Thorpe Park - SAW: The Ride

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Mattmash

[quote=""Koopa-Troopa""]Yet wasn't that the same advert that was added on the 13th of October? :? [/quote]

Rofl, did you actually watch the link? :P
Dagan

[quote=""Koopa-Troopa""]Yet wasn't that the same advert that was added on the 13th of October? :? [/quote]

Yeah, its the official advert mate.
AstroDan

Thorpe say this ride has cost £13.5m. Interesting claim. That's a hell of a lot of money, more than any other UK rollercoaster.
Joe Koopa

So that is 1.5 million pounds more than Stealth & Air! Maybe some of it is for the Saw brand liscensing and stuff.
AstroDan

Maybe some of it in sensationalizing ;)

A Eurofighter costs very little (£4-£5m) - the cost for the theming will not be £8.5m+ as that would be more than Black Mamba.

The brand license clearly will be worth a lot.
Pennywise

Sorry if somebody has already posted this, SAW appeared on local London news today / yesterday.

[url=" target="_blank][/url]
CONTAINS POSSIBLE SPOILER

:)
AstroDan

Polite Notice:

Saw will be taking its first guests from Thursday this week. For the time being, we will be leaving two Saw threads open - this one, which has followed construction to present, and a reviews/spoilers/thoughts thread in which to discuss the ride once it has opened. As a result, please avoid posting spoilers or reviews in this thread.

No doubt many people from across forums in the UK will be visiting the park in the coming days to test out Saw for themselves, but please don't ruin the suprise by posting in here.

The SAW: Spoilers & Reviews thread can be accessed here.

Thanks.

Anonymous

Some POV and station views here:

Oh and check out the spoilsport from the Brain Injury Association... :^o
Matt-1509

Saw on the BBC London News!

CONTAINS POSSIBLE SPOILER.
AstroDan

From that, whilst the coaster is going to be cool - this ride is going to be all about the queueline.

Wes

[quote=""kryn""]Some POV and station views here:

Oh and check out the spoilsport from the Brain Injury Association... :^o[/quote]

That bit at the end made me LOL. And are those kids for real?
Jon

Is anyone else suprised that the fact that its Saw - The Ride made no mention in that whole thing? It was all about the drop and the cliched "isn't she brave" "I hate rollercoasters" Blah blah blah... The fact that it is based on a successful horror franchise is the biggest selling point of the ride!
Formerly "Dagoo"
AstroDan

It's not to the media. Whenever a new coaster opens it's always about the height, the speed, the forces and how "everyone is scared of it".

Regardless.
Matt-1509

Here is the same video which is a direct recording rather than done with a camera.

ghulam786

Hey guyz long time since i've visited this website but i so poor at finding info when it's needed im hoping you guyz could tell mepreviously in this topic some people have said they rang up thorpe park or someone and have been told whats happening on this friday (13th).

Also ive recieved an email saying im a competition winner and i must reply to it to go on this day but they don't give a contact number:'(.

Im sorry if i've posted this on the wrong topic but can anyone help:):):)
coaster maniac
Anonymous

I recieved a email today from surveymonkey today about my "free tickets" it went:-

RE: Big Monie Prize
Tuesday, 10 March, 2009 5:37 PM
"George" <george@itv.com/bankofuganda>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"xxxxxxxxxxxx" <markxxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk>

Good afternoon Madam,

You have been selected from our database for big prize monies from Thorpepark and our partner Money-Transfers

All we require from you is your name, address, bank account and sort code and we shall wire the monies and prize directly.

George Agdgdgwngo
..Something tells me this might be not quite right
Shent

[quote=""kryn""]I recieved a email today from surveymonkey today about my "free tickets" it went:-

RE: Big Monie Prize
Tuesday, 10 March, 2009 5:37 PM
"George" <george@itv.com/bankofuganda>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"xxxxxxxxxxxx" <markxxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk>

Good afternoon Madam,

You have been selected from our database for big prize monies from Thorpepark and our partner Money-Transfers

All we require from you is your name, address, bank account and sort code and we shall wire the monies and prize directly.

George Agdgdgwngo
..Something tells me this might be not quite right[/quote]

:lol: :lol:
......The one and only... :sus:
And.

Jonathan Woss is going on the ride tonight - press opening apparently.

He'll be tweeting about it on twitter.

[url=http://www.twitter.com/Wossy" target="_blank]www.twitter.com/Wossy[/url]
Dagan

Got my free tickets email today... but the pass number on the ticket isn't my pass number.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Looking good, wonder why there was no mention of the connection to Saw? it isn't the steepest drop in the world but it is the first horror coaster which they should have plugged really. :?
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*