Thorpe Park - Fright Nights

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Swarm Chris

Direct them over to Walking Dead: The Ride - Live! now that it's open again! :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Photos from Vulcan Peak and Platform 15 have now been posted on SouthParks Facebook...

jotemo87

Swarm Chris wrote:
jotemo87 wrote: According to the website: TWD:LN, Containment, Saw and Platform opens at 12pm, but once there they can vary their opening hour and open later?
Given they've stated the opening times this year, I believe these attractions should all open at 12pm every day. :)

Any on-the-day changes to those times should be limited to unforeseen issues only.
I bought ticket since they opened mazes at 12pm, but now they have changed opening hour of all mazes and now is at 3pm, what happened?
jotemo87

Justin wrote:I would strongly recommend Fastrack on really busy days though :)
Is it suposed to be a busy day this saturday? Well, taking into account, that I only can enjoy mazes from 3pm to 5pm, maybe is not a lot of people queueing for it at these hours?
Swarm Chris

jotemo87 wrote:
Swarm Chris wrote:
jotemo87 wrote: According to the website: TWD:LN, Containment, Saw and Platform opens at 12pm, but once there they can vary their opening hour and open later?
Given they've stated the opening times this year, I believe these attractions should all open at 12pm every day. :)

Any on-the-day changes to those times should be limited to unforeseen issues only.
I bought ticket since they opened mazes at 12pm, but now they have changed opening hour of all mazes and now is at 3pm, what happened?
I'm sorry to hear this. The park's advertisement of opening times and hours has been particularly poor this last month, with entire days suddenly being closed despite the park stating and then separately re-confirming they would be open.

My suggestion would be to tweet them if possible, saying you bought the ticket primarily to do the mazes based on their originally stated opening times and that you now only have two hours in the park when Fright Nights is in operation. Were you flying out after? If so add that and maybe they'll throw a couple of fast passes your way. At the end of the day you bought the ticket based on an advert from the park that now appears to no longer be true. Regardless of how flakey some of their advertisement has been, you shouldn't expect stated attraction opening hours to change on a whim, after the park has stated them so publicly. If they hadn't finalised the times then they simply should not have stated them, for this very reason.

It's hard to know just how busy this Saturday will be. It's meant to be the only wet day for the foreseeable future, so people may go another day instead. But it is also opening weekend, which may pull in those desperate to experience it. Fast track will be on offer on the day and can be bought online by scanning QR codes at the attraction entrances. Just be sure to check the return times it offers.

Otherwise I'd suggest keeping an eye out on the various reviews and opinions that should appear today, to determine a best route through the park. For indoor mazes, Walking Dead: Living Nightmare and Saw: Alive seem to have the best reviews so far, whilst Vulcan Peak has not received overly great reviews due to being hooded nearly the entire time. For outdoor Blair Witch has been enjoyed and has reportedly had good throughput during last week's test/preview. Platform 15 is another well liked maze.
Justin

So, I've just experienced Fright Nights 2018. By far the strongest maze was 'Do or Die' which felt like a traditional Thorpe Maze - a solid attraction with scares! Walking Dead: Living Nightmare was also good, but not the best and Blair Witch was fun. Platform felt like it was missing something at the end, and Dead Creak Wood was just a walk through!

Vulcan Peak, honestly, what were they thinking? I strongly recommend not to waste your time on it! It has to be one of Thorpe's worst attractions ever and I won't be doing it again tomorrow!! Such a disappointment.

Big Top Showtime was great fun. I think that may be my favourite thing of Fright Nights, along with Terror at Amity High. They are certainly standout attractions!

No 'The Walking Dead: The Ride Live' yet, and Fanta Twisted Carnival starts tomorrow.
DeadJack5

Just a quick post with some thoughts on the first public opening, a fuller more indpeth post will follow in a few days based on today and yesterday.

A few cons, the thing most feared has happened in that quantity over quality, not a lot of the mazes really stood out this year compared to last year where it felt better with the smaller amount.

