Thorpe Park Resort - The Future

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
HFantasma

Makes sense having one. Nemesis Inferno fast track kiosk is causing congestion and Dome, well Dome is never open when Im on park! Makes it easier if you don't want to join the normal que to get your fast track there rather than having to go across park and get one.
Next Trip: Alton Towers 16/17 October!
SwEDEN

they better theme the kiosk well!
Adz
Admin
Admin

It's a Merlin Magic Making theming addition.

Yes, you've read that correctly. Merlin are adding additional theming to a ride once its already opened... It should look pretty nice when completed.
dominoes

The Kiosk would be awesome! The last time I went to Thorpe Park, there was a queue right out of the entrance of the Nemesis Inferno Kiosk. Also, it would be great to have 2 kiosks on either side of the park.
SwEDEN

Adz wrote: It should look pretty nice when completed.
But do you know what 'it' will be?
bensaund

I hope it is not a fast track kiosk,  I'm fully against the whole idea of people with more money get to push in front of people who have already paid to get into the park. Fast track kiosk is just a money making exercise and it makes theme parks into a 1st and second class society, those who can afford it, get to ride more, those who just pay the standard entry get walked on.

A virtual queue system would be much fairer as everyone can get allocated time slots, so you can go and enjoy something else rather than spend 90 mins in a queue. But there is no money in it for M£rlin.
If you go down to the woods today
dominoes

^I love fast tracks! That's like saying that they shouldn't sell photos, because it is just letting people with money remember their experience better than people without money.
bensaund

Fast tracks are only good if you have the money for it.

As for selling photos, you have the option to buy or not, with fast tracks, you have no choice over the number of queue jumpers go in front of you.
If you go down to the woods today
Nightfall

Fastrack is immorally wrong because the product they are selling is other people's time. Buying a photo is a decision that doesn't affect anyone else, unless it isn't your photo...

However from a business perspective Fastrack is very profitable and so unlikely to go away. Anyway there are a few good uses for it, for example if you are only able to visit a park once and so purchase Fastrack to make sure you get on everything that seems like a good enough reason to me.

However this is all beside the point. This will not be a Fastrack kiosk as Adz has very kindly informed us that it will be a theming addition. Adz generally knows what he is on about in these matters, although I expect that is all he can tell us. I say good on Merlin for doing this. I still wish they’d make more post completion changes to rides that have been around longer than this year but this is a good sign that they are willing to make such additions.

I wonder if the location being under the lift hill is relevant  :?
[align=center]Image[/align]
HFantasma

Thorpe Park Mania just posted a photo of the new theming. Looks to be an ambulance that's been thrown and landed upright.
onair

Awesome, looks great. Stuff like this gets me excited.
Well done Thorpe Park, really shows they have a bit of passion for the park and its theming. Just get the fire effect sorted and I will be buzzing  ;)
Boz

where is this photo? I've just been over there and can't find it.
maybe one of you can post a link?
onair

Photo link from Thorpe Park Mania
Photo posted by from Ryan on Thorpe Park Mania
SwEDEN

Well that was unexpected!
dominoes

Am I the only one that thinks it really doesn't look that good? They could at least have crushed the bottom. If an ambulance was thrown, and landed on it's back, it would crumple up.
SwEDEN

my thoughts exactly, yet do we know yet if it's 100 percent finished, do we know if more of the crushed effect could be added on later?
ImURNemesis

Nice to see that Merlin are adding more theming to there surronding attrations. Could this be the start of something? I'm thinking, could they added more theming to SW7 when that's complete?
HFantasma

SwEDEN wrote: my thoughts exactly, yet do we know yet if it's 100 percent finished, do we know if more of the crushed effect could be added on later?
Personally I'd add a surround, like concrete so it looks like it's smashed a hole into the ground so hopefully they'll complete it with something like that.
spark

Shouldn't it have blacked out windows?
AJLlama

I may face death by Stoning, but i'd rather they returned the fireball to tidal wave....