Anyone ever vomited on or after a ride?

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
LouManc

Anyone been on a ride that has turned their tummy so you have vomited on a ride or after?  :shock:
Tom170499

I once felt sick after going on submission for the first time in 2005 but I didnt vomit. Apart from that, I have never been/felt sick after any ride ;)
Alex.D

No, but spinny things like vortex ect. Give me a huge headache afterwards. I also saw someone vomit out of their nose after riding vortex. :shock:
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
Fish777

:shock:
SpecyBeast

Surprisingly...Air :p
Pleaseeee Populate my forum for Media Studies

http://thrillmakersofficialfans.net84.net

PeteB

My... what a lovely a topic!  :D
clayj

I havn't as I've a good stomach for these types of things but I remember goin to Flamingoland as a child and going on a similar version of enterprise and my mum was being sick through her fingers and it was spraying out the side of the at onto people watching whilst the ride op read his paper
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
Alex

Yes.... at the Lion King show in Animal Kingdom, it wasnt because the show was bad just had a dodgy ice cream beforehand!
A

I really don't get how people can be sick on rides, I've never even felt slightly nauseated after one :P
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
JamieH93

Me either, i enjoy all the feelings rides give you, and to be honest ive never seen anyone be sick after a ride.
Although i once saw a pile of sick at the air brake run on the ground, wouldnt say air is enough to make someone puke though.
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
mikecloud1984

My wife cannot travel backwards.......

......so it might have been slightly mean of me to put her on Rush quickly followed by Vortex at Thorpe.

Let's just say the £6 hotdog didn't last long!
A

What would be entertaining to watch would be someone throwing up on the smiler (unless you were in the queue of course)....
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
tallicay2k

SpecyBeast wrote: Surprisingly...Air :p
No....way? Are you having a tin bath? Air? Seriously wow.
No I haven't been sick, but once me n my mates stayed over at the hotel drank far to much and the next day thought it would be fun to go on the spinney barrels in mutiny bay...I Wernt sick but felt unpleasant lol
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Kirsty25

I never have but my friend threw up after being on Th13teen but it was after hitting all the big coasters in about an hour and half!
SamSimkin

I have never been sick but felt sick every time after going on the blade.
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION
ponder

I've made, what can only be described as 'The Thorpe Park Mistake' before. Funnily enough, a friend of mine then made the same 'mistake' a couple of years later.

'The Thorpe Park Mistake' involves visiting the park on a quiet day where there are minimal queue times, gorging on the Pizza Hut buffet at lunch and then subsequently riding far too much on a full(ish) stomach. Pizza Hut tends to sit on your chest for a while, let's put it that way...

Anyway, on my occasion, I'd had an ample serving of pizza and salad, and then managed to get on Nemesis Inferno, Stealth, Rush, Quantum and Vortex in the space of about 45 minutes. After Vortex I was feeling a bit worse for wear but thought 'sod it, the queue for Saw is half an hour, standing around in the fresh air will sort me out'. How wrong I was. The second half of Saw was horrendous. I staggering off, stumbled to the dome and unloaded a gut full of BBQ chicken, pepperoni and potato salad into the toilets.

It was tame rides for the remainder of the day, and suffice to say, I've not made that mistake since.
Last edited by ponder on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps
Emma

"It was tame rides for the remainder of the day, and suffice to say, I've not made that mistake since."

See, we do learn from our mistakes... But that was bad times for you.

Well, I think I'm one of the fortunate people who don't feel nauseous after rides, just suffer with headaches/migraines.
CoasterEnthusiast

The Smiler has currently claimed 3 victims to vomiting. One on the vehicle just as it was coming back into station. while 2 outside shop.
Michelle

Really, only 3? They all happened on Sunday while Lee and I were riding, I assumed there would be a few more by now, must have been a bad day!
ROYJESS

Hi,

This is my first post, but I'm not new to the site. 

I myself suffer from motion sickness, but never been sick on a ride.

I find that the best cure is peppermint.  I use the xtra strong variety, I usually go through two packs a day.  I usually take one before and after a ride (not on the ride as I don't wish to choke) and also throughout the day.  These work very well.  I also use the sea bands (you wear these on your wrists applying pressure point) but I don't find these work as well with out the peppermint.

I have also heard that ginger works, but I've never tried that.
Last edited by ROYJESS on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.