The Walking Dead ride strangely had no actors, for a Ride where its based on horror and improves with actors, this did disappoint me. Especially since a FN mode was being trailed a few months ago.

Vulcan Peak is disgusting. It's extremely low quality and just appallingly bad. We had no interactions, no scares, no real idea of what's going on and no really motivation to do it again.

A few pros, Do Or Die was the strongest maze with a very nice change in preshow and Maze styling, it felt involving and at times extremely tense. I lead this run and was on edge for a large amount of the time compared to other attractions so a big plus here.

The Big Top Showtime is amazing. The live shows inside the Dome are extremely entertaining, funny and all in all satisfying seeing actors having fun inside. This also extends to the roaming section, excellent job in bringing the fun out into the open. This also is the same for Terror at Amity High, fun cast, great character and awesome at bring friendly but also scaring when needs be.

I'm on site again today so hopefully some of my worries can be resolved.
Swarm Chris

Disappointing to hear they did nothing with Walking Dead: The Ride. It sounded like they had extra actors in there during preview, so this is really odd.

The ride times page suggested they didn't open most of the scare mazes until around 3:40pm yesterday. Vulcan Peak had a lot of negative comments about this, which doesn't make sense given that seemingly nothing happens in there.

Will be heading to the park a little later, intrigued to see what the Fanta Twisted Carnival will be. Given its an externally produced temporary show that will travel the country after its two weekends at Fright Nights, I'm hopeful it might be quite good.

Plus they kind of updated the ride times listing late last night, although Vulcan Peak is still listed as I'm a Celebrity... :roll:

Edit: correcting the Walking Dead attraction name that I meant to reference. Far too many Walking Dead things this year! :lol
Last edited by Swarm Chris on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThemeCrafter264

Can I just ask DJ why you liked Do or Die so much? I haven't been to Fright Nights but it just looked like black walls (and less theming than Sanctum) and repetitive "scares".
DeadJack5

ThemeCrafter264 wrote:Can I just ask DJ why you liked Do or Die so much? I haven't been to Fright Nights but it just looked like black walls (and less theming than Sanctum) and repetitive "scares".
When you compare Do Or Die to the other maze attractions on offer, it's actually different and offers something more involving when venturing thru. I was creeped throughout, split from the group and made to push thru the maze against my will in a way that wasn't naff. It was good throughout, it was something different on offer and honestly one of the stronger attractions on a Fright Nights event which I felt was weaker than last years. It's a much needed improvement over Sanctum bearing in mind
Justin

Second day review...

I experienced Living Nightmare and Do or Die for the first time this weekend, and had repeat runs, and I must agree with DeadJack... Do or Die is by far the strongest maze there and is brilliant. It builds up the tension well and is brutal in places. The actors are on point!

Living Nightmare was good, but I didn't think much to it overall, although I experienced a few jumps from it. The biggest problem is that I could see the actors coming as there are limited hiding space. This actually applies to most mazes. More hiding is needed as currently the actors just stand there.

Because of my curiosity, we repeated Vulcan Peak (of Disappointment) and it was, well... still a disappointment! From no actors, we had one, who you could hear coming. I am sure they follow the group round for about 10 steps then disappear. It is a poor attraction which needs to go! So many people were exiting the maze disappointed.

Platform 15 needs to go too. It was good, but felt too long and drawn out. Dead Creak Wood is ok, but more scares needed and Screamplex is just weird and not in 4D!!! I also experienced the Fire Eaters at Stealth and they were good. It was a really nice show with lots of effects. It was like a firework display at times, with Stealth rushing past now and again!

Big Top Showtime and Amity High still standout for me. They are brilliant! The vampires interact so well with guests and Big Top Showtime (which runs every hour in the dome, before they roam) is just carnage at time. This was Fright Nights to me, and along with Do or Die, won the night!

