Thorpe Park - SAW: The Ride

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
zs chris

Small developers update on the Saw website!

[url=http://sawtheride.com/blog/" target="_blank]http://sawtheride.com/blog/[/url]

also an extra photo of the cars here:-

[url=http://projectdylan.co.uk/Construction/122" target="_blank]http://projectdylan.co.uk/Construction/122[/url]

Cant really tell much from the photos, but if the rest of the ride is as well done as these 'portions' of the cars, should be great!

still no new video, but does let us know that the rides been tested, and drops a bit of a hint towards something turning ;)

Starting to really look forward to this ride now...
Last edited by zs chris on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Koopa

[quote=""Liam""]If they are clever they will use small, thin jets of air where the saw is so as you whizz past you feel a line of pressure momentairly across your face etc. Similulating a cut. Maybe the speed will be too high to invalidate this but it's worth a consideration.[/quote]

That would be a very good idea, I wonder if they'll be other traps during the course of the ride as well, one in the inversion would be good, maybe just as a prop, like a cage underneath it to trap you with barbed wire around it?
Just an idea. :)
Cobra_Roll

Whilst the trains do look rather generic, they do their job nicely! The blood spatter is a lovely touch too :P

One Idea I also had was for an internal scene. An idea that the car would stop inside and an enormous spinning sawblade looms high above you. Screaming is heard, The lights cut and the riders are sprayed with drops of water to replicate blood spatter (Anyone whos done Honey Ive shrunk the Audience at DLP will know what I mean). Would make a fitting end :D
<3-roll. Geddit?
Nathan

The blood doesn't even look remotely real. :lol:

Too orange and thick.

Talk about nit-picking, eh? :P
WillXav

The giant spinning circular saw blade was an idea that i had and mentioned it in several other forums. I also mentioned it in this forum and Southparks. You might've just seen it and forgotten bout it that you saw it somewhere else.
Michaél

The cars look i bit plane. But i like the look of those saws. That is going to be one freaky head chopper at the bottom of the first drop.
WillXav

Doea actually but we don't know how they'll look inside. They might have a countdown or a jigsaw (bill puppet) that says Game Over just as you're about to go down the drop.

Credits to whoever's idea that is - it might even have speakers which play Saw-themed music.
Michaél

Have a short moment of fantasy.

Maybe they will put mini screens on the back of the seats where you see that
thing which i can't remember the name of.
oblivion1993

is/has samuri been rethemed?
if it is then is it back on site yet?
it would look really good as a saw trap lol

~Ollie~
ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
MostMagicalCat

Wow this looks pretty good, what a great effort.Looking forward to riding at some point
[
WillXav

In what way (riding it)?

Im quite happy with the themeing actually
jonathan leake

[quote=""oblivion1993""]is/has samuri been rethemed?
if it is then is it back on site yet?
it would look really good as a saw trap lol

~Ollie~[/quote]

Nope Samuri hasnt even left Thorpe it just left their with the pods missing as it is every year. I really didnt expect them to bother. This is the same place that bourght a white Enterprize and didnt even paint it to fit the area it was in. They just covered the Drayton Manor stickers with THORPE PARK stickers.
AstroDan

I was reading on SP about how Thorpe mainly what experiences, and the themed lands are essentially a thing of the past. The map doesn't make you aware of them as it is.
jonathan leake

Yea really thorpe is just one big Thrill Island. I think its a shame really cause they have some really good areas that have potential for alot of very good themeing but they just never pull it off
CoasterCrazyChris

They're making a big mistake with the route they are taking with the park. If they wanted to they could easily make the park family orientated again, they are currently limiting their market.
jonathan leake

The outside of the buliding is nearly complete.

I think its starting to look really good, Not quite as dark as i thourght it would be.

This pic belongs to Laurence Wells from SouthParks and is not mine.
AstroDan

Hmm, nowhere NEAR as dark as I expected. However, it looks very rustic. Looks like a farm at the moment.
spark

Perhaps it needs to be painted???
And.

I like it. After all, Jigsaw's traps looked like ordinary buildings from the outside. This just looks like ordinary farm buildings.

Looks good.

It's what's inside that will need to be "dark" imo.

:)
Jigsaw

[quote=""CoasterCrazyChris""]They're making a big mistake with the route they are taking with the park. If they wanted to they could easily make the park family orientated again, they are currently limiting their market.[/quote]

Why make the park family orientated? LEGOLAND and Chessington World of Adventures are down the road. If anything they are showing good business sense, appealing to a niche area of the market, teenagers, students, young adults and thrillseekers that will be less affected by the credit crunch unlike families.

Unlike the other attractions that close during off peak season, THORPE remains open because of their target market, thereby generating money. Maybe they should consider family attractions in the future but not now, the park is still growing and the money needed to fund their growth is from aiming at their target market of thrillseekers.