Thorpe Park Resort - The Future

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
bensaund

After seeing the improvements to Nemesis Sub Terror at AT today, I have to say a dark ride on the Swarm Alien could work very well, if they can replicate the quality of Sub Terror and maybe step up the horror as TP is aimed at older people, then this could be a very good addition to the park. It wont be the next big coaster which we would all love, but it would add extra variety to the park.
If you go down to the woods today
Jammydodger

Yesterday on park I noticed a few people walking around in coats with TG Cruise Groundworks written on the back, one of them was walking around THE SWARM island with a measuring wheel. Perhaps this is related to 2013?
Chaz

bensaund wrote: After seeing the improvements to Nemesis Sub Terror at AT today, I have to say a dark ride on the Swarm Alien could work very well, if they can replicate the quality of Sub Terror and maybe step up the horror as TP is aimed at older people, then this could be a very good addition to the park. It wont be the next big coaster which we would all love, but it would add extra variety to the park.
*Terra

Sorry for being pedantic.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
dominoes

Jammydodger wrote: Yesterday on park I noticed a few people walking around in coats with TG Cruise Groundworks written on the back, one of them was walking around THE SWARM island with a measuring wheel. Perhaps this is related to 2013?
Oh that sounds good! Were they measuring as well? Or did they do something else?
SwEDEN

If they do end up putting a dark ride next to THE SWARM, I hope it will be like Duel and Tomb Blaster but where you have to shoot the Swarm creatures as they fly about, if they get it right it could be very good, but we will just have to wait and see!
Rollercoaster5000

Jammydodger wrote: Yesterday on park I noticed a few people walking around in coats with TG Cruise Groundworks written on the back, one of them was walking around THE SWARM island with a measuring wheel. Perhaps this is related to 2013?
Something I found whilst on park today....could this be related (if it is possible to develop a foundation overnight lol)? Image

The Studios North van has also returned. Image
This could either be a new theming element or it could be related to 2013  :?
Last edited by Rollercoaster5000 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoshC.

Thanks for posting those. :)

It also looks like Roast & Relish was blocked off; is that the case? :S
Who is Lez Cougan?
I am Lez Cougan.
We are Lez Cougan.
Jammydodger

Yeah that fenced off area was there too, although it was just a covered over area of rubble. They sure laid it all very fast! My only guess is that it'll be a small retail unit for food and drinks
Rocket

JoshC. wrote: Thanks for posting those. :)

It also looks like Roast & Relish was blocked off; is that the case? :S
Yesterday I ate at roast and relish do it wasn't blocked off :)
But maybe this whole is for a new theming feature based on the fact studios north is back.
SwEDEN

Thorpe Park Mania have just added a photo, another hole has been spotted, this time by the plane in the main plaza, yet again it is unclear of what will be occupying said hole, but hopefully it will all become clear soon!

Photo:

What do you guys think?
Saz

Here are my ideas in order of probability:

1) Gas/water pipe repair/maintanence
2) New piece of scenery/guest interaction with water effects
3) New food/retail kiosk
4) Early marketing for 2013 ride - once again, workers have unearthed something during a routine dig  :P

Should be interesting to see what this amounts to!
Yes it's a floating hedgehog.
Rollercoaster5000

SwEDEN wrote: Thorpe Park Mania have just added a photo, another hole has been spotted, this time by the plane in the main plaza, yet again it is unclear of what will be occupying said hole, but hopefully it will all become clear soon!

Photo:

What do you guys think?
Edit: that is the same hole, just shot from a different angle.

Roast and Relish was open yesterday. :)
Last edited by Rollercoaster5000 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwEDEN

Oh I feel embarrassed now :oops: I thought from one of the pictures, because of the plank of wood on the bridge that it was taken from a different angle :(
SwEDEN

Sorry to double post, but does anyone have any idea when this 'thing' will be finished?
The Moon

Excessive rain, reclaimed land, close to water. Foundation issues anyone? I'm sure because of the location it has been taken into account but surface water is very high for any time of year.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
dominoes

Saz wrote: Here are my ideas in order of probability:

1) Gas/water pipe repair/maintanence
2) New piece of scenery/guest interaction with water effects
3) New food/retail kiosk
4) Early marketing for 2013 ride - once again, workers have unearthed something during a routine dig  :P

Should be interesting to see what this amounts to!
1. Possibly. However, when I saw it, it appeared that they had put in new pipes, and surrounded it with fresh concrete.
2. Likely.
3. Doubt it, since it is a few meters from another kiosk.
4. Nah, don't think so...
bensaund

Whatever it is, it requires power as there is thick power cable coming out of one of the pipes
If you go down to the woods today
SwEDEN

bensaund wrote: Whatever it is, it requires power as there is thick power cable coming out of one of the pipes
So can we ensure that this is not just a routine gas repair, people on Facebook talk of it being some kind Swarm statue that squirts water, admittedly at this time it seems as if it's a plausible idea! 
HFantasma

A new fast track kiosk? There's been quite a few whispers of that going around.
Next Trip: Alton Towers 16/17 October!
SwEDEN

LOL! knowing M£rlin, a fastrack kiosk seems likely :p