We also done Fanta Twisted Carnival, and even though not a Thorpe maze, it was brilliant. The interaction with the Carnival Caller at the beginning to the actors inside was brilliant. The end room was very freaky and it got me!
Swarm Chris

As the culmination of The Year of The Walking Dead, my overall impression of Fright Nights this year was less nowhere is safe and more nowhere if fully staffed. Whilst I had some great interactions, especially with the roaming actors, it felt like an overly thinly spread event which may struggle to entertain when the peak Fright Nights crowds arrive.

Being a very wet and very cold day, only rode 4 rides as each gave a near Tidal Wave level of soaking. It should be noted that people were riding Tidal Wave and I can only imagine the hypothermia inducing levels of wetness that it would have caused. Inferno was running well, with a crazy amount of mist in the morning and a nice update to the audio that triggered when trains arrived and departed. Stealth had some frequent downtime and only ran a single train from about midday onwards, but was well staffed and it's new audio managed to demonstrate that the Stealth sound system has a decent bass speaker hidden away somewhere. Whilst The Swarm had it's staffing levels cut, with bag drop removed meaning bags had to either be hung from the fence in the painfully silent station, or left in a puddle. The station lacked any atmosphere at all, meaning the only notable sound being a new and very unhealthy sounding loud clunk when the middle of The Swarm's train reaches the lift hill. We tried to re-ride The Swarm later in the evening, but it was marked as Come Back Later, then Weather Delay, in the space of a few minutes. Looking into the station it was clear there were no attractions staff and seemingly no technical staff on-site, not even a greeter at the entrance gate or at the entry to Swarm Island, as is normal. It was also dry and the calmest it had been all day, making me not really believe the closure reasons and question whether they just simply didn't have the staff to operate the ride.

My favourite Fright Night attraction was ironically, the temporary and externally produced Fanta Twisted Carnival, with fantastically detailed sets and superb actors that adapted and ad-libbed within their roles, no matter what was thrown at them. Queued not long after it opened and there were some fairly major technical issues, which meant that it was operating at about 24 people per hour for it's initial run. It meant what looked like maybe a 10 minute queue, took well over 2 hours. The Fanta staff were brilliant in dealing with what must have been a stressful situation for them and had luckily brought a load of umbrella's with them to keep as many of us dry as possible. The greeter kept in character with us for nearly the entire time and the attractions operators were rushing around to fix the issues they were having. Was it worth waiting two hours for? Probably not, but I did end up having a lot of fun. The biggest annoyance was what we believe was the Thorpe media team, marching in and pushing a YouTuber or some Z-list "celebrity" to the front of the queue and then have them take their time to get the best shots. Given Fanta planned to close the attraction for re-working after they had cleared the remaining 4 groups, all of which had been waiting for over 2 hours and some of which had joined up to make the queue move quicker, it is fair to say no one was impressed that Thorpe staff just pushed in and didn't wait until after the final groups had been let through. I was happy to see later that they had resolved the issues and that it was working at a much more respectable capacity and really recommend visiting it if you are there either today or next Saturday/Sunday. After which, it will be removed and will no longer be part of the Fright Nights line-up.

Of the Thorpe mazes, Do or Die was a vast improvement on last years Sanctum, with a great start and some fun interactions. Platform 15 had really good ambience in the already dreary and wet weather, really loved walking through the old train path in the woods after crossing the water. Dead Creak Woods was a reasonable addition, but felt like a lite version of other mazes and didn't really offer anything that other mazes already do. Living Nightmare was far from their best incarnation, seemingly a mixture of two previous versions, although I found the referencing to the extremely short lived August temporary replacement version a nice touch.

Which leads us to Vulcan Peak of Disappointment, which Justin assures me is the official re-naming of the attraction. With the promise of Tribal Lords of the Jungle, chanting of an unknown language, the possibility of being sacrificed to the fires of Vulcan Peak and intriguing adverts like the one below, it all seemed like it should have been one of the headline attractions of this years Fright Nights.

All except for one thing: none of this happens. 

