Thorpe Park - SAW: The Ride

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
dani9393

that is such a bummer we have friends who work at tp and they have said there is an AP day so they are either lying to you or friends lying to me i will be having words and find out for def!
popTART

I do love some of the rides at TP Samurai, Rush, Stealth, Quantum, Colossus and hopefully Saw but the thing i don't like is they cant handle their ques or their maintainance. Fright Nights was a total nightmare i cant do that again.
SAM93

I can tell you all now that this ride is going to do wonders for Thorpe...

Back in 2006 I visited and upon returning to school I told many of my friends about it, and not a single one of them even knew the place existed!

However now that SAW has arrived everybody in the year is talking about Thorpe! Also a good 60% of the people in my year are planning trips to the park this year either with mates or family. Even my friend who hates horror films and dark rides that make him jump has said he is going to go just for the rest of the park.

I can easily see the park making a lot more than they have done the past couple of years and even being able to afford something from B&M for their next major investment [-o< (HINT)... Please Thorpe the UK needs more B&Ms.
AstroDan

Great! Even longer queue's for rides, which are often astronomical anyway! I hate the way that Thorpe Park often offer diabolical guest experience compared to other parks, yet guests continue to return!

:evil:
Dara

[quote=""AstroDan""]Great! Even longer queue's for rides, which are often astronomical anyway! I hate the way that Thorpe Park often offer diabolical guest experience compared to other parks, yet guests continue to return!

:evil:[/quote]

Looks like it going to be all off-peak day visits for me this year then!

Stealth back in 2006 made a massive impact on the park's attendance considering teir numers in previous years, and since 2006, the attendance at thorpe has remained higher than in 2005 and the years before.

I think the amount of hype that SAW has recieved will do the same for thorpe's attendance again, but Stealth is clearly the ride that makes thorpe park what it is. And i think it will continue to be their signature ride, not SAW.

As for guest service, whileever thorpe's marketing continues to be all about hype rather than quality of attraction, the whole installing big new rides policy will continue. This has proved unsuccessful for Six Flags in america, so i do think its good that this season they are concentrating more on theming. Their guest services do seem to have not got much better. Selling fastrack when colossus is on one train for example, is pretty poor. However i wouldn't say thorpe's operations or guest services are that bad, i've seen much worse at other parks, like flamingo land for example. I just think thorpe do go a bit too far on the whole hype hype hype and money money money policy that has become so blatantly apparent over the last few years. It will improve though, i feel sure of it
CoasterCrazyChris

Its about time they ditched the dead-end route they are currently taking with TP target audience. Build those islands and let the family get a look in!

SAW does look set to be a cracker of a ride though, it better live up to hype.
zs chris

[quote=""CoasterCrazyChris""]Its about time they ditched the dead-end route they are currently taking with TP target audience. Build those islands and let the family get a look in!.[/quote]

Families have plenty of parks to visit.. half of Alton, pretty much all of Chessington and all of Legoland is useless to me and my friends...

Leave the place be, its obviously managing to earn well as a thrill park and caters well to lots of groups of people around my age range who dont want parks cram packed full of kids when theyre trying to have a day out, I mean the place finds it hard enough to keep queues short without a larger target audience...

The ride is coming on nicely, cant wait to ride it on the 16th!
dani9393

[quote=""rita's girl""]When I phoned and asked yesterday they said there was no ap days before the ride[/quote]

There is an annual pass day. Friday 13th March 12-2 is for competition winners and 2-5 is annual pass holders. It's £5 per annual pass holder and £20 for a guest. you will be able to book places on the annual pass website soon
ShadowTD

Ooooh. Interested. Very interested.
rita's girl

[quote=""dani9393""][quote=""rita's girl""]When I phoned and asked yesterday they said there was no ap days before the ride[/quote]

There is an annual pass day. Friday 13th March 12-2 is for competition winners and 2-5 is annual pass holders. It's £5 per annual pass holder and £20 for a guest. you will be able to book places on the annual pass website soon[/quote]

but why should people who have annual passes pay for the privliage to go in 2-5. In my opinion they can stick it and ill go on the sat morning

thanks for that, i did ring them back and they said it hadn't been decided but at least we know now cheers :clap:
Me x
dani9393

Yeah i know it seems silly. The fact we paid for the ap and to be fair only people who really care wil bother to find out whether it was going ahead. I personally will be going on the daya dn the saturday after :) enjoy
stigzy

Thanks for that, I did ring them back and they said it hadn't been decided, but at least we know now cheers!
Probably a case of magical Merlins lack of talent for communication! There good for that one, that or there trying to keep things hush, hush for whatever reason! Given the date and theme of the ride it would be an amazing missed opportunity if it didn't go ahead!

I begrudge paying any attractions owned by Merlin Entertainments any more of my hard earned pennies. I paid £110 for the annual pass so why should I have to pay more?! BUT! It's got me thinking! £5 isn't a lot of money, and to have the privilege of being allowed into the park, beating the masses to SAW THE RIDE, it doesn't sound all that bad! Dependant on if the guest's per annual pass holder is limited, or if it even means a guest of the annual pass holder? Either way anyway, Friday is going to be a much quieter day than what the following Saturday is, surely?!
dani9393

Its confirmed. 2-5 firday the 13th March 2009 annual pass holders can ride saw. It will be £5 per holder and they will be opening the following rides to:
Colossus
Rush
Zodiac
Quantum
Vortex

Every ticket holder will be given an allocated time slot for SAW – The Ride to ensure that all guests have a chance to experience it. Guests can also attend at the price of £20 each and there is a limit of 4 per annual pass holder. :D
Stu

I would have done this if i had the day off on Friday.. but im going friday night, staying in hotel with Dean and Tom.. then get there early to be at the front of the AP Q to get in and go right to Saw. I'll get on it twice im sure which will be cool. Even if i only get 1 go on it i'll be happy and enjoy rest of park. Just hope there up to scratch this year, unlike other 2 years.
stigzy

Booked!
Vik

Theres also a booking fee of £1.50.

Try and be at the front of, or as close to the front of the queue on Saturday then.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

John

I might pop down for that, will probably spend most of the time on rush and vortex though!
Stu

Oh dear. booked also lmao!
AstroDan

I really hope Alton Towers don't do such a day when they next open a new rollercoaster. It would really get me down if I was working and they had a special preview day. As it's Thorpe Park, I am not too fussed (well, I would like to ride Saw, but £6.50 for only two rides I actually rate - presuming Saw is good).

:)
elite 795

i believe it a great idea to be ques and to have a privalage of being an AP.
but thorpe park are cheeky since they open lost city and SAW and nothing else.
I am going after school(i am a six former)which is year 13 and i leave at 2 o clock which means i can get there for half 2 meaning i have 2 and a half hours at the park.just a question-if you book two annual pass tickets for the day,will they both have the same allocated time slot since i would prefer about 4:15-will i get a choice?