Thorpe Park - SAW: The Ride

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
AstroDan

Nothing has been confirmed by Thorpe, so far as I am aware. But it does seem likely.

:)
Anonymous

Ah fair enough, I thought they might of come out and confirmed it. Let the guessing games continue then.. :lol:
Stu

I think Thorpe park are trying to take the crown of being secretive and having decent coasters added. People will argue which is better... Rita or Stealth etc... but in peoples eyes when they see videos or see it over the internet... Stealth looks better to people alllll over the World. Hence people from Theme Park review and so on go... so maybe Thorpe are trying to do what Alton Towers used to do ... keep very quiet and secretive... then blast us with a decent new coaster.... we will have to wait and see.
Mankey

IF it is what they say, a 4D or a Flyer... i wont be too disappointed, a 4D would be AMAZING!! oof ive never ridden one of them before, i'd feel honoured to live in a small country that has one :) and if it were a flyer i'd still be quite happy, i think it'd take a similar turn as Tatsu at SFMM just maybe not as extreme.

Either way... i cant wait :D

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Kaz

ive never ridden one of them before
You don’t want to; they are so disorientating it’s simply not enjoyable, also quite painful at times.
Mankey

Really? they look really fun... well at least Eejanaika does, X just looks UUUUUGLY!

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Sir John Talbot

I thought X was amazing. I rate it the best coaster I've been on - they have this sense of 'immense' about them that would be hard to match. One of those down the valley, however infeasble and frankly impossible, would be amazing.
Beaver Dude

Really? they look really fun... well at least Eejanaika does, X just looks UUUUUGLY!
Why do people always say this? I actually think it's a good looking ride and it's the first ride you see as you come into the park. It's also amazing...Of course because it gets a tad bumpy it's rough as hell and the lawsuits must be filed :roll:
Mankey

Well... i could say many things about X's appearance... one being that it hasn't a bit of foliage around it, its just in a big dirty area... and then... PINK AND YELLOW!!! WTF?!

Allthough the appearence wont take away the forces on the ride

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
BlackHole2006

My sister rode X a couple of weeks ago at SFMM on A San Diago trip with her explorer group, she said it was to short, dizzying (made up word i know) and painfull.

Would fit thorpe park then lol :lol: 8)

(Joke, I like thorpe park but I just think they have too many flats that make you sick.)
This is my dignature. For now.........
iriderides101

I don't like X its to disorientating.
jonathan leake

I would really love a floorless coaster thay look so brillant
Ash

Best bit about the floorless is the floor mechanism in the station, there not that special although Kraken is an immense ride :D
iriderides101

Floorless dive anyone?
Nick

Not at Thorpe. They can't build upto 200ft again nor can they build under the ground
Danzaw*nk

Yeah won't be any point if they can't do anything interesting with it.

Still don't understand the whole 200ft rule thingy. 1 exception. Surely that changes everything though :lol:. If you've broke 200ft you aint gonna break it again :lol:.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Mankey

Nah the flyer is the icing on the cake for me :D i think its a brilliant idea

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
stigzy

Bloody England and its silly rules! What height can they build up to? Also what height can Alton build upto before and after they have to start painting their rides green? Any hoo I'm not particularly that bothered what sort of coaster it will be, as long as it's got wheels, runs on a track and is scary and makes me scream like a little girl, I'll be as happy as Larry!
Danzaw*nk

I think it's 110ft or around that mark.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
ashproctor

Are you sure, because the Pepsi Max Big One at Blackpool is 213ft :?
Regards,
Ashley