Fun City Brean

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Kirsty25

I never realised how expensive this was until I was speaking to one of my colleagues who was here the other week! £17 for a wristband if you stay on site...and the attitude of the staff seemed to be "well we're cheaper than a day at alton towers" which I'm positive is no attitude to hold as the full price wristband is only just cheaper than Towers if you have a BOGOF voucher!
Eirdy

Kirsty25 wrote:I never realised how expensive this was until I was speaking to one of my colleagues who was here the other week! £17 for a wristband if you stay on site...and the attitude of the staff seemed to be "well we're cheaper than a day at alton towers" which I'm positive is no attitude to hold as the full price wristband is only just cheaper than Towers if you have a BOGOF voucher!
Well, to be honest I have to disagree with you, I think Fun City is great value, £22.50 for 6 and a half hours, unlimited rides, hardly any queues is great, the longest queue I have ever been in at fun city was 5 mins lol :D
Danny

Tbh, you can get an unlimited wristband at Adventure Island for £21 pounds that lasts all day and the park is open from 10am until 10:30pm during peak times. Usually the park shuts at 8pm with half price wristbands from 6pm. There are a lot more rides too, all queues under 5 mins expect the Gerstlauer Eurofighter which is about 10 minutes. The staff always put on a great show in front of kids, always asking how the day is etc; which really makes this place look mehh.
Jamie

Do Fun City, Brean still own Speed Wave? As I'm sure I heard somewhere that it had been sold, but it's still on their website?
ThrillJunkie

Hi Jamie,

I can confirm Speed Wave has been sold to James Mellor and was shipped to Dubai in August/September 2014. It's now operating as part of "Fantasy Island" in the Global Village.

A video of the ride in it's current location can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHtrIJvgmi4
ThrillJunkieUK
Jamie

ThrillJunkie wrote:Hi Jamie,

I can confirm Speed Wave has been sold to James Mellor and was shipped to Dubai in August/September 2014. It's now operating as part of "Fantasy Island" in the Global Village.

A video of the ride in it's current location can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHtrIJvgmi4
Thanks, that's quite misleading then for it to still be on the Fun City, Brean website.
Jamie

Fun City has been renamed to Brean Theme Park, and has three new attractions opening next year:
Disko, Star Flyer and a Circus.
http://www.funcitybrean.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eirdy

Yes, not sure on the new name. The Disko has been shiped from Australia!
Owen

I miss Speed Wave from when it was down here in Hastings :( so much fun..
Eirdy

None of the new attractions seem to have arrived yet except from some new catering vans :-)