Intamin Mega-Lite: Perfect coaster for the UK?

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
themealgang

Intamin are known for AirTime, and I can't help but look at their coaster catalogue with one ride sticking out as not only  being first class but perfect for the UK with the battles parks face with planning and height restrictions ect...This coaster being the much celebrated Mega-Lite. Standing just over 100ft tall, it combines the best bits of the Giga and Hyper coaster and shrinks it down to a small package and coaster experience. Not many have been built with the closest one to the UK being situated in Denmark, but enthusiasts who have ridden one have raved about their insane airtime.

This would be perfect for the UK market. Not sure how much they cost to put in, but it would suit Okawood's or even Drayton's surroundings perfectly and would really put them back on the worlds coaster map. With airtime and low height restrictions, surely this coaster is screaming for a new home in the UK!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Burniel

I would agree with everything you've said, the uk needs this!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Gorrock

Agree completely, I've always thought Oakwood should get a Mega-Lite, seen as they can't afford a B&M or any other more-expensive coaster.
''To many, no doubt, he will seem somewhat blatant and bumptious, but we prefer to regard him as being simply British'' - Oscar Wilde

Fragga

Gorrock wrote: Agree completely, I've always thought Oakwood should get a Mega-Lite, seen as they can't afford a B&M or any other more-expensive coaster.
I don't think mega lites are exactly cheap these days either, Intamin has grown into a company which is now probably on par with B&M in terms of engineering and ride designs...if anything Intamin have surpassed B&M with innovative designs over the last few years.

True B&M may still be the Ferrari of the rollercoaster world in terms of cost, but Intamin isn't exactly Renault Clio prices.

In short I don't see Oakwood getting a mega lite, it would be a huge investment for the park and given Oakwoods location I don't seem them getting a good ROI spending that kinda money.