Thorpe Park Resort - The Future

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Craig

[quote=""mattbailey""]If the new rapids is the same as the one at LWV I will be seriously disappointed.

I HATE that ride, all it does is give one person a complete soaking and then douches everyone else's arse through the drainage holes. Complete fail ride design.[/quote]

Totally different to those rapids Matt. In fact, they're not really rapids as you would normally expect them to be. The boats themselves are flexible (they're just huge inflatable rings) and don't just float down a channel but can go partially up the side of the channel on the way down the slide part. If they're anything like Asterix's then you're unlikely to get wet at all on them. They can be pretty thrilling due to the novelty of the ride.
DiogoJ42

Oh.
God.
No.
#-o
[Archive]

And if you text the code,a message is returned asking if you would like to "grab a 2011 tkt" to "B1 of the 1st 2 ride" their "INSANE new ride that'll send U spinning!"

Shall I kill myself now? Before all the status updates come flooding in with "OMG! Hav u herd about THORPE's new rid? It lks SICK;!1" :punch:

On a lighter note, the rust and chains hint at a bit of Amity Cove theming. I hope. I hope.
mattbailey

[quote=""Craig""][quote=""mattbailey""]If the new rapids is the same as the one at LWV I will be seriously disappointed.

I HATE that ride, all it does is give one person a complete soaking and then douches everyone else's arse through the drainage holes. Complete fail ride design.[/quote]

Totally different to those rapids Matt. In fact, they're not really rapids as you would normally expect them to be. The boats themselves are flexible (they're just huge inflatable rings) and don't just float down a channel but can go partially up the side of the channel on the way down the slide part. If they're anything like Asterix's then you're unlikely to get wet at all on them. They can be pretty thrilling due to the novelty of the ride.[/quote]

So it's a flume then? Fail.
Blaze

Excuse me while I vomit.

Look Thorpe, just because most of your customers are filthy scum chavs, doesn't mean you have to be. You are only going to encourage them to continue to be scum chavs with a negative IQ and complete disgraces to all that the rest of humanity have strived to achieve.

:sick:
CoasterCrazyChris

Is this an existing ride they are getting? If so does anyone know what colour it is?

:)
Johno

With this new rapid ride, could this be a hint that they are removing Rumba?
Islander

[quote=""Johno""]With this new rapid ride, could this be a hint that they are removing Rumba?[/quote]
This isn't really a rapids ride, though - it's comparable, yes, but it's very different. In fact I'd go as far to say that it's more similar to Depth Charge than Rumba Rapids...
El Patricko

West midlands safari park have a similar, if not identical ride.

It's awfull, a bore from start to finish and a cop out to boot. I would rather they leave the space empty than have "storm surge" from cypruss gardens blighting the area.

Thorpe park is starting to look like "that park" we all built as noobs on RCT :P
"If Alton Towers get a shrek 4d attraction next year i, El Patricko will eat a steak garnished with pond weed"

Officially, "the first man out on the town in shorts 2011"
ReZourceman

Amity Cove theming? So they'll just leave it as it is straight out of storage then, a bit rusty and paint falling off. :p
Khanage

This ride is not the same as the rapids ride at WMSP, or even that similar. The Wild River Rafting ride at WMSP looks to be like a Reverchon travelling rapids ride similar to the one at LWV. Storm Surge is a Spinning Rapids Ride made by WhiteWater West, it is much taller than the Reverchon models and offers a different ride experience. Internet reviews for this ride seem very positive.

[url=http://www.whitewaterwest.com/spinning_rapids.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.whitewaterwest.com/spinning_rapids.html[/url]

Compared to:

I personally think this will be a great addition to Thorpe Park. You can't expect them to build massive rides year on year so this fits nicely.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

[Archive]

By the way, Thorpe Park are asking names (I doubt they will use any suggestions though) on Hub Mania.

While they were there, they revealed the 'backstory' to the ride. And yes, it will be an extension of Amity Cove! :mrgreen: I only hope they have good theming to make it fit in.

[quote=""Thorpe Park""]The hillbilly residents of Amity have taken advantage of the recent tidal wave and have created an insane, sky-high, spinning water ride.[/quote]
Khanage

Spinning Rapids Ride

Dear Joe:

We are glad to confirm you that our Spinning Rapids Ride is a very safe ride and does not has caused any accidents and injuries since we started operating in 1999.

As we have got the raisers at any point of the fiberglass section the German TUV approved the ride even for the youngest children.

For HANSA-PARK as the only Theme Park in Germany which is located directly at the Sea and which is situated in one of the most traditional German holiday regions for families this is a very important advantage of this ride.

Since installation of the Spinning Rapid Ride is the most popular family ride in our Park which has now got over 35 rides including four roller coasters and two flume rides.

Thank you again for your very fair cooperation!

Best regards,

Andreas Leicht, CEO
Some good words about the ride from Hansa Park. I think it shall be a good addition.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

ReZourceman

The hillbilly residents of Amity have taken advantage of the recent tidal wave and have created an insane, sky-high, spinning water ride.

I don't like the sound of that. It sounds like the theming is literally "home made" that has potential to be a massive cop out. Hmmm. Well I'll remain positive for now.
[Archive]

I highly doubt that. Reading into it too much perhaps? This is a Merlin park, not Gullivers Land. :wink:
CoasterCrazyChris

Oh, how inventive. They "took advantage" of the situation did they? :lol:

Goodness me, I reckon they have more important things to worry about than building a ride for fun! (Like the imminent threat of the next tidal wave, shark attack and of course preserving their homes).

LOL.

:P

Very interesting to see how Thorpe Park themselves actually ask the enthusiasts of TPM on their thoughts for a new ride name - shame Alton Towers don't...

:)
Islander

[quote=""CoasterCrazyChris""]Very interesting to see how Thorpe Park themselves actually ask the enthusiasts of TPM on their thoughts for a new ride name - shame Alton Towers don't...[/quote]
You are of course assuming that they'll pay the blindest bit of attention to what people say...
Elliot

[quote=""CoasterCrazyChris""]

Very interesting to see how Thorpe Park themselves actually ask the enthusiasts of TPM on their thoughts for a new ride name - shame Alton Towers don't...
[/quote]

I remember that The Ultimate @ LWV was named in a competition over a radio show. I find it interesting, although of course I've put a few suggestions forward. They say the prize is bragging rights, which of course would be great to have named a new ride, but I reckon they will invite the winner to have the first ride on it. Also wouldn't go a miss on a CV when applying for a job in Merlin in a few years :D
Blaze

Alton don't get us to name rides, but they do listen to us a lot in regards to the more important stuff.

And a survey gave us the name of Thirteen, and ballsed up the marketing campaign they had at the time which was all about demons :P
Oblivion_

I think I'm going to TP for Halloween this year, and I normally don't go on mazes, as things jumping out at me is too scary :l

Anyway, what happens in the SAW - The Ride queue, and is there any certain times it happens, or was it all day last year?
Confirmed \'09:

Alton Towers, April 7th
Thorpe Park, Summer
Alton Towers, Scarefest

Unconfirmed \'09:

Wicksteed Park (D:)
Chessington, WoA