I'll put the following in spoiler tags, but really, if you queue for longer than 5 minutes without knowing the following, chances are peak disappointment will have been achieved by the time you are done with this attraction.
Spoiler
You get given a hood by regular Thorpe staff. You watch an extremely quiet video. You put the hood on. You hold a rope. You walk. Occasionally the rope goes up. Sometimes the rope goes down. Someone might whisper something into your hooded ear once. You take the hood off and hand them to another regular Thorpe staff member. You walk through some weird air bags. You leave with a sense of disappointment.
Having seen Vulcan Peak of Disappointment have delayed opening a few times, I really cannot imagine what they have been doing to improve or repair this. If this is closed when you visit, then don't feel short changed, it's not worth your time. 

The roaming actors are fantastic though. The Big Top Showtime event every hour in The Dome is fun to watch the craziness of what happens; the responses the actors make to people in the crowd are fantastic. They then generally roam the park and get up to all sorts of craziness wherever they end up. My best interaction with them was at the little tunnel you duck under near Tidal Wave. Three of them got in there and were being sure that everyone passing through minded their head, in their own unique way. The Amity Vampires at Stealth were brilliant and playful. I was chased, in a cartoon style way, around one of the Stealth support areas. The actors adapting to each group they came across so well.

Walking Dead: The Ride, really sad that they had no actors in there at all. This really highlighted my view that staffing was stretched far too thinly. This should have had some fantastic additions for Fright Night, but is sadly in its worst format of the entire season and as such was walk on nearly the entire day.

The day ended an hour later than planned, as just as we were leaving we spotted a fire performer walking through The Dome to go set up for their performance. We followed them to Stealth, where they then performed an awe inspiring show and a superb way to end the day. By far the best fire performers I've seen. Sadly I didn't get any photos as my phone/battery-pack had a little short circuiting issue earlier on in the day.

Overall it was fun, but it really felt like they needed more staff and more actors to do something as large and ambitious as they have set out to do this year. 
jotemo87

Swarm Chris wrote:
jotemo87 wrote:
Swarm Chris wrote: Given they've stated the opening times this year, I believe these attractions should all open at 12pm every day. :)

I'm sorry to hear this. The park's advertisement of opening times and hours has been particularly poor this last month, with entire days suddenly being closed despite the park stating and then separately re-confirming they would be open.

My suggestion would be to tweet them if possible, saying you bought the ticket primarily to do the mazes based on their originally stated opening times and that you now only have two hours in the park when Fright Nights is in operation. Were you flying out after? If so add that and maybe they'll throw a couple of fast passes your way. At the end of the day you bought the ticket based on an advert from the park that now appears to no longer be true. Regardless of how flakey some of their advertisement has been, you shouldn't expect stated attraction opening hours to change on a whim, after the park has stated them so publicly. If they hadn't finalised the times then they simply should not have stated them, for this very reason.

It's hard to know just how busy this Saturday will be. It's meant to be the only wet day for the foreseeable future, so people may go another day instead. But it is also opening weekend, which may pull in those desperate to experience it. Fast track will be on offer on the day and can be bought online by scanning QR codes at the attraction entrances. Just be sure to check the return times it offers.

Otherwise I'd suggest keeping an eye out on the various reviews and opinions that should appear today, to determine a best route through the park. For indoor mazes, Walking Dead: Living Nightmare and Saw: Alive seem to have the best reviews so far, whilst Vulcan Peak has not received overly great reviews due to being hooded nearly the entire time. For outdoor Blair Witch has been enjoyed and has reportedly had good throughput during last week's test/preview. Platform 15 is another well liked maze.
Thank you for all the info Swarm Chris. I tweeted them and they were very comprehensive with the situation and gave 2 fastpasses to my GF and me.
It was really a cold day, and the rain didn't stop till we come back to London. Despite of that we could enjoy a great day.
We arrive and went directly to Nemesis and then to The Swarm, which I read that was the very first rides to close due to wheater. While queueing for The Swarm started to hard raining, and my GF shoes got soaked, this was a drawback for the rest of the day. I don't understand why any TP queues had no roof.
Because of the weather, we also couldn't ride was Colossus, which was closed a lot of times during the day.
About Fright Nights, we could enjoy Saw, The Walking Dead and Platform 15, and I agree with you that they need more places to hide, even this we spent a great time in this 3 mazes. I'm sad that we could not enjoy Do or Die, which you say is the best, maybe the following year.
Thanks for everyting!
Swarm Chris

