Thorpe Park - Fright Nights

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Ram737

When i went to Chessington by train i met up with a friend in Surbiton, but literally as you step out of the staion there is a frequent shuttle from the centre town to Chessington as its so close.

I live in Chertsey, so i went to Weybridge station, change for the train to Surbiton. Not that long a journey.
daveAT

how do you get the chessigtion from the staines staion, can someone please tell me, i went on south trains website and it say it take 2 hours to get to from staines while it only about 10 miles from staines, how do you get there

also how long is the stuttle bus jourey to TP from the staines station

also how long would it take you to walk to the Staines travelodge from the staines station

anyone know :? :?
GForce2

You've basically got two choices.

1) Train from Staines to Clapham Junction and then platform 11 for trains to Chessington South

or

2) Train from Staines to Weybridge, Weybridge to Surbiton then the 71 London United bus route which goes into Chessington WoA itself.
Inferno area op/attendant
daveAT

is ther another way to get from staines to chessigtion other than suggested, it takes a really lo g time to get there that way
Con

Taxi? It might cost quite a bit though.

LONG POSTS GIVE ME HEADACHES
daveAT

taxi would cost too much it is like 20 miles, really I need a way to travel, the trains just take to long due to it goes nearly back to waterloo just to be able to change the line to get to chess, there is no direct line of such

edit - how to you get banners like con has
Con

I made mine on MacroMedia Fireworks.

caffeine_demon

Hi,

I won a free tussauds ticket from a recent daily express promotion

It says the ticket is valid until 25th october, and it seems the only day excluded is the 9th september.

However - thorpes website says you have to book in advance for the fright nights..

So -can I use my free ticket for fright nights?
Anonymous

On the fright night page on the thorpe website there is a faq section which says - Please check validity dates in the terms and conditions of the voucher. so i spose u can..wel i am anyway
GForce2

However - thorpes website says you have to book in advance for the fright nights..

So -can I use my free ticket for fright nights?
As long as the T&C's on the Express vouchers cover the date you'll be going, Thorpe reaches capacity frequently on Fright Nights, especially towards the end of the half term break, the pre-booking of day tickets is a good idea to garuantee entry but as long as you arrive early enough (Earlier then 12.30 - 1pm) you should get in.
Inferno area op/attendant
daveAT

If im going to fights nights, would I be able to buy a bonce back ticket at the park, to be able to go there the next day

does anyone know?

EDIT: Also does any one know if sealth is closed, if so when will it open (i will be going the 28), I would like to ride it. It say on thorpe parks website that it is closed for winter maintance
Con

The farm is closed for winter matinence not Stealth! Quite misleading actually. Nobody sure when it will be up again.

TenZero

Stealth is closed, Con.

Welcome to Thorpe Park. Rides currently unavailable: Stealth. Due to essential winter maintenance the farm will be closed.
The_Storyteller

Random question, How much do you think the shuttle bus from Staines will cost? I haven't used it before so I have no idea what to expect

I\'m here to kick backside and chew fruit pastilles, and guess what, I\'m out of fruit pastilles...

Adz
Admin
Admin

£2 Single
£3 Return.
Con

[quote=""Matt_""]Stealth is closed, Con.

Welcome to Thorpe Park. Rides currently unavailable: Stealth. Due to essential winter maintenance the farm will be closed.[/quote]

I did realize Stealth was closed. It was just daveAT thought it was closed for winter maitence amnd I was correcting him.

[quote=""Con""]The farm is closed for winter matinence not Stealth! Quite misleading actually. Nobody sure when it will be up again.[/quote]

You may want to read it again.

The_Storyteller

Muchos Ta Adz

Anyone think ther'll be a repeat of the pumpkin offer this year?

I\'m here to kick backside and chew fruit pastilles, and guess what, I\'m out of fruit pastilles...

Nick

Fright Nights 2006 preview over at CoasterKingdom, see HERE!
Craig

That's a pretty interesting article, thanks for that Nick. Unfortunately I won't be able to make FN this year. It's a shame since I've never actually been to anything like this before. Still, it's nice to hear about the preparations etc and hopefully I should get chance to go next year :D
Danzaw*nk

*resists looking at link*

I'm not looking at any giveaways for Fright Nights as i want it all to be a surprise on the night :). I know Se7en features 7 rooms with 1 actor in each representing the 7 sins though :). Sounds like it's going to be an amazing night, and meet!

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3