Thorpe Park Resort - The Future

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
BigAl

I could see an Intamin ZacSpin suiting the Pleasure Beach more than Thorpe Park. The Pleasure Beach is cramped, doesn't offer any rides that are even remotely similar and they haven't had a thrill ride for a few years now.
Johno

Small investment year.

I'm 75% certain we'll see a Swarm themed dark ride attraction regarding scientific experiments into the effects of the swarm.
CoasterCrazyChris

You can pretty much guess what it will be about - they've captured one of the 'swarm' and stuck it in a tank to do tests on it....the lights go of and it escapes.

Other than that it'll probably just be another Sub-Terra.

Probably built where that hospitality tent is now just before the Swarm island bridge.

:)
SwEDEN

Unfortunately most dark rides don't look that good from the outside, hate to be negative about it, but I think it's true :(
CoasterCrazyChris

^Same could be said about SAW:Alive...
SwEDEN

It could be something like Tomb Blaster at Chessington, where you have to shoot the swarm creature's by using laser guns, could be fun and a really interactive attraction :)
AstroDan

I don't think we will see anything relating to Swarm. I can see the Time Voyagers theatre being used.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
AdrenalineAlex

Well let's just say it's going to be a dark ride related to the Swarm, if that's the case, when can we be expecting the first new shipping container to arrive :P
SwEDEN

Is there any chance of Thorpe getting one of these or is it to like Samurai? Or would the capacity be to low making it a throughput nightmare?

PeteB

Capacity does seem a bit low at only 16 per ride cycle!
SwEDEN

I'm sure if Thorpe wanted this they could talk to Fabbri about capacity and ask if a custom model could be built with more seats specifically for them!
The Moon

There is also the slight issue of it being a ghetto piece of junk from a ghetto junky company.  :shock:

On topic, removal of Slammer, Giant Frisbee.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
SwEDEN

Does anyone know when we received the plans for Storm Surge and Saw Alive? I'm just wondering if this will give us a brief idea of when we can expect to see the plans for the 2013 attraction being released.
Boz

with only basic research, and going by memory, i think Storm Surge was september 2010.
DeanGaryCox

if they do have a 2013 swarm attraction i can see it being another temporary attraction to keep numbers up for another 2 years... before the 2015 coaster!
Image 2014
jackgcse

I know it would not happen but I could see a launched tower flat ride being used within the Swarm area, I.E. fire effects to symbolize the explosion! However that would never be! LOL
TB2

SwEDEN wrote: Does anyone know when we received the plans for Storm Surge and Saw Alive? I'm just wondering if this will give us a brief idea of when we can expect to see the plans for the 2013 attraction being released.
Smaller rides don't need as much planning depending on where the rides are going. For instance Slammer and Rush's planning permission went in around August 2004, whereas Samurai's was in May 2003.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

dominoes

jackgcse wrote: I know it would not happen but I could see a launched tower flat ride being used within the Swarm area, I.E. fire effects to symbolize the explosion! However that would never be! LOL
Really? Well I could almost see something like the Roboarms that were planned for the Dark Forest at Alton Towers.
SwEDEN

Could we ever see Thorpe getting one of these:

It's got a high capacity, looks good and could be the kind of thing i'd expect to see from Thorpe's ever growing line up. Also another thought could be this:

Yet again it's able to hold a high capacity of people, it look's good, and i've ridden it myself so i'm able to say it can pack one hell of a punch!
Boz

I'll have to take your word on the second one, because both don't really look like the sort of thrill thorpe tend to look for. they're not really "showy" enough, and look kinda dull. thorpe managment would want proper theme park rides, as opposed to travelling rides, due to the issues they have had with Detonator, Quantum and Samurai, and i don't think either of your two examples have static versions (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong).

now what i would love to see, and would probably complement the park really nicely, is a good, tall, high capacity spin doctor :) I went on the one one brighton pier, and IMO, that gives an adrenalin rush as good as stealth