jotemo87 wrote:Thank you for all the info Swarm Chris. I tweeted them and they were very comprehensive with the situation and gave 2 fastpasses to my GF and me.
It was really a cold day, and the rain didn't stop till we come back to London. Despite of that we could enjoy a great day.
We arrive and went directly to Nemesis and then to The Swarm, which I read that was the very first rides to close due to wheater. While queueing for The Swarm started to hard raining, and my GF shoes got soaked, this was a drawback for the rest of the day. I don't understand why any TP queues had no roof.
Because of the weather, we also couldn't ride was Colossus, which was closed a lot of times during the day.
About Fright Nights, we could enjoy Saw, The Walking Dead and Platform 15, and I agree with you that they need more places to hide, even this we spent a great time in this 3 mazes. I'm sad that we could not enjoy Do or Die, which you say is the best, maybe the following year.
Thanks for everyting!
Glad you enjoyed your day! :)

It was very cold and wet on Saturday. My shoes survived, but the entire contents of my bag was soaked.
Dom

My review of Fright Nights can be found there. It does contain swearing so be warned. I've tried to be fair, but honest. 
DeadJack5

Over the weekend, I was able to attend Fright Nights on the 5th & 6th. Overall I was aiming to do the mazes a few times to get an overall idea of how the event operated and how far they have been able to stretch with the attractions/mazes. They had 11 designed attractions to try out and I was able to experience each one. How would Fright Nights compare to Scarefest and which would I find to be the better event?

I'll go through each attraction and review each one with relevant spoiler tags when needed.

Screamplexx Cinema:

We only got to experience 1 short film but it was as expected. The films are available online so if you aren't able to view one of these films then you'll be able to find them on Youtube. Nothing really surprising happens if I'm honest so don't expect too much.

Containment:

Containment was one of the experiences I was most excited to try out, having only done a single escape room, I couldn't wait to try out one with actors inside. Overall the experience appears to have remained unaltered (coming from the group who had experience it before) as expected. Actors inside were very good with distracting us but also helping us out if needs be. I wouldn't go back in a hurry as I feel until it's changed, I wouldn't see a need to return (having known the answers now!)

Vulcan Peak:

Ok, I'm not going to beat around the bush with this, this was the worst scare attraction I've ever experienced. Boring, uneventful, unfulfilling. I could go on but the main point is this: Vulcan Peak is a terrible maze, it could have had a great ending, it could have had a great hooded section, but it didn't. Everything inside was bad. I'm not going to explain what happens inside but tell you that we had a lack actors, lack of audio and a real lack of anything.

If you are daring to experience this, do it with a walk on queue. You'll thank me and the others who have warned you about it later.

Saw Alive:

A relatively unchanged maze that still entertains, the classic maze is back but yet it still does attract a crowd. We did a couple of runs and it remains unchanged but the scares were on top form, they were able take advantage when as much as possible. There isn't much more to say besides that they are still doing well with this maze. I'm unsure how much longer it will stay but I'm happy to have some good runs through this year.

The Walking Dead: Living Nightmare:

Another relatively unchanged maze for 2018, some script changes and changes to the beginning and end have been introduced but it's still unchanged. If I'm honest, It wasn't our best runs and felt like not a lot of interactions were had but this maybe me being spoilt with multiple re-runs of the Extreme version. Big up to the actors who picked on a guest who tried exiting early and made sure they were a target! Again, another year and another decent maze.

