Heide Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
AstroDan

I find that quite funny. The same guy as the Rita ad! How very.... Tussauds!

:P
Benbrit

they have also used the same music for that vid that was used in x/no way out back in 2004.
halltd

Just because its bigger than Millennium Force doesn't mean it will be better. :)
"Rita: Queen of Speed. Your best Alton Towers\' ride evAr!"
AstroDan

[quote=""halltd""]Just because its bigger than Millennium Force doesn't mean it will be better. :)[/quote]

No - after all, Expedition Ge Force is better than Force so it is written in the sands, and that's tiny in comparison.

Still, nice to have a bit of ooomph in a ride eh Tim?

:D
iriderides101

About time Europe got a coaster that could rival its american rivals. Bring it on. Oh wait ive realised Heide park is owned by tussuads wow!!! I hope it goes ahead.
Williscroft

Would be amazing if it did happen. Like said above it would be something for Europe to be proud of and compete with the American coasters.

Id love to go to Heide Park however if i had to choice whilst in German id defiantly choose either Phantasialand or Europa Park as they are currently much better theme parks.

Tussauds need to boost Heide Park and really compete with the other parks over there and I think that’s already happening with the Rita clone this year.
AstroDan

Desert Race will be Germany's first Accelerator Coaster. Heide already have Colossus, which is a massive wooden rollercoaster over 100' high.

So all in all, one more major attraction at Heide-Park and all of a sudden i'll be itching to go.
Matt 125

Wow. That looks great, would love for that to happen! :)

Seems 2008 is hopefully set to be one big year!

Matt :D
AstroDan

It seems the park have permission from Government to build - but it is whether the park can secure the funding from... Tussauds.

:?
Wortho

Don't know if anyone has posted about this yet but Heide Parks new launched coaster Desert Race is going to be an off the shelf coaster. And Whats worse it means that RITA is going to become an off the shelf coaster making it 2 off the shelf coasters in UG Land. If you don't believe me the info is on this link:

http://www.ultimatecoaster.com/spring.asp?CID=941
AstroDan

To respond to Wortho's post abour this being 'off the shelf' then it is worth noting that this ride has a different ending to Rita - Queen of Speed.

Most accelerators with the exception of Kanonen and Speed Monster seem to be a variation on another anyway - Kingda/TTD/Stealth are all based around the original Xcelerator tophat, Rita/Desert Race etc.

Accelerators just don't seem to be particularly original designs.
John

There are a few more unique accelerators: there's also superman escape and stormrunner that come to mind, and there's another off the shelf layout that has a top hat and a loop threaded by a helix (I think there are 2 or 3 of those).

To go back to the topic, this ride should be much better designed than rita was. It seems to be in its own area, so it shouldn't look like its been built on stilts, and they will have space for a less hideous Q-line, they've also added about 2 more seconds of excitement at the end, which is something a lot of accelerators could do with.
iriderides101

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... 369#354369
Its now testing!
it looks good specialy with the chopper
Redcoat Jase

Everyone seems to be ripping it apart on that Forum, But I think overall, it looks better than Rita!

I prefer the colours, and the Helicopter is a great idea, But it looks abit daft without blades!
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Thomas

I agree with Jase. Looks better than Rita too me to, i don't know why but it just looks visually abit more impacting than Rita does. Also obviously just with them pictures there's going to be a fair bit of themeing, i like the Helicopter but its abit weird with it being in front of the station roof, would of looked better if they maybe have had it looking as if it had crashed into the roof or something.

Also the ending looks fun

Thomas
Tom M

[quote=""Redcoat Jase""]But it looks abit daft without blades![/quote]
That's what's missing! #-o
John

[quote=""Thomas""]Also the ending looks fun [/quote]

Not really, on the video it didn't look much faster than rita is round the final corner, and although it should be a little quicker with people on it, its not nearly as fast as I was expecting
Benbrit

Personally I prefer Rita as it dives through the trees and has that little bit more height due to it being built above the paths. but Desert racers ending looks better.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Desert Race's ending is no better than Rita's. The brakes slow it down to the same speed. Making the change totally pointless.
Adam

The updated restraints look a lot less painful, hopefully we will see those added to old Rita sometime in the future.

*Adäm x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."