Thorpe Park - SAW: The Ride

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
jackgcse

I would say keeping the Saw Contract is simply perfect marketing for a good few more years, everyone knows it as Saw, if you are in the school or work place you always hear people say have you been on Saw! It is such a good marketing tool, I think Thorpe Park would be daft to get rid of such an excellent resource for at least another 2-3 years! 
SuperWill

Ilovecoasters wrote:
SuperWill wrote:
Thrillmad wrote: I'd love ether a
>Alien theme
>Paranormal Activity
>Saw Mill
>identity thief
>The Heat

The last two are comedy genres but if they want it to have a good re theme it needs to be different! Identity thief could be that you're running from the police, and The Heat, you are trying to catch a criminal
I love your idea about an Alien theme! When you enter the queueline outside the station and building you see like Alien ships which have crashed and when you enter the building and inside the queue there are Aliens warning us in the queue not to go any further etc etc, and then you enter the station and just before you board your train the Aliens give you one last warning but you ignore the warning and when your train dispatches the Aliens say it's too late in a creepy voice and just before the vertical drop you see an evil Alien saying "Your time has come to..." And just before he says die the vertical drop appears just in time to save you! (It's like with the swinging SAW blades) Once you come out of the building you will see the Plasma TV's and the evil Alien appears on it saying "Your time has come to..." This time the TV's lose signal so basically you don't know what the evil Alien is trying to say but anyway you go through the ride's course and then at the end the good Aliens congratulate you on surviving the evil Alien! Just before you get off the good Aliens say that they might need your help in the near future! And that will be the end of your Alien ride experience! What do you think? :)
Wow this is very detailed.

Love the idea but fear thorpe may see running from an evil alien a bit childish?

Not trying to offend you, I love the alien idea  :D
Thanks! I really appreciate that you love my alien idea! :D

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
SwEDEN

jackgcse wrote: I would say keeping the Saw Contract is simply perfect marketing for a good few more years, everyone knows it as Saw, if you are in the school or work place you always hear people say have you been on Saw! It is such a good marketing tool, I think Thorpe Park would be daft to get rid of such an excellent resource for at least another 2-3 years!
The problem is, I don't think it's up to Thorpe.... If it was up to them I couldn't imagine the ride being tweaked in any way, due to as you said the marketing aspect that the ride pulls in!
Owen

SuperWill wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:
SuperWill wrote: SAW Has been at TP for 4 years now and it is popular but to be honest I really can't see TP renewing the SAW contract! I think it will be just a sawmill theme but with no SAW IP! :)
I'd love ether a
>Alien theme
>Paranormal Activity
>Saw Mill
>identity thief
>The Heat

The last two are comedy genres but if they want it to have a good re theme it needs to be different! Identity thief could be that you're running from the police, and The Heat, you are trying to catch a criminal
I love your idea about an Alien theme!
I was thinking Alien the film, it'd be very similar o your ride just it would be film characters from Prometheus or the characters from the Alien films warning you. The indoor section would be...
You go round the curve, if you are car 2 you stop and a TV is static with load audio, a film character then says "the only thing you can do now, is try to run"  you then go down the first drop and instead of spikes there is an Aliens mouth wide open with its second mouth visible, the air cannons are there again. Now the twist, instead of a dead man, it will be a man that has an Alien coming out of him (like the end of Prometheus)
A little girls then appears on the outside monitors and says "there going to get you" repeatedly in a creepy voice
nickhutson

SAW and SAW Merchandise are the biggest financial coup for the park...

So, I can easily see them extending their contract with Lionsgate.

If they don't - as someone said previously... The Smiler Inferno.
Nick Hutson
Presenter - The Season Pass Podcast and Nick\'s Season Pass ERT
http://www.theseasonpasspodcast.com
Producer and Co-Presenter - MusicalTalk - The UK\'s Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk
DrReeve

If they cant get the contract with lionsgate they could always add Saw the ride and Samurai to canada creek to add some more to what seems a dying area of the park with little investment into it. In the last few years.

Samurai= Woodcutter?. The riders sit on blades of a (weird) saw and take a ride chopping logs?

saw the ride= "something like a sawmill" Logs and other wood related theming and you are a log as you travel along the ride. The main drop is where the logs get cut? The indoor section instead of the shotgun a loud razer swing down from the roof (not close enough to hit anyone just making a load thump and scaring people)
Image credit to Lewis97
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Well with Lionsgate's involvement with Fright Nights this year, I have a feeling the Saw contract will be, if not already, renewed.
George B

"Saw" is such a good theme for a ride. I think that the popularity of the ride would decrease. I also seem to remember that a lot of the marketing was based on "the worlds scariest coaster" or something like that. Lionsgate should renew their contract.

Thanks to NemesisRider for the signature
Owen

It's just funny how it all happens this year, I agree with Lewis
danny_davies

Hey guys,

I'm gpooing to thorpe park soon and I have a cousin who is 14 and a bit afraid of scary things but loves rollercoasters? just how scary is Saw as I have never been!

Thanks in advance!

Danny
lewis97
Admin
Admin

danny_davies wrote:Hey guys,

I'm gpooing to thorpe park soon and I have a cousin who is 14 and a bit afraid of scary things but loves rollercoasters? just how scary is Saw as I have never been!

Thanks in advance!

Danny
When you're whizzing around the track you don't really have time to be scared of anything. The scariest thing is probably in the queline, as shortly after you enter the station building there is a gun above you which periodically fires a very loud blast of air. It certainly makes you jump if you're not expecting it, but there aren't any jump-scares like this on the ride.

I don't want to go into too much detail about what happens inside, as you'll have a much more enjoyable experience if it is unexpected. However if you'd like to know then you can always watch POVs on YouTube, or look up the ride experience on Wikipedia.
awsomelycoolboy

Hey guys, this is something I have been thinking of for a while. Who thinks they should add a break ontop of the lift hill, so you hang over and face the blades beneath. Because it happens all to quick and you never (at least I don't) see the blades. I think adding a break at the top will add a sense of fear to the ride. Ontop of the fear that's already there.
Jared

^ Cannot be done. Due to the speed the ride needs to complete it's circuit, stopping the ride would cause problems with the rest of it. It's better to just leave it as designed.
danny_davies

Thanks Lewis I'll tell him it isn't scary then - he should survive!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

danny_davies wrote:Thanks Lewis I'll tell him it isn't scary then - he should survive!
Yes, I'm sure he'll be fine if he loves rollercoasters. When I first went to Thorpe I was hesitant about going on it, and so didn't until a trip with friends. As we got there for when the park opened there wasn't any queue and so we were straight on. It turned out to be a fun ride, and I'm yet to notice the roughness that a lot of people have said they've experienced.
Luce

Weirdly enough, during most of last season Saw was very rough and jolty in places especially the bottom of the vertical drop but when I went on it last month, it was surprisingly smooth. I'm not sure what the park have done to it over the closed season but I actually enjoyed my ride and hopefully it'll stay improved.
Danny

My guess would be that the trains have had work done
Jared

That's not the case on all the trains unfortunately. Train three was unbearable last week!
Cobby

Does anybody know what happened to the police car outside because when I last went it wasn't there.Did they remove it?
Dom

I believe it got removed because it was being vandalized. But i could be wrong. That's what i heard