Thorpe Park Resort - The Future

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
ImURNemesis

AJLlama wrote: I may face death by Stoning, but i'd rather they returned the fireball to tidal wave....
Agreed, bring it back!
Adam

From what I remember hearing, rumor has it, that may be brought back at some point if all goes to plan.

What with The Swarm's fire effects now operational, Thorpe are obviously serious about fire effects...
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Chaz

Adam wrote: From what I remember hearing, rumor has it, that may be brought back at some point if all goes to plan.

What with The Swarm's fire effects now operational, Thorpe are obviously serious about fire effects...
And with the actual ball being covered in scaffolding last closed season I would say it will be reinstated now there is a gas supply installed again.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
spark

Was it not that it now doesn't work but in fact because a rare bat colony has taken residence inside and they have to wait until they leave?
SwEDEN

spark wrote: Was it not that it now doesn't work but in fact because a rare bat colony has taken residence inside and they have to wait until they leave?
I swear the bat colony has seaked residence in the Amity water tower and not in the ball, so the fire effect does not have any impact and therefore can be successfully implemented any time Thorpe desires.
Nightfall

SwEDEN wrote:
spark wrote: Was it not that it now doesn't work but in fact because a rare bat colony has taken residence inside and they have to wait until they leave?
I swear the bat colony has seaked residence in the Amity water tower and not in the ball, so the fire effect does not have any impact and therefore can be successfully implemented any time Thorpe desires.
To my knowledge you are correct that the bats are in the water tower and not the ball.

From asking around I am under the impression that the gas storage which services The Swarm has also been linked into Tidal Wave (hence why it had scaffolding around it this closed season). However due to Tidal Wave's fire effect not being used in a long time it is not in an operational condition. I've heard though that they plan to fix or replace it this closed season. Given how long the effect took to get approval for The Swarm I think it’s fair to say that this isn't a job they can do overnight (especially considering the soaking that area gets).

This is however only what I’ve heard so don't be too disappointed if it turns out not to be true.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Chaz

^this is what I've heard too.

And yes, those bats are in the water tower.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
SwEDEN

So who here thinks that the 2013 attraction will in some way be linked with THE SWARM?
RollercoasterGEEK100

Okay. To state 1st. I think the 2015 coaster might have something to do with the swarm. I think the 2013 ride will be something to do with NEMESIS INFERNO. Thats my idea anyway.  :|

Credit to NemesisRider
Adz
Admin
Admin

Nope^

No future additions to Thorpe Park have anything to do with Nemesis Inferno. The Swarm is another matter but I have no idea how far along in planning that went.

The 2015 rollercoaster will have its own theme unrelated to anything else in the park at the moment.
SwEDEN

Adz wrote:
The 2015 rollercoaster will have its own theme unrelated to anything else in the park at the moment.
The chances of it having some kind of destruction theme which involves shipping containers seems plausible :p
JoshC.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why is there an assumption Thorpe are getting a new addition next season?

Don't get me wrong, I'd be surprised if there wasn't something new next season, or at least, something to add onto Swarm (as Thorpe do like advertising a new coaster for two seasons), but this assumption that that there will be something new confuses me a bit..
Who is Lez Cougan?
I am Lez Cougan.
We are Lez Cougan.
Adam

Next year is a medium investment year, therefore something on the scale of Sub Terra will potentially be installed.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
JoshC.

As I say, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a new attraction, as it is a medium investment year.  Just don't think that it's something to be taken as a certainty at this stage..
Who is Lez Cougan?
I am Lez Cougan.
We are Lez Cougan.
jackgcse

They will give Experiment 10 a permanent home within Thorpe Park, so they can store all their shipping containers in one attraction! LOL! I joke...But to be honest, what are they going to put in, that will not get annoyed in the end of the day!?
Pennywise

From what I've heard, next years attraction will almost certainly be Vengeance 5D, or a variation of the attraction. It is not included in the plans for the Dungeons' relocation and will therefore be looking for a new home. The 4D cinema previously housing Time Voyagers is a probable location, I'd say.

Could've been misinformed though!
Last edited by Pennywise on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boz

D4n wrote: From what I've heard, next years attraction will almost certainly be Vengeance 5D, or a variation of the attraction. It is not included in the plans for the Dungeons' relocation and will therefore be looking for a new home. The 4D cinema previously housing Time Voyagers is a probable location, I'd say.

Could've been misinformed though!
it's definitley the most plausible rumour circulating at the moment. but there are also a couple of other rumours floating around. Most of these are started by the development team to intentionally put people of the scent. I've got first hand experience of this myself during my time working there. One guy on development (who shall remain nameless for obvious reasons) who i chatted to a lot, said they were considering a flying coaster for what is now Saw's site, whilst my team leader at the time had been told by the same person, they were considering a hyper coaster that would circumnavigate the park. The point is it could be any of these things, or more likely, none of them.
But should they move Vengeance to thorpe, is the 4D cinema building the most likely spot? And if it is, what are they going to theme it to?
Adz
Admin
Admin

The Vengeance relocation is one of the things I have heard as well. If it is what they have chosen you can expect it to receive considerable enhancements from the version seen at the dungeons currently.

Other options included a medium sized flat ride (could be located on multiple sites within the park) and a 'Swarm' themed horror maze addition. Likely to be a retheme (and probable relocation) of Saw Alive.

If anything is coming which requires construction of any kind then expect a planning application within the near future...
Last edited by Adz on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrReeve

When i went slammer was closed and had tarpaulin over it. Maybe they will create a new small side attraction
Image credit to Lewis97
Adz
Admin
Admin

Slammer is currently undergoing some extensive work to see if it can be reopened. I personally don't think it will but it seems Thorpe Park aren't willing to give up on it just yet!