Anyone ever vomited on or after a ride?

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
SwEDEN

trotters98 wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
trotters98 wrote: Threw up in CCL Burger King last year after 11 rides in Nemesis!! Not the greatest experience! :) :shock:
It's weird last time I went to Thorpe I managed to get 7 rides in on Swarm IN A ROW!!! I didn't feel that sick.... just physically exhausted and mentally hurt (had the monster of all headache's which I can only assume was from head rush.)
Well its only really Nemesis that effects me like that, I think it just shakes me up a lot!
In a way I dread to think how intense Nemmy is, due to the fact that i've only been on Inferno at Thorpe and that it according to the people on this forum is "round about half as intense as the original" even though I recall them both pulling 4.5G.

Inferno to me is INTENSE, it throws me around like a rag doll and I recall last time going on it that roughly mid way through the circuit my vision went slightly blurred. :p

My only thought when getting off the ride was remembering that someone on the forum stated they had ridden Inferno "13 times in a row" and what a state i'd be in if I did the same. :lol:
Last edited by SwEDEN on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gizmo

I had a guest illness on Charlie, of all things :')
DeanGaryCox

never been sick on or after a ride... but it only seems to be flat rides (spinny ones) that make me feel sick though. i seem to be getting worse as i get older!
Image 2014
Burniel

DeanGaryCox wrote: i seem to be getting worse as i get older!
Well, this is obvious.

I don't do anything big now, let alone when I'm older!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
DeanGaryCox

Ilovecoasters wrote:
DeanGaryCox wrote: i seem to be getting worse as i get older!
Well, this is obvious.

I don't do anything big now, let alone when I'm older!
hope not, i'm 19 now and love rides more than ever (besides the claustrophobic side to it as i'm getting worse with that, but that's not the point), but i seem to feel worse and worse on some flat rides - rollercoasters don't affect me at all, even swarm backwards!
Image 2014
onair

I'm lucky I never get sick on rides  :) but I am not good if I see someone being sick.

We were sat in that fresh chip place by Ripsaw only a month or so ago. Was tucking into my chips, sausage and beans when I heard gasps of omg.

Looked up  and there was a guy sat nearly in the middle of Ripsaw, well think its the most sick come out of a person I have seen on a ride at Alton before. The poor people around him also got a splattering. Felt sorry for him as he was very embarrassed when he got off. He was totally covered in it, his girlfriend was just laughing.

They put the ride on full spin after. Just imagine being sat beside someone when that happens lol...
JessicaAlex

Hmmmm... This topic is very delightful... But some of the stories are dead funny! Haha xxx
[glow][/glow][align=][/align]Best ride ever: Nemesis
Runner up: The Smiler :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Ripsaw Raver

Ok only 2 times i felt i may get close to being sick was after 8 consecutive rides on The Beast:Beware! at Fantasy Island aka Possibly the most intense TopScan in the UK

And secondly during a ride on Stargate being stood up spinning very fast and being help upsidedown with blazing of strobes and very thick smoke does not do good things. If i didnt know better i would say that was a Ministry Of Joy invention

although a 2 rides on the very very INTENSE 2Xtreme probably didn't help
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
tallicay2k

Someone being sick down the drop of oblivion only to catch up with it is something I'm still waiting to see lol
(Off ride obviously ;))
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Ripsaw Raver

Well thats it, my porridge is now going down the drain  :ashamed:
cheers
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Jackmcd99

As shameful as it is i vomited after Mr Monkeys banana ride at thorpe park  :oops: may have been the stomach bug i had but that didn't prevent my friends reminding me about it for several months after
thanks Tom B for my awesome sig
Spoiler
hey :D
I love the Christmas smileys :) :D
Jack

Ripsaw Raver wrote: Image
I lost my glasses on that!!! never happened on any other ride :lol:
Last edited by Jack on Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheOutpatient

onair wrote: I'm lucky I never get sick on rides  :) but I am not good if I see someone being sick.

We were sat in that fresh chip place by Ripsaw only a month or so ago. Was tucking into my chips, sausage and beans when I heard gasps of omg.

Looked up  and there was a guy sat nearly in the middle of Ripsaw, well think its the most sick come out of a person I have seen on a ride at Alton before. The poor people around him also got a splattering. Felt sorry for him as he was very embarrassed when he got off. He was totally covered in it, his girlfriend was just laughing.

They put the ride on full spin after. Just imagine being sat beside someone when that happens lol...
Holy S
That is DI, SCUSTING. :D

What I want to know is, do Alton Towers offer anything to people who have been vomited on since that actually has a Hellish connotation?

A solution is maybe to offer a service where clothes are washed and dried within the hour and during this hour you can have a shower. Alton Towers dressing gown is leant to those who are having their clothes dried.

I don't know what they can do in the time inbetween. It wont feel like long - maybe they can watch the CCTV of the park I don't know- its always been pretty interesting for me.
Last edited by TheOutpatient on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
Alex.D

Nemesis Inferno gave me the mother of all nosebleeds on the final turn into the brake run. It didn't stop for 20 mins! And was on and off all day. :I
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
tcw1993

I used to be fine up until 2010 I think it was, absolutely nothing phased me I could go on anything loads of times. Then I went oblivion, a ride I had ridden several times before and been fine, it absolutely wrote me off I wasn't sick but it made me feel rubbish all day. Since then the most intense ride I do is air. Everything else makes me feel ill, it could just be purely psychological, who knows. I wish I could ride everything I miss it :(
i love sub terra. By the looks of it, the only one.
TheOutpatient

so its been 3 years and you are sensitive to rides?

You probably aren't dying or you'd be gone by now, so maybe its stress related - I would make a doctors appointment just to be sure.

I used to get quite nauseated easily when I was 15 or so. It was definitely more psychological and a result of fear of doing something rather than actually doing something itself. I had a fear of vomiting. I used to feel a bit ill in my friends car and one time on the tube on the way to natural history museum - I will never forget how the people cleared from around me and a Harrods bag was given to me. Loool. I wasn't ill though.

If your doctor can't treat you, make sure he does something about your stress, if thats what it really looks like. I actually didn't realise I was stressed cause I thought it was normal.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
Martin2013

I haven't ever vomited on a ride although I do remember a visit to Alton Towers back in 2001 on the last weekend of the summer holidays where I was feeling really ill with worry about the thought of going back to school. I was having a very bad time there at that point. As such I didn't want to go on many rides that day and had rather a miserable visit.
themealgang

Yes. But only once... well actually twice and these incidents did not occur at a theme park; it was at a travelling fair. The first was on a Waltzer. The fair was dead so the ride went on for about 6 minutes. For some reason, this Waltzer spun more than normal (the platform wasn't 'flat' at any point, meaning the cars spun continuously in the same direction), and I generally thought I was going to be sick afterwards.

The next is one of the only rides in the world I will avoid: The Tivoli Extreme. I went on one a few years ago, and the ride was that fast, I thought my legs were going to drop off in pain. A short while afterwards, I came home after feeling unusually green... and vomited before bed. How lovely.  :roll:

Apart from that, I've been pretty lucky. No coaster has ever made me feel nauseous.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
TheOutpatient

One of the things I really fear happening to someone is, someone vomits on the break run for Air. The next train comes along but the thing breaks down, so some person is stuck, staring at/smelling someeone elses vomit for aslong as it take to fix. lol, nasty :S