Thorpe Park - SAW: The Ride

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Jolil

[quote=""Mackem Lad""]The Ultimate would be the easiest ride to get married on.

You could get married and divorced by time the train makes it to the top. :lol:
[/quote]

Someone did get married on The Ultimate, quite a long time back now.

The theming on this ride is looking awesome. I've only been to Thorpe once but I'm likely to go back to go on Saw having never been on a Eurofighter before
Tom M

[quote=""Mattia""]..or just add Midnight Syndicate ;)[/quote]
To a ride that will more than likely already have a horror-themed soundtrack? :?
altontowerskid

Yeah, i very much doubt Mignight Syndicate will be added.
They'll already have the amazing soundtrack of the Saw films playing and i would say that would carry on into Fright Nights.
I would love to see some sort of maze based around Saw though, I just hope they wont let it take over from The Asylum.
rita's girl

I heard that saw had opened a month early so I rang thorpe...

They said. " there was no marrage on the ride it was a publicity ride made up of competition winners. We have no licence for people to get married here" :? :| :|

I dont know i just got excited cause i was gonna drive straight down there top get on the ride lol silly me
Me x
Joe Koopa

I guess they got married without THORPE PARK'S permission then. :lol:
Michaél

The only reason Thorpe let them get Married on Saw. Was for publicity for their new ride it will have been shown on BBC News. Who knows how many people were watching BBC news at that time, a lot probrably. Same when that couple got engaged on Stealth, Thorpe got huge publicity for their most recent major new ride. Once again was showed on BBC news i remember watching it. I wouldn't be suprised if more things happen like this after the saw opens.
Joe Koopa

Just goes to show that THROPE PARK is in this for one thing-

Money =P~
Khanage

That's how most businesses work.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

AltonThorpe

haha yeah. Have any of you seen the video of Saw testing?

[url=http://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/news/2 ... de-Testing" target="_blank]http://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/news/2 ... de-Testing[/url]

When I saw it, the first drop looked really violent as it flew over the top. This has put me off a little! 8-[
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium
AstroDan

The drop on Rage is pretty violent too. Just the nature of the ride. Not rough, just a bit crazy.
Michaél

I wouldn't worry about the drop AltonThorpe they look crazy and they are but they don't hurt the first drops are smooth they just make you hold on for your life and swear inappropriately if it is your first time. :D
James

I remember my first time on a coaster, I couldn't stop swearing all day!

I've never been to Thorpe and has never intrested me really but this ride does look amazing and the station building should be sexual, I just hope Alton now follow and get there themeing right for 2010.
jonathan leake

No the drop isnt really that violent but just great fun. The airtime hill on speed is somewhat mind blowing the first time u ride it. I went to thorpe yesterday and was watching them test the ride. Also the motor has also been instaled that makes the blades at the bottem of the drop spin. The ride really does look great and i cant wait to ride this.
WillXav

The blades spin? Looks like H&S died
Corkscrewed

[quote=""elementist""]The blades spin? Looks like H&S died[/quote]

...Or the blades could be far enough out the way to keep them happy? I'd go with that thought to be honest :lol:
thorpeparkjunkie

I was lucky enough to see Saw in the flesh for the first time on Monday and think that it looks amazing!

I think that it could end up being the best themed roller coaster in the UK if things carry on the way there going.
thorpeparkjunkie

[quote=""zs_chris""]I know its a bit early, but does anyone else think were going to see some sort of Saw related maze or fright night attraction this year?
I think they would be stupid not to really, and it would definitely make me return later on in the year after heading down for Saws opening over the next 2 months :D[/quote]

I think thats a great idea mate! Be very good if they included rooms with traps in, videos of the puppet etc...
zs chris

Hmm, forgot as well, the sixth Saw movie(even though the last two were terrible!) will be out at halloween, so maybe some sort of tie in to that will be done, although an actual maze or attraction would be better recieved than a movie preview or something.. :roll:
jonathan leake

Also just a quick note. the seconed entrace onto the island (the one that goes under collossus's inline twists wont be ready untill 2010.
AstroDan

[quote=""thorpeparkjunkie""]
I think that it could end up being the best themed roller coaster in the UK if things carry on the way there going.[/quote]

If it isn't the best themed coaster in the UK, then we can ask some questions! There aren't many well themed coasters in the UK - so this should beat them all for that, especially with a movie company backing it.

The whole reason for the excitement over SAW is the theme - Eurofighters are good, but they're common coasters.