Fun City Brean

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Sam198

Awesome! It's great to hear about any park taking such good care of their old flats, let alone one the size of Fun City.
Eirdy

It looks amazing, I might go on it in the summer.
Eirdy

Hi, I will be doing some YouTube videos of some of the rides at brean on saturday, I will post links once they are uploaded :lol
Eirdy

Openining day tomorrow! Whoes going?
ME!
Jamie

smilealways wrote:Openining day tomorrow! Whoes going?
ME!
I'm going in May.
Look forward to seeing some videos ;)
Are there any changes in Astro Storm or Terror Castle?
Eirdy

No changes in Astro storm or Terror Castle. I didn't make any videos (yet ;) ) mainly because speedwave was down and it was testing all day, but i will do some soon!
Jamie

smilealways wrote:No changes in Astro storm or Terror Castle. I didn't make any videos (yet ;) ) mainly because speedwave was down and it was testing all day, but i will do some soon!
Ah okay. A shame that there aren't any changes, they usually make a few small changes (especially in Terror Castle).
I'm visiting in May. Looking forward to it, last year I got over 50 rides on Astro Storm! :twisted:
Eirdy

50 rides!!!
I only went on it for the first time on opening day, I went on it 5 times. I think its amazing! Would love to see it with lights on.
Guessing you live local sam?
Jamie

smilealways wrote:50 rides!!!
I only went on it for the first time on opening day, I went on it 5 times. I think its amazing! Would love to see it with lights on.
Guessing you live local sam?
If you mean me then no I don't live near Brean but I go there once a year.
Yeah Astro Storm is amazing, it's surprisingly slick and professional for a park of Fun City's size.

Surely if you hadn't been on it before this year then you can't be sure if there are any changes though?
Eirdy

Sorry I was half asleep when I posted, hence me calling you sam! My friend who went on before said nothing had changed but not sure if thats true! I called you sam because I had just spoken to sam198 in the Funderworld thread.
Sorry Jamie!
Jamie

smilealways wrote:Sorry I was half asleep when I posted, hence me calling you sam! My friend who went on before said nothing had changed but not sure if thats true! I called you sam because I had just spoken to sam198 in the Funderworld thread.
Sorry Jamie!
Haha no problem, and okay - I'll find out for myself in May! :P
Eirdy

Didnt go Saturday to see fireworks but I bet there were a lot of sad people as extreme was in half! I am guessing this was due to high winds? Was it busy on Saturday as firework nights useally are?
ThrillJunkie

I was also going to go along but the rain started to pour down so we went along the road and watched the live entertainment in there instead, Still had a good night.

I did notice Extreme was down. Not sure why.
ThrillJunkieUK
Eirdy

Hey, I will very likely be going to brean over the weekend to make some videos for youtube. Sorry in advance if I dont get round to it!
Jamie

smilealways wrote:Hey, I will very likely be going to brean over the weekend to make some videos for youtube. Sorry in advance if I dont get round to it!
Is Speed Wave open yet?
Eirdy

Yes Speedwave is open, are you going to go on it?! I have filmed the videos, just need to edit them and upload them!
Jamie

smilealways wrote:Yes Speedwave is open, are you going to go on it?! I have filmed the videos, just need to edit them and upload them!
Cool, yeah I'm going in May. I know it opened last year, I just heard that it had been closed at the start of this season.
Just another quick question, are the bumper boats now included in the wristband?
Eirdy

Yup, everything except the laser thing, crazy golf and go karts are now on the wristband.

Speedwave was having some 'teething problems' after its referb but is open now, but seems to be running kinda slow? (or it might just be me!).

Just as a side note: the mobile stage you seen in my closed season photos is now set up where the water walkers used to be and a very "happy" man called John Sprung presents a half hour sooty show everyday at 3pm for free! You can still have your photo taken with "oversized" sooty, but thats now at 1 pm

Quick Question:
Is Terror Castle the original Ghost Train Richard built or is that a newer one?
ThrillJunkie

Terror Castle is the original ghost train that Richard designed. He still makes small improvements to the ride every now and then but it's mostly the original ride.

So where have the water walkers gone now? I do like the idea of a daily show as it helps integrate "Sooty" into the park but seems odd that Richard isn't putting on the shows himself as he is "the puppet master".
ThrillJunkieUK
Eirdy

Yeah, Richard is doing the tour though.

I think the water walkers are in storage or have been sold as they aren't on park anywhere, I am not sure why they aren't there because there is more than enough space for them, maybe they will be out in the summer?