folks to sum it up, I don't think we will see a B&M in the UK for quite some time which is a shame cause we badly need some kind of hyper/giga air time machine to take away the PMBO's crown.
Henry

Fragga wrote: Having rid the likes of Mantis and Riddlers Revenge I pray to god the next B&M is not going to be a standup, cause even B&M cant make those things comfortable, you still bang your head on the restraints over and over.

I'm finding it hard to think the UK may get another B&M for quite some time, I don't see AT getting one, as all they could really add would be a floorless, wingriders or a hyper and with the height restrictions I'm not sure they would fit in.

The best hope would be Thorpe getting one, perhaps a hyper of some sort around the 200ft (stealth) size, but again I really believe Thorpes next coaster will be a Intamin mega lite. Unless they surprise me with a dive machine, basically a Sheikra/Gryphon clone or maybe something smaller like Krake or perhaps a good flying coaster...a Tatsu/Crystal Wings clone would be a very nice addition to the park.

But sadly folks to sum it up, I don't think we will see a B&M in the UK for quite some time which is a shame cause we badly need some kind of hyper/giga air time machine to take away the PMBO's crown.
I agree with you that B&M standups are really not comfortable and i also agree that a flyer at Thorpe would be amazing!

if we did get an airtime machine, i would hope for it to be an Intamin woodie, not a B&M hyper, Unless the hyper had a lot of ejector airtime.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
themealgang

Judging by Thorpe Park's latest Facebook post, they could be getting the next one; a Hyper possibly? If they come up with a new coaster concept within the next 5 years, then there's no reason why Alton wouldn't go for one either. To be honest, these parks are the ones in the country that can actually afford to build a B&M; they are the most expensive out of all the suppliers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
RollercoasterGEEK100

I can see Thorpe Park being the next UK park to get another B&M

Credit to NemesisRider
BenBowser

Has anyone thought of a flyer at Chessington?? It could be themed to the mystic east area? But not too intense, maybe just one barrel roll?
RollercoasterGEEK100

nemesisben110 wrote: Has anyone thought of a flyer at Chessington?? It could be themed to the mystic east area? But not too intense, maybe just one barrel roll?
Love the idea of that and maybe a pretzel loop aswell...

Credit to NemesisRider
ponder

Chessie have neither the space, the money or the ability to gain planning for a B&M Flyer.

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps