Thorpe Park - Fright Nights

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
altontowerskid

Fright Night's is really looking steped up for this year...
I'm taking a minibus of 18 mates on the 28th and i dont think theres one person who isn't absolutely s****ing it about the mazes.
I'm really interested in The Curse though, Thorpe saying its as intense as The Asylum is one hell of a thing to say so i cant wait to see if it is on par :D
The Tents for Se7en and The Curse are up and they are working on them every day now and it looks like all the other things have been done :)
JamieDeath

I was just wondering what would be the quitest day to come down on? and whats it like during half term?
ReallyRollercoasterRules

[quote=""JamieDeath""]I was just wondering what would be the quitest day to come down on? and whats it like during half term?[/quote]

Packed during half term don't go.

The quiestest time will be weekdays for the first 2 weeks of the event (although the 1st week will be the quietEST)
Really Rollercoaster- The Latest Theme Park News & Reviews

http://www.reallyrollercoaster.co.uk/
JamieDeath

Okay well I looked at the 24th looks like a good date trouble is im at school...gives me a idea :lol: but not sure if i can make it there as its quite short notice as every one needs to get time off of work etc
AstroDan

Just spoken to Ray who is down at Thorpe Park today and the general review of the opening day is pretty negative. They said that the Curse was not very good at all.

Opening day blues, hopefully.
John

It will probably get going when they get into the 10pm closing, I'd also expect the mazes to improve as the actors get to know the mazes better (especially the curse, as no-one has any past experience with it)
Kaycee

See my trip report from yesterday in the Reports forum.

:(
Rowe

I might be going to this at half term with the family, and I'm quite excited even after reading Esmerelda/Kaycee's report.
Kaz

Fright Night's is really looking steped up for this year...
I'm taking a minibus of 18 mates on the 28th and i dont think theres one person who isn't absolutely s****ing it about the mazes.
I'm really interested in The Curse though, Thorpe saying its as intense as The Asylum is one hell of a thing to say so i cant wait to see if it is on par
The Tents for Se7en and The Curse are up and they are working on them every day now and it looks like all the other things have been done
Ditto, Im taking 16 friends down on the 28th using a coach were hiring, it really is the best way to get a group down there.
Dara

I think that this year's Fright Nights could be the best yet. Kaycee- your review was interesting because i was there on the tuesday after you went and i thought that the mazes were scarier than ever- perhaps because you went on the first day so maybe the actors hadn't been properly trained enough. Someone may have taken them to one side on monday night and said "Be more scary!!" :lol:

The Curse wasn't really as good as it could have been or as good as i was expecting, but it wasn't a bad maze at all though. and the theming around the park, especially in Colossus and Nemesis stations and around Loggers Leap looked really good, and it was great to see the haunted playground theme back on Rush even though the member of staff who was responsible for that theme last year has now left thorpe park.

All in all really good, however i think the 8pm closing was noticably early for fright nights despite the park being dead. I can see why, on such quiet days, 10pm is too late, but then you do only get about an hour's proper dark riding on 8pm days
JamieDeath

Ok ive finally convinced my parents to let me go, but we have to go in half term :x so I was wondering if any one knows what day will be the quitist in half term? And is there any offers going at the moment such as BOGOF etc? Thanks if you can help
ReallyRollercoasterRules

[url=http://www.hauntedattractions.co.uk/ima ... oucher.pdf" target="_blank]http://www.hauntedattractions.co.uk/ima ... oucher.pdf[/url]

BOGOF Voucher. I'd say the quietest day of half-term would be the Monday- don't trust me though! :oops:

JamieDeath

Thanks alot for that, 'The exchange price of this Voucher is £0.0001.' found that quite funny :lol: :lol: As for Monday yer maybe it will be quite as people will have just started there holidays but not sure
Dara

It will be really really busy all through the half term week i'm afraid, however i'd say you're right that the first few week days are likely to be a little bit quieter than towards the end, but only a little bit, it will still be really busy :(
JamieDeath

Mehh, not sure if to just go to Chessington then like every single year in my life so far #-o because of my annoying sister, or would there be a thing like the trick or treet doors and shows like that for younger children at thorpe? or is it just like big scary things xD
ReallyRollercoasterRules

[quote=""JamieDeath""]Mehh, not sure if to just go to Chessington then like every single year in my life so far #-o because of my annoying sister, or would there be a thing like the trick or treet doors and shows like that for younger children at thorpe? or is it just like big scary things xD[/quote]

As far as I know all scary stuff, but the kid's rides are open until closing- Miss Hippo's in the dark anyone? :lol: *shivers and thinks "scary"*

Tom M

[quote=""ReallyRollercoasterRules""]As far as I know all scary stuff, but the kid's rides are open until closing- Miss Hippo's in the dark anyone? :lol: *shivers and thinks "scary"*[/quote]
Well...Miss Hippos closes at 4pm as they use the queueline for it for The Asylum so no, not even that haha. :P
ReallyRollercoasterRules

[quote=""Tom""][quote=""ReallyRollercoasterRules""]As far as I know all scary stuff, but the kid's rides are open until closing- Miss Hippo's in the dark anyone? :lol: *shivers and thinks "scary"*[/quote]
Well...Miss Hippos closes at 4pm as they use the queueline for it for The Asylum so no, not even that haha. :P[/quote]

How about Mr. Monkey

Even Scarier *more shivers" :twisted:

Chris J

Mr Monkey's and the Carousel are usually open til late.

The Carousel was playing the Asylum music on Sunday which was quite funny :mrgreen:
becca

I went there yesterday! it was so good! Asylum was so scary. The others were great..but dont think that if you do it more than once it will be less scary.....it is just as scary!
becca