Thorpe Park - Fright Nights

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dom

Oh my god. This looks awesomely scary. Wonder what it means. Interestingly one of the signs says quarantine. So could be be looking at an infectious disease.
Max

Walking Dead.

You heard it here first.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Owen

Remembering we are likely loosing multiple IP's, this may not tell us much about the event. In my mind it hints at either the overall theme of FRIGHT NIGHTS 16, an original maze or otherwise an IP, so really it could be various things. That being said if this is hinting to a fairly obvious IP, I wouldn't expect it to be the only new IP to appear this year...

I imagine this image will be officially released in the next few days. Hopefully with the event taking on a September debut we will see announcements July through September! :P 
Morgan

Pre-booking for Fright Nights with a standard annual pass seems a bit more expensive this year, ranging from £5 to £15. Not very happy about this, paying £5 was a bit annoying to begin with but £15 isn't right.
Owen

The website has now been properly updated with the image. :)

Also here's a look at the promo art, taken from South Parks Facebook.

Alex

Morgan wrote:Pre-booking for Fright Nights with a standard annual pass seems a bit more expensive this year, ranging from £5 to £15. Not very happy about this, paying £5 was a bit annoying to begin with but £15 isn't right.
Considering how busy it has been over the past few years from a business perspective Merlin would be crazy not to cash in on it. However if the charges are increasing then you'd expect a better offering.
Owen

Here's a video version of the image posted on Thorpe Parks Facebook.

A trademark has appeared for "THE WALKING DEAD: LIVING NIGHTMARE". It seems quite likely to be for FRIGHT NIGHTS.

EDIT - After looking further, this seems to be registered by a company/person based on Kentucky USA, so this makes me wonder if it is for FRIGHT NIGHTS.
Owen

Thorpe have revealed more details today-
Thorpe Park wrote:- NEW horror experiences
- An invasion from a global horror phenomenon
- MORE scares
Based on the wording I'd anticipate we may seem roaming actors from the rumoured TV show IP around the park...
Morgan

Owen wrote:EDIT - After looking further, this seems to be registered by a company/person based on Kentucky USA, so this makes me wonder if it is for FRIGHT NIGHTS.
This person (Robert Kirkman) seems to be the creator of the series.
Justin

Morgan wrote:Pre-booking for Fright Nights with a standard annual pass seems a bit more expensive this year, ranging from £5 to £15. Not very happy about this, paying £5 was a bit annoying to begin with but £15 isn't right.
Just took a look at this. It looks like standard pricing may change throughout the booking, as there is an option for £20 reservations which is not in use yet!
Premium is £1 throughout.
https://www.thorpepark.com/events/fright-nights
Adz
Admin
Admin

You may be in for more than one IP attraction, even if they're both the same IP...

Platform 15 is also having some major overhauling this year. Think the difference between The Big Top 1 and 2.  
Dan

The Fright Nights lineup for this year will have a big say in whether I visit as I found last year to be quite disappointing.

While there were some improvements to The Big Top, it was still lacking something. A factor may have been that I visited on opening weekend and the actors were still getting used to the mazes but for me there were far too many dead spots.

As Adz is alluding to, I hope they massively improve Platform 15. Last year I found it to be a complete waste of time.
Dan

Sorry to double post but.......

Thorpe Park have just released this video on their Twitter feed (and other social media platforms) which confirms Cabin In The Woods won't be returning for Fright Nights 2017.

Something new is invading. The question is, what?
Last edited by Dan on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owen

Dan wrote:Something new is invading. The question is, what?
Chavs? :nervious:

In all seriousness I'm glad they've acknowledged that Cabin is going... I wonder if they'll do the same for any other mazes.
Dom

:lol Haven't they already invaded

I think the only reason they are making a big deal out of Cabin is because it was a very popular maze. I think it also confirms that whatever is invading is going to be in the Cabin location
Justin

Adz wrote:You may be in for more than one IP attraction, even if they're both the same IP...

Platform 15 is also having some major overhauling this year. Think the difference between The Big Top 1 and 2.  
I'm a little disappointed by this news as I was expecting a massive overhaul, however, I do like The Big Top. I preferred the look and feel of the attraction on its debut although with the straw clogging up the system on the beach, I understand why it had to move!
Owen

Thorpe are running a promotion for FRIGHT NIGHTS alongside Andy Muschetti's upcoming IT where if you buy a ticket in advance to see the movie you will also receive a 2 for 1 voucher for FRIGHT NIGHTS!

One would hope this would hint toward a new partnership between Thorpe and New Line but I doubt it as brilliant as that would be! :P
jackf1tz

Owen wrote:Thorpe are running a promotion for FRIGHT NIGHTS alongside Andy Muschetti's upcoming IT where if you buy a ticket in advance to see the movie you will also receive a 2 for 1 voucher for FRIGHT NIGHTS!

One would hope this would hint toward a new partnership between Thorpe and New Line but I doubt it as brilliant as that would be! :P
Do new line cinema have anything related to the promo pics we've had released from Thorpe park?
Owen

I don't think so, and I would very much doubt there will be any connection this year! :)

It appears that BLAIR WITCH is returning based on this photo posted by Thorpe!

There is also a police badge in the middle that appears to read "City of Atlanta Police" which happens to be a major location within the Walking Dead comics and TV show...
Justin

This is not exciting me to be honest!
So, now it looks like the same old Fright Nights with just Cabin replaced!