Thorpe Park - Fright Nights

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
toxicgirl

Advice needed please!!

Can anyone tell me if its worth going to Fright Night at Thorpe on Sat 26th Oct?  I booked a hotel nearby ages ago for a reasonable price, but am really worried about tales of 3 hours queues on Tripadvisor.  We are travelling a long way and I'd be so disappointed if we spent nearly all of that time in queues.  Also on a very busy day like this will fast tracks make that much difference as I'm guessing they sell loads?  The alternative is for us to book on Sat 12th but I'll have to rebook a hotel which will cost us - but if its likely to be hugely different in terms of busyness it might be worth it.  :?

I'd be sooo grateful to hear the thoughts from those that have been before
Altitude

^ I'm going that day too, and after going for 4 years in a row, I can say...

It's a popular event, at a popular theme park, on a weekend. It will be busy! So don't be upset and surprised when the queues are long. Expect them to be long!
toxicgirl

Yeah I expect it to be crazy on 26th and if I go then I'll fast track (can't afford the ultimate ones @ £88 a throw for 4 of us but could stretch to full throttle and mazes).  I just wonder how much effect fast track will actually have and if I'd be better off going a couple of weeks earlier.  :?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I've noticed that the description of The Cabin in the Woods has changed...
Once you enter the dark and dangerous Cabin in the Woods, the only way to escape is to face your hidden fears in a series of rooms based on iconic scenes from the film, including the Bedroom, the Hallway, the Dolls Room and the Facility.

Decide which rooms you wish to enter but remember only the brave will make it through the cabin to safety - and just a few may find the secret control room to take a turn directing the fear for themselves...
So this suggests that , if you choose the right way through the maze, you will somehow have control over scaring some other people...

Also, here's the walkthrough of TCITW maze at Universal Orlando, giving an idea of what to expect.
Danny

I watched that earlier on today but don't think it will be anything like that
lewis97
Admin
Admin

danny.g97 wrote: I watched that earlier on today but don't think it will be anything like that
I agree. I think Thorpe's maze is more about this relatively new maze concept, and it's not going to be quite to the same scale, and I'm intrigued to see how guests can 'take a turn at directing the fear'...
Danny

Yes I'm really looking forward to that! I think as this maze people can choose which route they take, take the scarier looking route and you have more chance reaching the control room. They say only the brave will find it so that's the way to go. I'd be well excited to control scares but can't see how it will work unless you control, smoke and light effects, or maybe they are using animatronics throughout. This is a high possability as lions gate would provide them
TheBoyWithOneEye

Does anyone have any info for the blair witch project maze? Thanks  :)
Jamie

TheBoyWithOneEye wrote: Does anyone have any info for the blair witch project maze? Thanks  :)
It is an outdoor "Scare Experience," so it probably won't be as scary as the horror mazes.  It could still be very good though, if done right.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
LittlestarRed

So we finally get a trailer:

Can't say I'm too impressed. Just a hotch potch of recycled footage and #########'s!!!!

Still can't wait for the passholder preview night to experience the real thing!
My Kids wanna live in Cloud Cuckoo Land!...
Jamie

The trailer is a bit odd to be honest - just a load of people in dark rooms and The Asylum to finish...
Still, roll on next week! :D
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
toxicgirl

Booked for Sat Oct 12th now (as opposed to blistering busy 26th).  Know its gonna be busy and bought Director's Cut for the mazes, but not planning to fast track the rides and get on them early on.  Any tips as to where everyone tends to head so we can do the opposite?!
Danny

I have just booked for the 12th also. We are doing the oppersite. We've got a few ride fast tracks so the rides are all done by 3:00pm. Then we will queue for each maze and that gives us 7 hours to do all of the. Which is plenty of time as if we're queuing for a maze by 3 that shouldn't take long. Then with whatever time we have left after the mazes we will do some rides.
Jamie

toxicgirl wrote: Booked for Sat Oct 12th now (as opposed to blistering busy 26th).  Know its gonna be busy and bought Director's Cut for the mazes, but not planning to fast track the rides and get on them early on.  Any tips as to where everyone tends to head so we can do the opposite?!
Quite often people head for The Swarm first (however if you are one of the first in then go there).
Other than that, Colossus often starts on one train so if you want to go on that then do it early on.  Also with it being a horror event Saw: The Ride could be busier so bear that in mind.
Hope this helps :)
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
samallen

Hi does anyone know if you can use the buy one get one free vouchers on Saturday 12th October? The voucher does not specifically say that this date is not valid but it does say special events.
Danny

I'm pretty sure all 2 for 1's and other offers are not valid during fright nights, if it doesn't specify best ring just to be sure!
samallen

I rang them and they didn't confirm or deny. They just told me to read the voucher. It does say on there your not able to use the voucher in the main two weeks of fright night but not the 12th. Do you think it is best to book the tickets on line?
Danny

No too sure if people know but this but a quick update on maze progression.
My bloody valentine- arena using experiment 10's shipping containers
Cabin in the woods- the passing maze behind x. The maze has been stripped and most has been put in skips, they have painted the wall outside yellow.
Saw alive has a sign saying it will be re opening for fright nights
Work is well on the way for the Blair witch project with these old fashioned lights being hung from the trees and some theming on the grass you walk past upon exiting nemesis inferno.
I spoke to a worker on the phone last week and although she never confirmed a date she said the workers are experiencing the mazes during closing time before the friday the 4th.
Jamie

Fright Nights preview night is tomorrow!  :D
Who's excited?
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
Danny

Meeee! I'm going on Saturday 12th as I feel this will be emptiest. I have done the London tombs so know what to expect when it comes to horror mazes but am still really scared! :)