Deadcreek Woods:

A new(ish) maze for 2018, utilising the route from Zombie Hunt, If I'm honest it's a bit tame and not providing much different from other mazes like Platform 15 or Do Or Die (more on that later). No touching or personal interactions which was a bit disappointing. 
Spoiler
Nice little touches like a chainsaw mid course to catch you off guard was nice to have and using the checkpoint booth as a hiding space for actors to appear from was fun. The exit corridor/tunnel providing some close moments and the tight route was good to actors to come close but If I'm honest it just felt like a waste of actors being in this maze, the actors could have gone to something better (again, more later on that).
Blair Witch:

This is a tough one, having seen the build up, advertising and heard some of the reviews that this maze was getting; I really wanted this maze to be great. But the one run I had on it was let down. It was good but not as good as I hoped
Spoiler
It was a tight course with a lot of foliage setting the scene well, actors inside were good at getting the jumps right and hiding correctly which was good. The preshow was nice to give a brief story but it was Incredibly short. It just seemed so short and really let it down having the queue been how it was. The house at the end was a nice touch as it was incredibly difficult to see anything so the scares were great but it just didn't make up for the fact it was really short.) 
I feel if this maze was longer that it would have been a lot better but the fact it was really short and how quick you was in there just brings it down in my opinion.

Terror At Amity High:

One of two scare zones for this year, this is something you really shouldn't expect much but you get a lot in return! The actors are just fantastic in staying in character and providing some really funny chit chat complimented with some genuine running away when they try to chase you! Multiple times i was chased by an American football player for not letting him steal my blood and then the next second talking to cheerleaders about joining their clan or watching the actors and guests play a game of capture the flag! It was such fun to just sit down and watch how all the actors interact and it was fantastic.

Platform 15:

One of my personal favourites from last year returns with some changes to the story and ending for the better in my opinion and I must say this was my joint top favourite maze of the year. It was incredible.
Spoiler
The story now revolves around the tour but now including the story of a bride and groom and their terrible fate that laid before them. The village scene remains unchanged but had some really intense moments cornered by actors yelling at me and really making it difficult for me to continue. The cast in the 2 days I was there was really good and created some genuine scares and some tense moments. The ending tunnel is just as long as ever but now an actual end scene is added to make it feel more of an ending I guess? It's a bit cheesy but it works I guess as an ending. It's nice to see it be improved. 

The Big Top: Showtime

Believe the praise it has, the legacy of The Big Top has now been transformed into a scare zone/roaming actors and it's just as mad as ever. The show that happens every hour in the Dome is awesome to see everyone run in fear of the clowns invading and scare the hell out of everyone inside. The roaming side of it is incredible, no-one is safe when they are around. I saw them invade a few food outlets whilst people were eating and I must say it makes for an interesting sight. This needs to be return as a scare maze next year as it is fantastic, definitely one of the stronger attractions this year.

The Walking Dead: Do Or Die

The strongest maze of this year, It truly was different from the other mazes this year, it just felt stronger and more intense than the others. It was my personal favourite this year.
Spoiler
Starting on the bus is a great starting point and the pre show is just superb, probably the best preshow for a scare attraction I've ever seen. Continuing on it just improves and gains momentum, you meet more characters and gets more intense with more touching and more interactions as you proceed. I was picked on a lot through these runs; cornered, pinned, bullied and even my hat was stolen briefly! It all makes for a great mid course chainsaw run which catches you off guard completely. You think that's it but then you're hit with a final container which if done well, you're completely blind and helpless. 
It's strong and a massive improvement over its previous incarnation in Sanctum.

That's my maze reviews done and out of the 11 I experienced (Fanta's Twisted Carnival I did try and was very enjoyable but this is based on Thorpe's own mazes), 4 out of the 11 really stood out and 2 of those were the 2 scare zones.The fact that only 2 mazes really made me smile and stood out to me disappoints. Thorpe came into the scare season with a hefty amount of offerings have fallen short in my opinion and shown quantity should never be placed over quality.

Another note was that The Walking Dead: The Ride, Thorpe's own horror ride had no actors inside. To me, this is appalling seeing their own ride which utilises actors on days where they weren't needed not even have an actor inside really angers and disappoints me. The last time I rode this ride was when they trailed a Live/Fright Nights mode made specifically for this event and the fact they either chose not to have actors or just didn't have enough actors to support this is a big negative in my view.

