Kings Island

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
danwhit709

Kings Island have revealed that a new major addition to the park will be opened in 2014 with a more detailed announcement tomorrow. Will cedar fair build another B&M Wing Rider or go for something else? Either way, it will be a 'record breaker' so it's going to be something quite special.
Last edited by danwhit709 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Altontowersbarlow

themealgang

Some screenshots of Kings Island's homepage were leaked yesterday on some forums. Looks like it could be named after their legendary Arrow swinging coaster: 'The Bat' and will be a WingRider from B&M. Rumour has it that it will break some sort of WingRider inversion/height record, but who knows what they are actually going to unveil. It is an exciting time for Kings Island... guess everything will become clear tomorrow.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Alex

That was evidently a rumour released by the park to throw people off, also why would they want to break the Wingrider record when they have only just broken it at Cedar Point. The rumour I have heard is that it is a B&M Invert that will be called Banshee
lewis97
Admin
Admin

If this video is genuine, then I would say that the plans are or a wing rider, as it doesn't seem compact enough to be an invert.

Also, I have counted 6 inversions on the plans, and using a video of a NL recreation someone has made, which would be the record of the most inversions on a wing rider. Gatekeeper only has 5.

That's my opinion, but there's only just over another hour to wait so we shall find out soon...
danwhit709

Shame the announcement is at 3 in the morning for us  :cry:
Kings island tweeted this yesterday:
"Everything is ready to fly for tomorrow night's 10pm announcement.  #KingsIsland2014" could this mean a flyer, but still probably a wing rider.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Well I was completely wrong as Kings Island have announced that their 2014 coaster will be the world's longest inverted coaster, called Banshee.

It is a layout which features 7 inversions, including an immelmann, a couple of loops, a zero g roll, a barrel roll and a batwing.

Like with Gatekeeper, Cedar Fair have revealed everything including releasing this rendered on-ride POV, along with the ride's minisite here.
Alex

*cough*
Spiderpig wrote: That was evidently a rumour released by the park to throw people off, also why would they want to break the Wingrider record when they have only just broken it at Cedar Point. The rumour I have heard is that it is a B&M Invert that will be called Banshee
danwhit709

Well done spiderpig ;) So finally the first inverted hyper! I've always wanted one and now it's been done, and in style too! And unless i'm mistaken, that is the first barrel roll on a B&M invert so it should be interesting too see how that works out
Owen

There changing all the restraints!

All I can say is...Wow  :shock:
Last edited by Owen on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex

Forgive me for being blind but I cant see where the barrel roll is on the track :-k Could someone point it out to me
danwhit709

Thrillmad wrote: There changing all the restraints!
So they are... Wing rider restraints on an invert should be fantastic! Apart from the problems I had with wing rider restraints when going that speed. NOT PLEASANT
Owen

Spiderpig wrote: Forgive me for being blind but I cant see where the barrel roll is on the track :-k Could someone point it out to me
Right at the end before the helix, after the dive loop

It'd be cool if they found a way to change the roar of the inverts, to a wail like the one in the trailer
Last edited by Owen on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex

Thrillmad wrote:
Spiderpig wrote: Forgive me for being blind but I cant see where the barrel roll is on the track :-k Could someone point it out to me
Right at the end before the helix, after the dive loop

It'd be cool if they found a way to change the roar of the inverts, to a wail like the one in the trailer
Thanks for that, looking at the plans I couldnt see it at first. Boy that is going to be intense!
Sam198

I really can't be arsed to make my point all over again, so I'm just gonna post the SB for y'all. :P
[Edit] [Delete] Sam198 [09:47AM]: If it 'aint broke, don't try to bloody fix it!
[Edit] [Delete] Spiderpig [09:47AM]: Ah ok
[Edit] [Delete] infusionfan2 [09:47AM]: http://www.google.co.uk/search?c...%3B478
[Edit] [Delete] Sam198 [09:47AM]: Just lots of issues with the restraints tightening excessively on riders, leading to massive discomfort
[Edit] [Delete] infusionfan2 [09:46AM]: tbh they look like the new Vekoma SLC restraints...just me?
[Edit] [Delete] Spiderpig [09:45AM]: What happened to that?
[Edit] [Delete] infusionfan2 [09:45AM]: they look horrendous.
[Edit] [Delete] Sam198 [09:45AM]: Gatekeeper proved that much
[Edit] [Delete] Sam198 [09:45AM]: But those restraints as they are simply don't do high positive Gs
[Edit] [Delete] Sam198 [09:44AM]: Yus
[Edit] [Delete] Spiderpig [09:44AM]: wow that is going to be intense
[Edit] [Delete] Spiderpig [09:44AM]: Ah now I see it
[Edit] [Delete] Spiderpig [09:43AM]: ta I couldnt see it on the plans for some reason
[Edit] [Delete] Sam198 [09:43AM]: Before the helix into the breaks
[Edit] [Delete] Sam198 [09:43AM]: The final inversion
[Edit] [Delete] Spiderpig [09:42AM]: Where is the inline twist?
[Edit] [Delete] infusionfan2 [09:41AM]: Worlds first dislikeable B&M.
[Edit] [Delete] infusionfan2 [09:41AM]: I now dislike a B&M.
[Edit] [Delete] infusionfan2 [09:41AM]: OH god
[Edit] [Delete] Sam198 [09:31AM]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?fea...fG_ELc ?!
[Edit] [Delete] Sam198 [09:29AM]: And vest restraints. Really B&M? Really?
[Edit] [Delete] Sam198 [09:29AM]: That inline twist looks positively disgusting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?fea...tpA7XM
RollercoasterGEEK100

Okay! Them restrains are ugly for a B&M invert and also it could do with a Pre-drop because it doesn't look like a B&M it looks like an SLC... And an inline twist for an invert, seriously. Ugly B&M invert.

Credit to NemesisRider
RCandrew

What do the restraints look like??
Alex

They are similar to wingrider restraints

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FUUwfG_ELc
Last edited by Alex on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joshysqaushy

Why is everyone bashing it before it has even been built? its like the smiler all over again (other than the fact that this is kings island) I actually love the way this invert looks :)
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
RCandrew

I love the look and they restraints I find very comfortable :)
Last edited by RCandrew on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.