Best Rollercoaster in the world?

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
danwhit709

Obviously not many people have ridden them all, but out of the ones you have, which was the best?

Mine is MIllenium Force. The first drop is hard to beat and the constant speed throughout the ride is incredible! awesome airtime and the lap bars make such a huge difference to the ride experience.
Maseyg123

This is a toughie even though I have only ever ridden roller coasters at three theme parks (alton, blackpool, and camelot)... but I would probably have to say... THE BIG ONE!!
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...
Jack

Either Nemesis or The Smiler, best I have ever ridden
Themeparksandy1981

Mine a close one but the best coaster I ridden in the world has got to be kraken at Sea World Orlando followed by Kumba at Busch Gardens Tampa.
RCandrew

Only been in the UK And disneyland (parc asterix tomorrow though!) but just now I find it a hard choice! But top 4 are th BIG one, Nemesis, the swarm and the smiler!!!
Dan

Mine's a toss-up between The Incredible Hulk at IOA and The Smiler.

At the minute I'd probably say Smiler, purely because it's 5 years since I rode Hulk, and I'm unlikely to ride it again any time soon :(
wrightiee

Shambala at Portaventura
Ripsaw Raver

Having ventured out to CA back in 2007 i would have to proclaim for love for X! that first drop going backwards looking  straight down to be flipped head over heels at the bottom was insane. Tatsu is probably my fave Flyer after riding Air-Manta and Tatsu. To say what the best in the world is i cant say because each delivers a unique different package.
But Nemesis-Tastu and X after all close contenders
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
ponder

Mine is Nitro at SFGA, which surprises some people. I just love the huge amounts of floaty airtime, the speed, the massive G's through the helix, the clamshell restraints and just how damn smooth it is.

Honourable mentions to Hulk, El Toro, Sheikra, Kraken and of course, Nemesis as well though.

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps
Danny

Sheikra -best dive
Montu- best invert
Manta-best flyer
Kraken- best floor less
Launch- Incredible Hulk
Robot arm- Harry potter
Inversions-smiler
Eurofighter- smiler
Alex.D

Best I have ridden....  :-k Hard one...
I would say Colossus at thorpe park or Nemesis.
I don't like american coasters as they are mainly about height and speed.
I prefer intensity and thats what gets me with these.
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
Henry

I'd say its out of El Toro, Millennium Force and Nitro, they are all amazing.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Fragga

I've been rather fortunate to of travelled around many parts of Europe, the US and East Asia and ride some coasters, for me i305 is just miles ahead of Millennium Force...as much as I like MF, I found it to be maybe a little overrated.

However best coaster I've ridden....I'd have to say El Toro, followed very closely by a coaster in the same park which is Nitro.

Also I'd have to give props to Nemesis, Maverick, iSpeed, Montu, Steel Dragon 2000 and Tatsu. 
Burniel

Not really a coaster but harry potter and the forbidden journey
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Dara

Furius Baco at PortAventura, closely followed by Shambhala at the same park  :D
ollboll9

I agree that America doesn't have the best coasters, yes they're tall and fast but I prefer unusual layouts and something that sets them apart from the rest. For that I'd have to say either The Smiler, 14 inversions itself is enough IMO never mind the intensity, high g's, near misses, quirky theme done well, one of the best queue lines of a coaster ever and the list goes on. But on the other hand there's Air, most comfortable restraints I have ever been in, nice and relaxing and puts you in a very good mood, and it's different to all other Flyers, there all really tall, big pretzel loops, a couple of turns and back in the station. However I think Maverick also is up there by the way it's just plain bonkers and never looses it's speed.
Poop. Always
Danny

For me, it's a rollercoaster that provides a stunning back drop as soon as you enter the park, and is a fantastic spectacle to watch at the same time. The surrounding theming [whilst there isn't exactly a lot of it] feels natural and blends in seamlessly with the ride and the area around it. The majority of the queue line has such a magical feel to it wipes the floor with almost anything this country has to offer when it comes to queuing.

Then there's the actual ride itself. It easily wins the best themed train design of it's make, and it's the only ride I have ever experienced where such a difference can be felt depending on where you sit. Sitting at the front offers a nice pop of thrills, but remains mainly calm and enjoyable throughout the duration of the ride. However sitting at the back offers intensity that for a brief moment, even Nemesis can't compete with.

And to top it all off, the collection of composed pieces for the ride's soundtrack is perfect in every way for it. Therefore, I will always stand by my view that Manta at Sea World Orlando is the greatest rollercoaster.
Alex

Ilovecoasters wrote: Not really a coaster but harry potter and the forbidden journey
Hang on.... you have been on this???

On a separate note mine would probably be The Incredible Hulk Coaster just because you can't beat the launch into the zero g. But I can see this being surpassed by the Gringotts Bank Coaster when I get back over to America
Burniel

Ready_23 wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote: Not really a coaster but harry potter and the forbidden journey
Hang on.... you have been on this???
Errrr yeeeesss. It's my favourite ride in the world (on a par with the Simpsons ride)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
PhoenixStudios

Either The Smiler or Air.

Nemesis never really did it for me. Everyone said how fantastic it was and I must say it wasn't as good as I expected.

Maybe that's just because of the fact that we rode it first thing in the morning before I'd woken up at all :O

But on topic, either The Smiler or Air. The Smiler is just pure Fun, it's a ride you talk to your friends repeatedly saying 'Oh God!' on the lift hills, and the inversions are great. You probably retain your sense of purpose in the queue more than others because you get good views underneath the ride!

Air is the gentleman of them all, because of the comfy seats and retaining its smooth ride for over 10 years. I know not everyone loves it but I rank it very highly.
*Credit to Lewis97 for the awesome Signature!