Thorpe Park - Fright Nights

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dom

Thorpe has got more of a Halloween feel to it and they do really go all out for it. Alton Towers for Halloween does also have a magical feel to it, but it isn't as intense as Thorpe. In my opinion if your into the whole rides in the dark thing then do Alton Towers because their rides in the dark are just amazing. If you want to do more of the horror and Scare Mazes then do Thorpe.
thedman31

Thanks. I'm a big fan of the whole horror vibe so will check out Thorpe. I remember a couple of years back it had a bit of a problem with violence including knives. I always feel safe at Alton, do you feel safe at Thorpe?
Dom

Yeah. Thorpe has been working hard on improving. Its now got really good security too which helps.
JammyBand

Hey there everyone! Towerstimes/South Parks are holding the annual ScareMazing event in Thorpe Park on October 11th this year. This is the first day of ScareFest and, as usual, is sure to be awesome. Obviously, more details will be released nearer the time, but who thinks they will attend? I was already planning to go on this date so I'm pretty sure I'll be there. :) :yes: ;) \:D/ :P (TowersTimes tweeted it! :D )
Zach

Just a quick heads up to anyone really but mostly to those attending Scaremazing south, there is only 1000 free tickets allocated to VIP/Premium MAP holder for each day of this event so if your planning on going I think it's best you book your free ticket ASAP below is an image providing graphic proof of my statement I case there's any nay Sayers or doubters in my reliability :)
Chris
Admin
Admin

We are confirming with the park on how members should proceed with this, so hold off for now.
thedman31

Thanks for letting us know. Like how everybody looks out for each other on the forum.

Good that Thorpe are limiting numbers. Really sensible not only for safety but also quality. Tulleys does this too and it really makes a difference to the event. On the other hand Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando can be crazily over capacity which ruins the experience for me quite a lot.

Will there be any exclusives like nemesis sub terra extreme? : )
Lee

thedman31 wrote:Thanks for letting us know. Like how everybody looks out for each other on the forum.

Good that Thorpe are limiting numbers. Really sensible not only for safety but also quality. Tulleys does this too and it really makes a difference to the event. On the other hand Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando can be crazily over capacity which ruins the experience for me quite a lot.

Will there be any exclusives like nemesis sub terra extreme? : )
Thorpe aren't limiting numbers of guests, just the number of Merlin Annual Pass holders allowed to get in for free. This is presumably to maximise the overall revenue on the day, or to spread MAP holders across different days.

It's interesting that the page only mentions FOUR mazes. It's always been a given that Asylum was being removed, but we all presumed it would be replaced by another Thorpe created maze. Hopefully they're just holding on to that detail at the moment.
Luce

It would be great if Thorpe did replace The Asylum with a new maze as the space it occupied lends itself well to housing one. I guess we'll wait and see :)
JammyBand

I'm planning to go on the 11th of October (first dday of Fright Nights). Does anyone know how busy it will be? Im hoping it wont be as bad because its the first day?
Danny

First night of frights nights will inevitably be very busy. People love to go on the first night to feel exclusive that they can experience updated/new mazes and attractions before anyone else. I've been before and wouldn't again. I'd advise going on the second weekend when the hype has blown over. It's also still term time so shouldn't be too bad. Maze queues will likely get to two hours, but that's not bad in comparison to other dates I've tried. Once the mazes open most rides have minimal waits.
ThrillJunkie

I'm not happy that they are limiting tickets to MAP holders. Halloween is the main reason I bought my MAP and this means I've got to get everything planned out early as I'll have to visit during a weekend. I really hope Alton don't do this too.
ThrillJunkieUK
Dom

Don't forget, on the 11th October, Southparks heads to Thorpe Park for the event, Scarmazing South. More information will be released soon, i hope.
Dan

ThrillJunkie wrote:I'm not happy that they are limiting tickets to MAP holders. Halloween is the main reason I bought my MAP and this means I've got to get everything planned out early as I'll have to visit during a weekend. I really hope Alton don't do this too.
As said above, they aren't limiting the number of tickets available, they are just limiting the number of MAP/VIP Annual Pass holders who can get in for free. Once the allocation has gone then people will have to pay.
Danny

Just been reading the SP Facebook page and see someone has claimed that this year Asylum is being replaced with a Texas Chainsaw Massacre maze- he claims it's a reliable source :roll:

Is this people just making up rumours because of the Asylums finale? Or is this a good possibility? Personally I can't see how it would work as there's only the one murderer in the film, which would obviously be he ending. Possibly his victims and the creepy family, who knows.
Luce

Well, there's always rumours floating about but I think we should wait and see for any official announcement.
Ryan.B

Does the same go for standard passes and if not how do you book with the standard pass for how much?
Zach

I have posted all information on a previous post on this page, with an image giving an all details for all passes!
TheBeast

I love the idea of a Blair Witch Project scare maze! Has that been there a couple of years, or is it new? I havent been to a scarefest in two years, but im going this year
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The Blair Witch Scare Zone was new for last year, with the Lionsgate revamp of Fright Nights. It generally didn't receive great reviews last year and was probably regarded as the weakest of the overall line-up.