Thorpe Park - SAW: The Ride

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
AltonThorpe

Yes but many people have been saying, it is not Thorpe's idea, which is true. I prefer a themed ride, such as Nemesis, which is Alton's own idea! I know names and themes are running out all over the world but I hope that in the future rides just wouldn't be called:
SAW-The Ride
HOSTEL-The Ride
SHREK-The Ride
BORAT-The Ride,

Although BORAT-The Ride would be awesome! :P
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium
AstroDan

It's true in some respects - but if it's themed really well, and it gets guests into Thorpe then it's a good thing (for them, although I myself would hate to imagine even bigger crowds at TP).

SAW suits Thorpe,

SAW would not suit many other parks.
spark

I think there is to much emphasis on THE RIDE part. After a few months it will be known as Saw, its just at the moment because its new, if you said in conversation something about Saw people would assume you mean the film, not a ride
Joe Koopa

I still always call in, simply Saw :P
Danzaw*nk

Don't really keep track of what's going on in the parks and all that anymore but this for sure looks great. Will need to get to Thorpe sometime soon before my AP runs out.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Stu

Saturday 14th March. :) - Dean, Me, Tom, Mattia, Lon and possible Marky and Mark/Ryn going.
rita's girl

• Saturday 14th March. - Dean, Me, Tom, Mattia, Lon and possible Marky and Mark/Ryn going.
Yeah i got a car full going then tooo... cant wait

Also does anyone think that they will have the larger seats like on blivvy? only ask because my shoulder width always causes problems ( could be cause im a little fat too :P )
Me x
stigzy

I tend to avoid all future based topics and discussions, mainly on the principal that I like to be surprised when the day comes. A bit like Christmas :shock: , I'm very tempted to peek at my presents but I know if I will I will spoil the fun for the big day and I'm not one to be a fun-spoiler O:) . In actual fact I like to live my life like a box chocolates, because you never know what y'gonna get :?! Er, a-a-nyway I've kind of already spoilt the fun, because me & our foz made the best of the amazing weather and went and paid some much needed long over due respect to the UK's best theme park yesterday. And we got to see Saw The actual frickin ride in all its fleshy glory!

Looks, and I quote, it, looks - "fan-daby-dozey"! The location of the coaster its self, set amongst the shadows of the tall trees and reflecting its self in the water looks in a way quite intimidating. Even more intimidating when you get up a bit close and see the theme building, twisty track layout and those great big dirty blades! I'm glad I've put that one to bed too, we was having a mas-derbate yesterday whether they actually was going to spin – and they should look pretty cool too visually from afar but mainly from a ride point of view!

Being slightly picky :| , the only issue that I have is that I think it was perhaps built a bit too close to Colossus. Because amongst the 'aztechy' lost world theme which I personally think is one of the best theme's ever, you get a glimpse of Saw the evil twisted black bitch of a ride with blades, blood and dead bodies. So it doesn't blend all that well, but anyway that’s just me being pickylicious and that said I really cannot wait to ride this now because it looks amazing!

Re: Larger people seats. I'm no expert, but would imagine that in this day and age they would have seats for people with a larger frame, surely?!
ATR09

Anyone know what has happened to the videos that stopped being released!?

Theres not been any new ones for ages!
stigzy

Maybe there will be soon, there was a whole bunch of young lads clogging up the whole Colossus queue line yesturday filming with rather expensive camera's and the like! Anyway, you've only got a month and a bit or so to go now, no need for videos, it'll be a nice surprise!
AstroDan

Thorpe's "areas" are no longer a priority for the park, so the fact that Colossus is very close isn't an issue for them.

:)
stigzy

I undersand that Thorpes direction is very much more the hard core thrill aspect and not the magical experience like what Towers aim for so theres not much need for any theme. But I think it's important that any theme area's or sections already there should be separated, unless there's a clear link between the two. It's a shame really :ashamed: because I really like the theme area's they do have, they have so much more potential.
CoasterCrazyChris

A theme park is nothing without themed areas, you get absolutely NO experience without ride theming and landscaping, and a park just becomes one massive mangle of steel.

You cant get a decent park without theming, nothing more to it.
AstroDan

Thorpe will still theme rides, look at Saw, but the area's are fast becoming less important.

To be honest, with a park so small as Thorpe. it is hard to differentiate anyway.
Joe Koopa

[quote=""CoasterCrazyChris""]A theme park is nothing without themed areas, you get absolutely NO experience without ride theming and landscaping, and a park just becomes one massive mangle of steel.

You cant get a decent park without theming, nothing more to it.[/quote]

That's Blackpool Pleasure Beach for you then. :clap:
Darren

As we can see from this image below (sign to the left):

There will be Live Actors in Saw's queueline. Could be very interesting...
Rob L

There are quite a few new pictures here, I must say it's looking very good.

I like the sound of live actors in the queueline, that could make queueing for the ride very interesting. Also it's nice to see that they've made an effort with the outdoor section of the queueline, the chainlink fence with barbed wire add nicely to the theme. You've got to give credit to Thorpe for this, looks like they're onto a winner.

:)

John

[quote=""Rob""]Also it's nice to see that they've made an effort with the outdoor section of the queueline, the chainlink fence with barbed wire add nicely to the theme.[/quote]
Whilst its clear they've made an effort, I still think its going to be horrible to spend any extended amount of time there. Regardless of whether or not it suits the theme, it shouldn't be something to aim for!
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

I love the US cop car, very nice touch. :)

It's looking to be a fantastically themed ride full of excellent details, barbed wire fencing etc. I can't wait to ride this now, I just hope it continues on the inside, which I have a feeling it's going to and be even better. :mrgreen:
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
DiogoJ42

Live actors? Well that's my missus put off then!
She's been saying she want's nothing to do with it ever since the Saw theme was released. This will probably put her off for good!