Thorpe Park - SAW: The Ride

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
AstroDan

Can I just say... Saw's queueline is NOT cattle pen! For Cattle Pen queuelines please see the likes of all rides at PortAventura, many rides at Disneyland Paris, the likes of Euro Mir at Europa-Park and others.

Loggers Leap is a Cattle Pen. Saw, really is not.

:D :D
Khanage

[quote=""AstroDan""]
Loggers Leap is a Cattle Pen.[/quote]

And a horrible one at that, I queued up for about 40 mins back in June and hated every second of it! Saw's queueline is actually very good - there's a lot going on, some great scenery, props and sound effects and once you get inside it is fantastic:

[spoiler:1nk11uv0]The shotgun on the ceiling, the man in the barbed wire (be sure to look up as you go up the stairs as I missed that the first 3 times I went on!), the devices near the load area, the TV screens with the doll. It is an impressive queueline especially if you are a fan of the films.[/spoiler:1nk11uv0]

Saw is a fantastic ride. I found the roughness worse on the back seat but yes it does ruin it slightly. Other than that it is a really smooth ride in my opinion and the airtime hill is just pure fun.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Pennywise

I don't think Logger's Leap's queue is too bad, you can watch Samurai and SAW whilst you wait. :)
Dara

Don't know, i've never bothered to go on Logger's Leap at times when there's a queue, but it certainly looks the most unpleasant.

Those older ones of us though will remember the Calgary Stampede single file, broken fences cattle pen queue line which was just horrible :D
Wes

Rode this on Monday.

Average.

The station themeing was OK. No way near as dark or as good as I expected.

Storyline wasn't that obvious.

Ride was tame. No real thrills in my opinon. Was very rough and over too quick.

Station themeing outside was the best bit.

Dissapointed really.

---- Post Info Added ----

Rode this on Monday.

Average.

The station themeing was OK. No way near as dark or as good as I expected.

Storyline wasn't that obvious.

Ride was tame. No real thrills in my opinon. Was very rough and over too quick.

Station themeing outside was the best bit.

Dissapointed really.
C-Dog

I went to TP last week and went on Saw 6 times so covered most seating positions and to me every ride felt silky smooth.

Having said this I had been on Colossus at the beginning of the day so I guess anything is smooth in comparison to that ride...!
CoasterCrazyChris

No more SAW themed rides pleease!

Don't me wrong, the coaster is just great but another ride based on the same franchise would blatently just be over the top and tacky.

Lets hope we get a decent dark ride, but nothing horror based - perhaps a haunted house/shack/mine in Canada Creek around the area where Miss Hippos Fungle Safari used to be?

:)
iriderides101

I loe saw the ride. I think thorpe made a wise choice franchising, rather than using some marketing office made up theme, that would not of quite gone together. The only thing i hate and its not just saw but its all eurofighters is the vertical lift, those few seconds are just so uncomfortable, oh well at least it saves space.
DiogoJ42

[quote=""Sam!""]EDIT: LOL anyone notice how at 0:40 and 1:00 on this video Thorpe seemed to have used the same sound library rollercoaster screams as Rollercoaster Tycoon 2? :P[/quote]
:lol: Oh yeah! :P
thorpeparkjunkie

[quote=""Diogoj42""][quote=""Sam!""]EDIT: LOL anyone notice how at 0:40 and 1:00 on this video Thorpe seemed to have used the same sound library rollercoaster screams as Rollercoaster Tycoon 2? :P[/quote]
:lol: Oh yeah! :P[/quote]

Ha ha! I noticed that ages ago too!

Fab ride & fantastic themeing however it needs better music to played in the queue line!

One of my fav rides in the UK along with Stealth, Nemesis, Oblivion & Colossus! :D
Rowe

[quote=""Diogoj42""][quote=""Sam!""]EDIT: LOL anyone notice how at 0:40 and 1:00 on this video Thorpe seemed to have used the same sound library rollercoaster screams as Rollercoaster Tycoon 2? :P[/quote]
:lol: Oh yeah! :P[/quote]

LMAO! Not even a youtube advert can stop TTF from nitpicking the most obvious things to them!
speedoboy

i reckon it should have been a LSM ball coaster in a huge warehouse because look...Image
as you an see you could stop on each level and jigsaws voice all around you as your spinning there until you launch off again
but i love the ride anyway but i so like my idea as well
AltonThorpe

Last year I went on Saw, I didn't rate it highly at all, however I went today and my opinions on the ride have completely changed, I loved the drop, the indoor section and the bunny hop. It is a very good ride and I regret rating it so badly last year. :oops:
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium
Nemesista

I loved Saw because of its section. The queue line is a great experience, the indoor section absolutely amazing. When you go over Jigsaw on the floor I get real chills. Then the drop is kind of the middle part of your experience... then just a great little whiz around until the end. It's that sort of structure that I enjoy more than a ride such as Stealth which is over so quickly.
Oblivion_

I know this is a bit late, but just saying I quite enjoyed this ride ;O

It was terrifying for me because:

a) When the dead body squirted "blood", it hit my seats handles, and it was all slippery. I was planning on holding on tightly D:
b) I couldn't see where the top of the lift hill was, as I am small, and I only realized at the last second.
Confirmed \'09:

Alton Towers, April 7th
Thorpe Park, Summer
Alton Towers, Scarefest

Unconfirmed \'09:

Wicksteed Park (D:)
Chessington, WoA
shane790_0

I went to Thorpe for the first time 2 weeks ago, I thought I wouldnt enjoy SAW - I thought it was just a ride around a big drop, but it was a awesome ride! Loved every second of it
Coke

I think it's riding smoother this year, although it could just be the seat you pick, which part of the car do you find the smoothest/roughest?

Are you thirsty?
Pennywise

[quote=""shane790_0""]I went to Thorpe for the first time 2 weeks ago, I thought I wouldnt enjoy SAW - I thought it was just a ride around a big drop, but it was a awesome ride! Loved every second of it[/quote]

A ride around a big drop? :?
spark

I went 2 weeks ago and although i found the ride very rough (front seats either end) i did enjoy the ride as a whole.
cheeky_becky

I'm in tears of laughter watching some on-ride videos on YouTube of random people's face expressions. Hilarious :lol: I know this is probably a really pointless forum post but I just felt like saying it and I have nothing better to do than just watching SAW videos haha :P

Can't wait to go on SAW for the first time one day and maybe buy the on-ride DVD! :)

That is all.