The big question, Fright Nights or Scarefest? 
Scarefest wins this based on their offering impressing me more than Fright Night's line up and showed that less can mean more in the long run. Sure Thorpe has the screams and theming around park but that doesn't mean anything when half of your attractions are repetitive, short and understaffed. Cut out some of the mazes, have more actors in other attractions/rides and then you'll be along the right lines.
Justin

I think the event needs to be reworked again in some way and I think they could get away with another year of Walking Dead if they wanted too.

Do or Die, Terror at Amity High and Big Top can stay, although I would really like to see the BT maze return, alongside the show!
Make Walking Dead: Living Nightmare extreme again and add actors into TWD:TR.

Platform, Blair Witch and Dead Creak Wood can go, along with Vulcan Peak. Rework Saw slightly and introduce a new maze!
Swarm Chris

It will be interesting if they rework anything in the few closed days. I would guess if anything gets a quick fix, it will be Vulcan Peak of Disappointment. Although without adding whole new scenes, with actors like those in the promo pictures, there's probably nothing they can do other than get some regular Thorpe staff to just poke people as they shuffle through.

I did notice some procedural changes that I think will make a positive change to the event, which I didn't put earlier on. To me they seemed to be addressing some of the biggest complaints about Fright Nights, huge endless queues that don't match the stated time and groups spoiling it for others by queue jumping or being abusive.

The increase in Fast Track cost may make it's usage less. Whilst it was a quiet day on Saturday, I rarely saw the line in use at all. The adjustment to how the RAP system works as well, means they have a pre-allocated number of slots every 15 minutes, so there shouldn't be any cases of a large number of RAP users going to the same attraction at the same time and adding massively to the queue time. If all works as intended, queue times for the mazes should be a lot more predictable now.

Thorpe security has increased its numbers and are joined by what looks like a third party security contractor. The third party security are in high-vis jackets and staff most maze queues or busy areas. Additionally, the social media team seem to be monitoring their feeds a lot more and any complaint of queue jumping has been responded to pretty quickly and then dealt with by security. Added to that is the direct line to the duty manager. This coming Sunday will, I suspect, be the real stress test on security, with the expectation that the park will be an alcohol free zone that day.

One negative not mentioned, I saw quite a few masks being worn. Scream style and hockey masks were the favourites and seemed to go unchallenged. Hopefully security will be more thorough before peak Fright Nights occur and bring the increased chance of issues occurring.
Swarm Chris

Thorpe Park have announced a limited run of behind the scenes tours at three of the Fright Night mazes. Happening on different days and priced at £45 per person (not including park entrance fee), each two hour tour explores two of the mazes from Living Nightmare, Saw Alive and Platform 15, as well as a fastrack ticket to the two attractions visited.
Go behind the scenes to 2 of THORPE PARK Resorts terrifying horror mazes and learn all the secrets!

Each ticket includes a 2 hour maze tour from 11am-1pm PLUS a one shot fastrack on each maze in the tour.

14th October: SAW: Alive & The Walking Dead: LIVING NIGHTMARE
18th October: Platform 15 & The Walking Dead: LIVING NIGHTMARE
19th October: SAW: Alive & The Walking Dead: LIVING NIGHTMARE
21st October: SAW: Alive & Platform 15
25th October: SAW: Alive & The Walking Dead: LIVING NIGHTMARE
26th October: SAW: Alive & Platform 15
28th October: Platform 15 & The Walking Dead: LIVING NIGHTMARE

Recommended for guests 12 and above.

This ticket does not include park entry, you will need to be in possession of a valid Annual Pass or Day Ticket to enter the Resort for this experience.

VIP Products must be purchased in advance with 24 hours notice.
Limited upgrades available on the day at the resort.

For bespoke options or should you have any questions then please contact the VIP Team on: vip@thorpe-park.co.uk
Justin

Ahh, you beat me to it.

For £45, it is a little on the expensive side, but something that I'd consider doing.